paulbassett

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It seems that in the story of Job, our Loving God was so cruel... Why would He let the devil have his way withJob, when Job was suffering so much?

It seems that in the story of Job, our Loving God was so cruel... Why would He let the devil have his way with Job, when Job was suffering so much?

~

Beloved

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:5-6

It Seems You Have Missed The Point

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

It seems that in the story of Job, our Loving God was so cruel... Why would He let the devil have his way with Job, when Job was suffering so much?

~

Beloved

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:5-6

It Seems You Have Missed The Point

Amen Joe.

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 
Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

Psa 18:30  As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. 

The book of Job teaches us to trust God even when we do not understand. 

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

James 5:11 (ESV) Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have [bold]seen the purpose of the Lord[/bold], how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

Until we learn the lesson of Job, nothing else matters. Once we learn the lesson of Job, nothing else matters!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

God knew (foreknowledge) that Job would remain faithful to Him, so when asked by Satan that he be allowed to test Job, god said yes and repaid Job twice over for his faithfulness. God was not cruel, He knew Job's heart.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

That's ok for Job, but I'm not sure his dead children would agree...  It's always bothered me that God let Satan kill his kids.

That's ok for Job, but I'm not sure his dead children would agree...  It's always bothered me that God let Satan kill his kids.

:thumbsup:

Beloved,

While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. Job 1:18-22

Job's Children Are Not Dead

He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err. Mark 12:27

And God Does Allow His Children 

When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, Acts 7:54-57

To Follow Their LORD And Savior

And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. Acts 7:58-60

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

they may not stay dead Joe, but at the time the Word says that they are dead....   for the rest of Job's life they did not return as far as we know.

they may not stay dead Joe, but at the time the Word says that they are dead....   for the rest of Job's life they did not return as far as we know.

~

Beloved Job Has 

And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. Job 1:2

Fourteen Children

He had also seven sons and three daughters. Job 42:13

And Beloved, If One Has Trouble Not Charging God

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. Job 1:22

How Ever Will He Handle This?

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

~

Dear Brother Think We Will Meet His Kids?

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:12-13

Yea, Me Too

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know the answer. But I love the book of Job. I find it to be a great comfort to me. It has taught me that I can complain to God when I feel bitter about my life. Job wanted to die and at times so do I. If Job can feel that way then it is not so strange for me to feel that way too from time to to. I think the book of Job is the most beautifully written book in the Bible.