IGNORED

How to pray for Jerusalem and for everlasting peace.

angels4u

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Not everlasting peace but 3,5 years peace then 2/3 of Jews die .

Only Christ will bring them everlasting peace when he returns to rescue them .

Don't be like Peter who told Jesus to not die on cross , he wanted good but it would not be good if Jesus did not die for us on cross.

Matthew 16

21From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Same goes for praying for hurracines or other things in world .

Jesus said in John 17:9

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

If God want to punish America with huracines and destroy it for thier iniquity then let it be , maybe it's punishment for gay mariage .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

On 11.9.2017 at 11:38 PM, Robert William said:

and the Jews have [...] killed the Messiah.

Hi Robert,

... would you want to hold me responsible for what Germanic tribes did among them 2000 years ago? Jews of today won't kill anyone for saying their opinion.

Other Hebrew friendly co-posters might be busy with dealing with the consequences of the storm Irma, today, so I hope it's ok for me to jump in the debate.

Thomas

(p.s. I just shortened your quote a bit...)

8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Scripture tells us:

" Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. " (John 14:8-14, NASB, emphasis mine)

And:

" With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. " (Ephesians 6:18-20, NASB, emphasis mine)

And:

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4: 4-7, NASB, emphasis mine)

And:

" These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." (1 John 5;13-15, NASB, emphasis mine)

And of course, the "Lord's prayer", where we are to bring our needs and concerns before Him:

"“And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. Pray, then, in this way:  ‘Our Father who is in heaven,  Hallowed be Your name. ‘Your kingdom come.  Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.’]" (Matthew 6:7-13, NASB, emphasis mine)

All throughout Scripture, we are told to pray about what we need and the things that concern us, as well as for others. Now, here's the passage you took out of context:

"Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You; for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me. I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours; and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them. I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled." (John 17:1-12, NASB, emphasis mine)

Jesus was speaking about the disciples, not in general.

________________________________________________________________________________

With all of that said, and at the risk of this sounding like a personal attack : first you say that children will "go to hell with their parents" even though Scripture says otherwise. Then you tell people "not to pray to Jesus" even though Stephen the Martyr did so as he was dying from stones hurled by the Sanhedrin. You are constantly calling folks names like "blind" and insinuating that they don't read Scripture simply because they disagree with you. You even said that someone "may not be saved" in a post of yours, as if you can determine who is saved and who is not?? Scripture tells us the fruit of the Spirit:

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." (Galatians 5:16-24, NASB, emphasis mine)

With declaring that children go to hell, people are not saved according to you, that we're all stupid except you when it comes to Scripture, insulting and demeaning others who disagree with you, and that we should not pray for hurricanes or disasters, which of the lists in Galatians 5 do YOU think YOU come under?

And I'll do you one more favor: I'll report myself,  so you don't have to worry about "being attacked".

-Sojo414 out

Yea God will give you whatever you ask  according to his plan and will , not according to what you want . If you prayed for example for no further wars , this is not gonna happen because God said that there will be wars and rumors of wars , so he won't do against his will and his prophecy just because you made a prayer .  Also i don't tempt God just as Jesus say in Matthew 4:7 , i know that God knows what i need before i even need it so i don't pray for it and just pray giving thanks to him for what he gave me alredy .

I never said that children go to hell , i said children go to heaven . Please quote post where i said it or take it back thanks .

We all are stupid as people but i never called somebody stupid , he might be ignorant for not reading Bible but overall as humans we are stupid compared to God , that's why i prefer to read what God said and try to understand God's mind rather than mind of man .

Edited by Amazing Horse

On 9/13/2017 at 3:36 AM, thomas t said:

Hi Robert,

... would you want to hold me responsible for what Germanic tribes did among them 2000 years ago? Jews of today won't kill anyone for saying their opinion.

Other Hebrew friendly co-posters might be busy with dealing with the consequences of the storm Irma, today, so I hope it's ok for me to jump in the debate.

Thomas

(p.s. I just shortened your quote a bit...)

Matthew 27:24-25

24When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

Edited by OneLight
No need to get snarky with your replies.

Guest shiloh357
On 9/13/2017 at 5:01 AM, Amazing Horse said:

Matthew 27:24-25

24When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

No, because Jesus forgave them from the cross and prayed that what they did would not be held against them.   Jesus has  no vendetta against the Jewish people.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Please pray for Jerusalem today!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 7/17/2014 at 9:47 PM, angels4u said:

saiah’s Prayer for Jerusalem

62 Because I love Zion,

I will not keep still.

Because my heart yearns for Jerusalem,

I cannot remain silent.

I will not stop praying for her

until her righteousness shines like the dawn,

and her salvation blazes like a burning torch.

The nations will see your righteousness.

World leaders will be blinded by your glory.

And you will be given a new name

by the Lord’s own mouth.

The Lord will hold you in his hand for all to see—

a splendid crown in the hand of God.

Never again will you be called “The Forsaken City”[a]

or “The Desolate Land.”[b]

Your new name will be “The City of God’s Delight”[c]

and “The Bride of God,”[d]

for the Lord delights in you

and will claim you as his bride.

Your children will commit themselves to you, O Jerusalem,

just as a young man commits himself to his bride.

Then God will rejoice over you

as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride.

O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls;

they will pray day and night, continually.

Take no rest, all you who pray to the Lord.

Give the Lord no rest until he completes his work,

until he makes Jerusalem the pride of the earth.

The Lord has sworn to Jerusalem by his own strength:

“I will never again hand you over to your enemies.

Never again will foreign warriors come

and take away your grain and new wine.

You raised the grain, and you will eat it,

praising the Lord.

Within the courtyards of the Temple,

you yourselves will drink the wine you have pressed.”

10 Go out through the gates!

Prepare the highway for my people to return!

Smooth out the road; pull out the boulders;

raise a flag for all the nations to see.

11 The Lord has sent this message to every land:

“Tell the people of Israel,[e]

‘Look, your Savior is coming.

See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.’”

12 They will be called “The Holy People”

and “The People Redeemed by the Lord.”

And Jerusalem will be known as “The Desirable Place”

and “The City No Longer Forsaken.”

Maranatha~~~ Jesus come!

Beautiful, and in particular I think that especially the last invocation is the best prayer that, when fulfilled, will bring peace on Heaven and earth :)

• 4 months later...

Please pray for Israel this week as this is the 70th Anniversary week and also the week Donald Trump will most likely pull out of the nuclear deal with Iran which may have big concequences for the middle East , pray that there will be no dividing of the land or parts of Jerusalem and that things will go peaceful when the U.S. anbassy will be moved to Jerusalem!

There could very well be war on the end of this week.

In God we Trust as He will defend Israel,we serve a might God !

• Thumbs Up 1

• George pinned this topic

Please pray for northern Israel.  public bomb shelters have just been opened, as well as private shelters & Israel is prepared for possible attack from Iran/Syria even tonight. ...#beholdisrael

please pray:

1 hr · 

22:20 - Large explosions heard all over Damascus! 
The target of the Israeli strike - the rockets that were ready to be launched to Israel from the Iranian base in the area!

We will keep you informed of confirmed developments in Israel and the region through this post, as well as news reports.