IGNORED

How to pray for Jerusalem and for everlasting peace.

angels4u

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Several times over the last few thousand years, God has wiped out the Jews who inhabited Jerusalem. The first time, the Jews had turned to idolatry and God sent the Assyrians to destroy them and sell them into slavery. Many years later, he brought them back, but, again they turned from God to idolatry and God sent the Babylonians to destroy Jerusalem and a handful were left in the land and quite a few were exiled to Babylon for 70 years. Then God brought them back until the Messiah came, but the Jews rejected their Messiah while only a small percentage of the millions of Jews turned to the Lord, so, as the Lord Jesus told us, he sent armies to destroy and tear down Jerusalem again and it was that way for nearly two thousand years. Even today, the Jews don't fully control Jerusalem.

There are places in the scriptures where God tells the prophet to not pray for this people, as he will not hear him, but somehow, this verse in the Psalms is quoted again and again and Christians think God is calling them to pray for the city of Jerusalem. Why is that? There are false prophets out there, like Hagee from Texas, that teach people we are to pray for Jerusalem and support the Jews, no matter how anti-Christ they are or how they behave, but simply because thy are "God's chosen people." The old covenant, however, has been replaced with the new and Jesus died for the sins of all the peoples of the world and said we are to preach the gospel to all nations. Note that Jerusalem was destroyed about 37 years after the resurrection of Christ and the apostles had lived in that city, but Christ destroyed it because the nation as a whole rejected their Messiah.

Today, the United States is turning away from God to fables about the Lord as taught in modern churches: false ways of salvation based on men's works and not truly upon the grace of Christ. This idea of praying for Jerusalem is one of those fables that some Christians believe. The apostles were not caught up in such things, but went everywhere preaching the gospel. Only the gospel can bring peace to any city or nation.

Edited by One of millions

On 3/15/2015 at 3:00 PM, One of millions said:

This idea of praying for Jerusalem is one of those fables that some Christians believe....

The apostles were not caught up in such things, but went everywhere preaching the gospel....

Only the gospel can bring peace to any city or nation.....

~

It Is No Fable

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20 (KJV)

The KING Of The Jews

Look now; I myself am he!

There is no other god but me!

I am the one who kills and gives life;

I am the one who wounds and heals;

no one can be rescued from my powerful hand!

Now I raise my hand to heaven

and declare, “As surely as I live,

when I sharpen my flashing sword

and begin to carry out justice,

I will take revenge on my enemies

and repay those who reject me.

I will make my arrows drunk with blood,

and my sword will devour flesh—

the blood of the slaughtered and the captives,

and the heads of the enemy leaders.”’

“Rejoice with him, you heavens,

and let all of God’s angels worship him.

Rejoice with his people, you nations,

and let all the angels be strengthened in him.

For he will avenge the blood of his servants;

he will take revenge against his enemies.

He will repay those who hate himj

and cleanse the land for his people.” Deuteronomy 32:39-43 (NLT)

Will Restore Jerusalem, To His Glory

Then another message came to me from the Lord of Heaven’s Armies: “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: My love for Mount Zion is passionate and strong; I am consumed with passion for Jerusalem!

“And now the Lord says: I am returning to Mount Zion, and I will live in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the Faithful City; the mountain of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will be called the Holy Mountain. Zechariah 8:1-2 (NLT)

And As For Those Dozen Jewish Boys, Those Apostles Twelve

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16 (NASB)

Well, They Can Speak For Themselves

“Friends, I realize that what you and your leaders did to Jesus was done in ignorance. But God was fulfilling what all the prophets had foretold about the Messiah—that he must suffer these things. Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah. Acts 3:17-20 (NLT)

And As For Me And My Wife

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Psalms 122:6 (KJV)

Because We Love Jesus (Peace), We Will Hear The Word Of The LORD

And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,

he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;

“and this will be my covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”

As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:26-29 (ESV)

Glory~!

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Several times over the last few thousand years, God has wiped out the Jews who inhabited Jerusalem. The first time, the Jews had turned to idolatry and God sent the Assyrians to destroy them and sell them into slavery. Many years later, he brought them back, but, again they turned from God to idolatry and God sent the Babylonians to destroy Jerusalem and a handful were left in the land and quite a few were exiled to Babylon for 70 years. Then God brought them back until the Messiah came, but the Jews rejected their Messiah while only a small percentage of the millions of Jews turned to the Lord, so, as the Lord Jesus told us, he sent armies to destroy and tear down Jerusalem again and it was that way for nearly two thousand years. Even today, the Jews don't fully control Jerusalem.

There are places in the scriptures where God tells the prophet to not pray for this people, as he will not hear him, but somehow, this verse in the Psalms is quoted again and again and Christians think God is calling them to pray for the city of Jerusalem. Why is that? There are false prophets out there, like Hagee from Texas, that teach people we are to pray for Jerusalem and support the Jews, no matter how anti-Christ they are or how they behave, but simply because thy are "God's chosen people." The old covenant, however, has been replaced with the new and Jesus died for the sins of all the peoples of the world and said we are to preach the gospel to all nations. Note that Jerusalem was destroyed about 37 years after the resurrection of Christ and the apostles had lived in that city, but Christ destroyed it because the nation as a whole rejected their Messiah.

Today, the United States is turning away from God to fables about the Lord as taught in modern churches: false ways of salvation based on men's works and not truly upon the grace of Christ. This idea of praying for Jerusalem is one of those fables that some Christians believe. The apostles were not caught up in such things, but went everywhere preaching the gospel. Only the gospel can bring peace to any city or nation

I would be very interested to see the scripture that tells us not to pray for Israel. You do realize that this ministry is based out of Israel, yes?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  12

OneLight said,

I would be very interested to see the scripture that tells us not to pray for Israel. You do realize that this ministry is based out of Israel, yes?

"Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them, nor make intercession to Me; for I will not hear you.17 Do you not see what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?18 The children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger.19 Do they provoke Me to anger?" says the Lord. "Do they not provoke themselves, to the shame of their own faces?"20 Therefore thus says the Lord God: "Behold, My anger and My fury will be poured out on this place--on man and on beast, on the trees of the field and on the fruit of the ground. And it will burn and not be quenched." 
Jer 7:16-20 (NKJV)

For according to the number of your cities were your gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have set up altars to that shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal. 
14 "So do not pray for this people, or lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not hear them in the time that they cry out to Me because of their trouble. 
Jer 11:13-14 (NKJV)

Then the Lord said to me, "Do not pray for this people, for their good.12 "When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence." 
13 Then I said, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, the prophets say to them, 'You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine, but I will give you assured peace in this place.' "14 And the Lord said to me, "The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.
Jer 14:11-14 (NKJV)

Then the Lord said to me, "Do not pray for this people, for their good.12 "When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence." 

13 Then I said, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, the prophets say to them, 'You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine, but I will give you assured peace in this place.' "14 And the Lord said to me, "The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.
Jer 14:11-14 (NKJV)

:thumbsup:

Confession

We acknowledge our wickedness, Lord,

and the guilt of our ancestors;

we have indeed sinned against you.

For the sake of your name do not despise us;

do not dishonor your glorious throne.

Remember your covenant with us

and do not break it.

Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain?

Do the skies themselves send down showers?

No, it is you, Lord our God.

Therefore our hope is in you,

for you are the one who does all this. Jeremiah 14:20-22 (NIV)

And Mercy

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” Jeremiah 31:31-34 (ESV)

Great Is The LORD God Almighty

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!

May those who love her prosper!

May there be peace inside your defenses,

and prosperity inside your fortresses!

For the sake of my brothers and my neighbors

I will say, “May there be peace in you!” Psalms 122:6-8 (NET)

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Looking at the news these days ,Israel do need our prayers!

Isaiah 41:8-9 “But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  3

Amen!!!! Peace to Jerusalem, the city of my heart

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

I have to think before Christ at a time when Jerusalem (the people) were worshiping the neibours Gods

Then the Lord told the prophet that the will return to me and they did.

This is the old before chris

Today I would like to think sober where is the temple of God? When you answer you will know where Jerusalem is PEACE BE TO YOU

I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD!" 
Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem! 
Jerusalem, built as a city which is bound firmly together, 
to which the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, 
as was decreed for Israel, 
to give thanks to the name of the LORD. 
There thrones for judgment were set, 
the thrones of the house of David. 

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! 
"May they prosper who love you! 
Peace be within your walls, and security within your towers!" 
For my brethren and companions' sake I will say, "Peace be within you!" 
For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your good. 

Psalm122

• 2 weeks later...

68 Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.

As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.

Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him.

A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah:

The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.

Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.

10 Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.

11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.

12 Kings of armies did flee apace: and she that tarried at home divided the spoil.

13 Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold.

14 When the Almighty scattered kings in it, it was white as snow in Salmon.

15 The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan.

16 Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the Lord will dwell in it for ever.

17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.

18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death.

21 But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

22 The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea:

23 That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same.

24 They have seen thy goings, O God; even the goings of my God, my King, in the sanctuary.

25 The singers went before, the players on instruments followed after; among them were the damsels playing with timbrels.

26 Bless ye God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel.

27 There is little Benjamin with their ruler, the princes of Judah and their council, the princes of Zebulun, and the princes of Naphtali.

28 Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us.

29 Because of thy temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee.

30 Rebuke the company of spearmen, the multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the people, till every one submit himself with pieces of silver: scatter thou the people that delight in war.

31 Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

32 Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah:

33 To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice.

34 Ascribe ye strength unto God: his excellency is over Israel, and his strength is in the clouds.

35 O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.

Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered

Praying as more rockets are being fired from Gaza..