• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi shiloh357,

I believe that when Jesus spoke of the Temple, (rebuilt) then He used `heiron,` while the Apostle Paul could have also but he used the word `naos,` to show the difference. So we believe differently, but one day we will know.

Guest shiloh357

Hi shiloh357,

I believe that when Jesus spoke of the Temple, (rebuilt) then He used `heiron,` while the Apostle Paul could have also but he used the word `naos,` to show the difference. So we believe differently, but one day we will know.

It's not a matter of believing differently.   You simply have not done any significant study on how those words are used.   Heiron and Naos are BOTH references to the same Temple on the Temple Mount.  I have already proven that to you in previous posts.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi shiloh357,

You may have thought you proved it according to your references but I am seeing how our Lord used that word & that is my reference. Have you noted that the temple in the tribulation  (Rev. 11: 1 & 2) is also referred to as `naos.`  (Naos - a fane, a shrine, temple Not words to describe the Temple on My Moriah)

Guest shiloh357

Hi shiloh357,

You may have thought you proved it according to your references but I am seeing how our Lord used that word & that is my reference. Have you noted that the temple in the tribulation is also referred to as `naos.`  (Naos - a fane, a shrine, temple Not words to describe the Temple on My Moriah)

The problem is that you are misreading how the Lord used it.  You are just running off of Strong's and you really don't demonstrate any skills in hermeneutics.  Your approach is wrong.   I have shown that one Hieron is always used to refer to the inner sanctuary where the priests ministered.   Naos refers to the temple structure as a whole.   naos is spiritualized by Paul to refer to our bodies as temples of the Lord. 

What makes you think the temple in the tribulation isn't on Moriah?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The Temple is not located where the Dome of the Rock is:

http://www.wnd.com/2007/02/40119/

The mosque is insignificant and its location will NOT stop the building of the Temple, even if the mosque is allowed to stand. Jewish archaeologists have discovered the site of the original 2nd Temple. The only other reason other theories exist as to its location is for political reasons. They don't want to upset Muslims.

God's holy spot has been preserved and has not been tarnished by the building of false places of worship. God has not allowed Muslims nor anybody else to build anything devoted to false gods over his holy spot.

That's why when the 2nd Temple was destroyed in 70 AD not one stone remained on top of another so that future invaders would not recognise where the holy spot was. Only the ruins of Herod's false temple remained and the Muslims thought that was it and that's why they built their mosque on top of them.

The holy spot is next to the mosque but not underneath it.

Why do you think that God gives such precise instructions of what the Third Temple's dimensions will be? It's not because he is a stickler for accurate architecture, it's because he wants the holiest of holy's to be on the right spot.

Hi Shiloh357,

`Heiron is not always referring to the `inner sanctuary. I gave you Matt. 24: 1 as an example where Jesus & His disciples were looking at the temple buildings. (Heiron)

Next point is related to how Jesus used a word. He would take one that was in use & use it afresh. `Ekklesia,` is a good example. This word was used in relation to Israel. `This is he who was in the Ekklesia / church in the wilderness,` referring to Israel. Now we know that the Lord took this word & gave it a further meaning - the Body of Christ. `I will build my Ekklesia / church....` (Matt. 16:18)

We need to see how Jesus used a word & not just what is written by man.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

can Gods presences ever be in the temple until Jesus returns.....  I don't think I've ever pondered that.

Is not God's presence always on the site of the Temple? That's why nobody has ever been permitted to build any other place of worship to false gods on that very spot.

But....isn't the Dome of the Rock built on that spot?  That would be a place of worship of a false god.

The Dome of the Rock is not on that spot. It's next to it.

It's not so much that God's presence is there (although it probably is), it's that God has reserved that spot for himself until the 3rd Temple is built. Nobody has ever been allowed to build a temple to false gods on that spot. Even Herod's false temple was next to it but not on it. People have walked over the spot but false worship has been prevented from happening there.

The exception will be the Tribulation where Satan will be allowed to claim the spot for seven years.

Oakwood.  I have some people I need to tell that to and they are going to ask me how  I know that.....   I'm not sure "Cause Oakwood says" will be good enough...   is there some research somewhere that I can back that up.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

can Gods presences ever be in the temple until Jesus returns.....  I don't think I've ever pondered that.

Is not God's presence always on the site of the Temple? That's why nobody has ever been permitted to build any other place of worship to false gods on that very spot.

But....isn't the Dome of the Rock built on that spot?  That would be a place of worship of a false god.

It's not so much that God's presence is there (although it probably is), it's that God has reserved that spot for himself until the 3rd Temple is built. Nobody has ever been allowed to build a temple to false gods on that spot. Even Herod's false temple was next to it but not on it. People have walked over the spot but false worship has been prevented from happening there.

The exception will be the Tribulation where Satan will be allowed to claim the spot for seven years.

Oakwood.  I have some people I need to tell that to and they are going to ask me how  I know that.....   I'm not sure "Cause Oakwood says" will be good enough...   is there some research somewhere that I can back that up.

Yes, I believe that I gave a link. Here it is again:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Yes, I believe that I gave a link. Here it is again:

My fault,   I didn't read on to the end of the thread.

So, when did Israel return to the Old Covenant? When did the sacrifces for sin begin. Where are the Red calves without blemish?

Israel, as a people/nation, is still obligated to the Mosaic covenant. That hasn't changed since Israel received the Mosaic covenant. They are not always obedient, and there have been other times when sacrifices were not possible (Babylonian exhile), but Israel is still obligated. 

On the side, they do have a red heifer.

The nation of Israel has not returned to the OT Covenant. Being obligated does not mean practicing. There is no sacrifice for sin happening now as there is no Temple that has been accepted by GOD. It has not been built yet and will not be built where the Temple Mount mosque stands. Jews can't even pray there and there are riots by the Arabs everytime they try.

The Mosque is not where the Temple was. They can build a temple next to the mosque. Who cares if Muslims riot anyway? They won't be in a position to riot after the Ezekiel 38 war.

And that is when the anti-Christ will give permission for a Temple to be built; after GOD has callled all the faithful Jews back to Israel, the nation of Israel will realize that it was GOD who saved them and will want to return to rebuild the Temple to return to the sacrificial OT covenant. 3 1/2 years later, the Abomination that Causes Desolation will occur and the "Great Tribulation" will take place.