Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I've always read and heard that the trio of evil (the red dragon, the beast from the sea, and the beast from the earth) found in Revelation 12 and 13 correlate to Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet respectively. This would mean that the trio is made up of a demon, a human, and another human.

The red dragon is clearly identified as Satan in Revelation 12:9. The beast from the sea (with 7 heads and 10 horns) is described by John in Revelation 17:8. It says that that the beast was and is not and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. That description indicates that at some point before John was given the revelation, the beast "was" (actively doing things). At the time of the revelation, the beast "is not" (actively doing things) with the natural inference being because he was cast into the abyss. I say that because at some point he comes up out of the abyss.

Based on that description, I have difficulty seeing how the beast from the sea can be a human. He would have had to have existed in the first century or before. Also, references to the abyss found in the Bible indicate that it's a holding place or prison for demons. Luke 8:30-32 Revelation 20:2-3 If the beast from the sea comes up out of the abyss, how can he be a human?

We know from Daniel 10 that there are certain demons that influence governments i.e. the prince of Persia, the prince of Greece. It's reasonable to assume that there is also a prince of Rome, a demon that caused the Roman Empire to exercise dominion. It could be that this demon, the prince of Rome, caused Roman greatness and at some point was thrown into the abyss to be held until his release in the end times. This seems to be a better fit for the beast from the sea than a human. It would also explain the need for a "mouthpiece".

I see the trio of evil correlating to Satan, "the prince of Rome", and the false prophet (Antichrist) making it a demon, another demon, and a human.

I would be interested in any scripturally based thoughts on the subject.  Please don't link in websites or copy+paste info.  Always provide a scriptural basis and limit speculation.

Edited by Last Daze

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Just curious, Why are you opposed to copy and pasting or adding links if that answers your questions?

Beast may also be describing a KINGDOM and not just a person.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've always read and heard that the trio of evil (the red dragon, the beast from the sea, and the beast from the earth) found in Revelation 12 and 13 correlate to Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet respectively. This would mean that the trio is made up of a demon, a human, and another human.

The red dragon is clearly identified as Satan in Revelation 12:9. The beast from the sea (with 7 heads and 10 horns) is described by John in Revelation 17:8. It says that that the beast was and is not and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. That description indicates that at some point before John was given the revelation, the beast "was" (actively doing things). At the time of the revelation, the beast "is not" (actively doing things) with the natural inference being because he was cast into the abyss. I say that because at some point he comes up out of the abyss.

Based on that description, I have difficulty seeing how the beast from the sea can be a human. He would have had to have existed in the first century or before. Also, references to the abyss found in the Bible indicate that it's a holding place or prison for demons. Luke 8:30-32 Revelation 20:2-3 If the beast from the sea comes up out of the abyss, how can he be a human?

We know from Daniel 10 that there are certain demons that influence governments i.e. the prince of Persia, the prince of Greece. It's reasonable to assume that there is also a prince of Rome, a demon that caused the Roman Empire to exercise dominion. It could be that this demon, the prince of Rome, caused Roman greatness and at some point was thrown into the abyss to be held until his release in the end times. This seems to be a better fit for the beast from the sea than a human. It would also explain the need for a "mouthpiece".

I see the trio of evil correlating to Satan, "the prince of Rome", and the false prophet (Antichrist) making it a demon, another demon, and a human.

I would be interested in any scripturally based thoughts on the subject.  Please don't link in websites or copy+paste info.  Always provide a scriptural basis and limit speculation.

Most likely the beasts are two fallen angels and a hybrid.....     demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim so to be functional it would have to have a human body to possess   Since Satan has always been I don't see how it can be the one that was, is not and is to be.   More likely Apollo or Azazel.

Not to be tacky but it's kind of bold with only seven posts to come here and start making rules for posting.....   just to let you know my thoughts.

Just curious, Why are you opposed to copy and pasting or adding links if that answers your questions?

Beast may also be describing a KINGDOM and not just a person.

Links etc would be welcomed if I had a question.  I was more interested in discussion.  When someone can state their viewpoint in their own words and provide support it shows they've put some thought in it and it tends to be a more focused discussion.

I've not heard of a kingdom coming up out of the abyss.  Is there any support for that?

Most likely the beasts are two fallen angels and a hybrid.....     demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim so to be functional it would have to have a human body to possess   Since Satan has always been I don't see how it can be the one that was, is not and is to be.   More likely Apollo or Azazel.

Not to be tacky but it's kind of bold with only seven posts to come here and start making rules for posting.....   just to let you know my thoughts.

My "rules" for posting only pertain to this thread, of course.  I just find that it helps keep things relevant to the topic.  I don't see them as unreasonable but if you do, let me know.  Its true that I'm new to this forum but not to forums.

I know that there's not a lot of info on demons in the Bible but is there anywhere that supports that they are disembodied spirits of nephilim?

I don't think you will find that acceptable with very many people here. You can start threads but you don't control them. Its one of the reasons this is such a great place. Threads take on a life of there own.

I don't think you will find that acceptable with very many people here. You can start threads but you don't control them. Its one of the reasons this is such a great place. Threads take on a life of there own.

Never meant to insinuate that I controlled the thread.  Just some thoughts for trying to keep it relevent and on-topic.  Obviously, people can do whatever.

Never meant to insinuate that I controlled the thread.  Just some thoughts for trying to keep it relevent and on-topic.  Obviously, people can do whatever.

btw welcome and I'm looking forward to getting to know you....   I don't mean to sound like some thread guard dog  LoL.

btw welcome and I'm looking forward to getting to know you....   I don't mean to sound like some thread guard dog  LoL.

Thanks.  I've edited the original post.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Since Rev.13:2 with pointers to the beast kingdoms of Dan.7 is used as a descriptor of the first beast that comes up out of the sea of Rev.13:1, and... Jesus revealed in Rev.17:15 that the "waters" represent peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues, it makes that first beast a kingdom beast.

But Rev.13:11 foward reveals the second beast "another beast", is a person over that first beast. The first beast has "seven heads" which are "seven mountains" per Rev.17. The beast of Rev.12:3-4 when Satan first rebelled also had "seven heads".

When Rev.17 uses the 'beast' metaphor it's more difficult to distinguish between the idea of a beast kingdom vs. a beast king. But that's what must be done in order to know what those passages in Rev.17 are talking about. The subject between the two different beast types changes quickly there.

Notice in Rev.19:20 the false prophet wrought miracles and deceived, which is what the 2nd beast ("another beast") of Rev.13:11 does, making both of them the same one. The beast in Rev.19:20 is shown as separate from the false prophet though, which could only then apply to the 1st beast, a kingdom. Especially notice... both of those go into the "lake of fire" at the START of Christ's thousand years reign, but not the dragon (Satan).

As of today, and even all the way to the end of Christ's future thousand years reign, no flesh man is judged and sentenced to perish in the "lake of fire". That will only occur at the end of Christ's thousand years reign. Right now only Satan and his angels have been judged and sentenced to perish already, none others have yet.

So who is that "false prophet" of Rev.19:20, because it cannot be any flesh man? That also applies to the 2nd beast ("another beast") of Rev.13:11 forward. The reality is that false prophet is... Satan, as he also is that "another beast" who works those miracles in the sight of men on earth. The false prophet and 2nd beast are 'roles' that Satan will play for the end, and those roles along with the beast kingdom will be destroyed in the "lake of fire" at Christ's coming, but not the dragon (Satan) yet.