• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

There is a difference between being oppressed and possessed.  Anyone can be oppressed when satans demons try to cause harm and discouragement, hoping to turn people away from God.  Being possessed is a whole different story.  Demons cannot live in the same house (body) as the Spirit of God.  If they could, that would mean that they are as powerful, or more powerful, than God.  When we become His, He seals us with His Spirit.  Once sealed, nothing can get in. So the question from me to everyone is, who is more powerful, God or demons?

Ephesians 1:13-14

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

That is not the right question to ask first of all, since it is irrelevant for that example. God is all powerful and in control and He is the One that allows the demon to enter.

Jesus commanded us to cast demons OUT of people and this is only really successful if the person is already saved, since they in most cases have to repent and renounce that authority that the demon has to begin with. At least their hearts have to be right in that area with God.

Matt 10:1

And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.

Matt 12:28

But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you

Mark16:17

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

and many others...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

There is a difference between being oppressed and possessed.  Anyone can be oppressed when satans demons try to cause harm and discouragement, hoping to turn people away from God.  Being possessed is a whole different story.  Demons cannot live in the same house (body) as the Spirit of God.  If they could, that would mean that they are as powerful, or more powerful, than God.  When we become His, He seals us with His Spirit.  Once sealed, nothing can get in. So the question from me to everyone is, who is more powerful, God or demons?

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

That is not the right question to ask first of all, since it is irrelevant for that example. God is all powerful and in control and He is the One that allows the demon to enter.

Jesus commanded us to cast demons OUT of people and this is only really successful if the person is already saved, since they in most cases have to repent and renounce that authority that the demon has to begin with. At least their hearts have to be right in that area with God.

And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to them, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.

But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;[

and many others...

I strongly disagree.  God does not allow demons to enter His children whose body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

There is absolutely no scripture that claims a demon was cast out of any follower of Christ. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Anyone who had a demon were not following God.  After an unclean spirit is removed from someone, the person must find protection in God by believing in Christ onto salvation or they will be far worse then they were before. Notice that when they returned to the "house", they found it empty? The Holy Spirit was not there. Those who accept Christ will not have an empty house.

Matthew 12:43-45

When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

BodySoulampSpirit.jpg
The spirit of man died immediately in sin-
Gen 2:17
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not
eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
KJV

The corporeal body dies over time-
Gen 3:19
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto
the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto
dust shalt thou return.

KJV

This rebirth of spirit is found in-
John 3:3-8
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus
saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the
second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily,
verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit,
he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind
bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst
not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is
born of the Spirit.
KJV

The outcome of new birth (being made alive by the Spirit of God and indwelt)-
Rom 5:18
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condem-
nation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men
unto justification of life.
KJV

This new birth is sanctified by Jesus's life and will grow in sanctification
as the second birth realities replace first birth deceptions of what life
truly is...-
Rom 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing
of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect,
will of God.

KJV

We actually are made able to be more and more  like our Lord Jesus for we
have an inner man to draw from where first only through the body now we have
direct contact to God through the reborn s/Spirit being sealed in that by
God The Holy Spirit-
John 6:27
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth
unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath
God the Father sealed.

KJV
2 Cor 1:20-22
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory
of God by us. 21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath
anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the
Spirit in our hearts

KJV
Eph 1:13
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel
of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with
that holy Spirit of promise,

KJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  25

First of all we must define the word demon. According to Merriam Webster dictionary a demon is:

a) An evil spirit        

b) A source or agent of evil, harm, distress or ruin

I have read all of the post and I want to address how can a born again Christian be violated by a demon. Look up Verichip a microchip manufacturer, Microchip named the Mark of the Beast. When a Christian is unknowingly implanted with a microchip they have received an agent of evil. You need to research the capabilities of the microchip. Also look up the laws in Virginia that have been past stating that Humans can no longer be implanted in humans whether it be voluntary or involuntary. Key words no longer. Once you understand the capabilities of the microchip you can see how the person is controlled through the chip. Whoever has control of the microchip is the demon. So, is the demon in the person or operating from outside of the person. This makes the demon filled person able to access the person without ever entering the person.

First of all we must define the word demon. According to Merriam Webster dictionary a demon is:

a) An evil spirit        

b) A source or agent of evil, harm, distress or ruin

I have read all of the post and I want to address how can a born again Christian be violated by a demon. Look up Verichip a microchip manufacturer, Microchip named the Mark of the Beast. When a Christian is unknowingly implanted with a microchip they have received an agent of evil. You need to research the capabilities of the microchip. Also look up the laws in Virginia that have been past stating that Humans can no longer be implanted in humans whether it be voluntary or involuntary. Key words no longer. Once you understand the capabilities of the microchip you can see how the person is controlled through the chip. Whoever has control of the microchip is the demon. So, is the demon in the person or operating from outside of the person. This makes the demon filled person able to access the person without ever entering the person.

Don't really know what this has to do with scripture (maybe except for prophecy) but they didn't have microchips back then :hmmm:  Go to the Strongs concordance - Demon: daimonion - evil spirits or the messengers and ministers of the devil.

Demons ALWAYS were and are cast OUT. Sin is mostly responsible for an open door for a demon to come in among a few other ways. If you sin you will give a demon the right to enter, if you are Christian or non- Christian does NOT matter.

And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to them, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.

But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;[

and many others...

I strongly disagree.  God does not allow demons to enter His children whose body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

There is absolutely no scripture that claims a demon was cast out of any follower of Christ. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Anyone who had a demon were not following God.  After an unclean spirit is removed from someone, the person must find protection in God by believing in Christ onto salvation or they will be far worse then they were before. Notice that when they returned to the "house", they found it empty? The Holy Spirit was not there. Those who accept Christ will not have an empty house.

Matthew 12:43-45

When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.

You of course have the right to disagree but you are still wrong. Those scriptures do not prove that a demon cannot come into a born again believer. 

Again you are filled in your spirit not in your soul or body, they still have to be renewed/healed. Also if a Christian still has a sin problem, they have a demon problem. Sin opens the door to demons to come in and torment and that doesn't matter if one is saved or not.

Here Jesus warns of this:

Luke 11:35-36

Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness36 If then your whole body is full of light, having nopart darkthe whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.”

Jesus says it right there, there can be light with darkness in a person , which it ought not to be that way, since your body should be full of light, but if it's not you need to remove that part darkness.

Lk 6:45 

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of hisheartbrings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Mk 7:20-22

20 And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.

"Defile" and "corruption" always speaks of demonic influence.

Heb 3:12-13

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

So if there cannot be any demonic presence in a Christian, then why is the author of Hebrews speaking to Brethren (Christians!) that can have an evil heart (speaks of the soul) and unbelief? These are people that are spirit filled Christians that can still have evil hearts (there are several scriptures in the NT that backs this up too). Jesus just said in the scripture before that these things (sin) is coming out of a heart with an "evil treasure" and if they are full of the Holy Spirit and a "new creature" with a "new nature", where do they get this from then if not from "part dark" or part hardness of a heart, that also harbor demons and a mind that still needs to be renewed because part of it is more or less still influenced by the enemy that still has to be removed yet, because there are still evil thoughts next to godly thoughts - aren't there!?

Ask yourself if you, full of the Holy Spirit with a new nature, normally only should have godly thoughts, then where do the evil thoughts come from all of a sudden? If there is still a voice in you that wants to tempt you and lead you to sin, there must still be something that is not brought under subjection yet, has not been removed yet, that part is darkness or evil.

Your body also then should be totally healed if it is the temple of the Holy Spirit (by the way that is not where the HSP resides, He is in your spirit not part of your body but it is just the "house" of your spirit).

So if there is still an evil demonic sickness in your body then how come this can "reside" with the Holy Spirit in there also?

When a Christian sins then the Holy Spirit would have to leave in that instant, since God cannot have ANYTHING at all in the slightest way or instance to do with sin, as the scripture says, "what fellowship has light with darkness" and sin is definitely darkness...

And as far as demons can't torment, harass or enter Believers:

Here is Paul dealing with one:

2 Cor 12:7

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.

Here is one inside Peter, who is speaking out of him and attacking Jesus :

Matt 16:23

But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind MeSatan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Jesus telling His disciples that they are talking out of an evil spirit (demon) inside of them!

Luke 9: 54-55

And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”

55 But He turned and rebuked them,and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.

Here is Simon called out by Peter that he is having actually several demons still inside of him that he has to get rid of and as we can see Simon was saved and baptized so there is no arguing that he wasn't really saved, scripture proves it!!!:

Acts 8:13; 18-20

Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done.

18And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 19 saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

20 But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! 21 You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. 23 For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”

Wickedness in the heart, bitterness and bound by iniquity is all talking of demonic power inside (heart) of a Christian. How can one be bound otherwise, who is doing the binding? There is darkness in his heart where also the Holy Spirit (light) should reside, since he was just saved and baptized!

You of course have the right to disagree but you are still wrong. Those scriptures do not prove that a demon cannot come into a born again believer.

What you are teaching is false. None of the verses you brought declares that a believer can be possessed.  Oppressed, yes, possessed, no. All you have shown is how a person can turn from Christ or be influenced by demonic forces. You are forgetting one very vital verse.

1 Corinthians 6:19

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Remember we are a three part being, body, soul and spirit. If we are born again the demon cannot influence out spirit, but if we stray our body and soul can be influenced and oppressed. Can we be possessed? I'm not really sure about this. It is a good discussion because there are so many variables. Is the person actually born again would be my first question.

Hi Lance, your part right Christians can be oppressed but not possessed.  Dark and light cannot be in  the same place.  And your  question a good one was this person really saved in the first place.

Because He Lives!! Rustyangel 

What you are teaching is false. None of the verses you brought declares that a believer can be possessed.  Oppressed, yes, possessed, no. All you have shown is how a person can turn from Christ or be influenced by demonic forces. You are forgetting one very vital verse.

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

Remember we are a three part being, body, soul and spirit. If we are born again the demon cannot influence out spirit, but if we stray our body and soul can be influenced and oppressed. Can we be possessed? I'm not really sure about this. It is a good discussion because there are so many variables. Is the person actually born again would be my first question.

Hi Lance, your part right Christians can be oppressed but not possessed.  Dark and light cannot be in  the same place.  And your  question a good one was this person really saved in the first place.

Your definition of "possession" is semantics! Possession is the taking over of a part or the whole of a thing or person and controlling it (whole or in part!). If a sickness takes over (like cancer) part of your body, it now controls and influences that part of your body - is it inside or outside?! Many people are instantly healed when a demon comes OUT of a person (see scriptures backing this up), so the sickness and the demon are so correlated that sickness depends on that demon to be there or the demon is the cause and enabler of the sickness.  Now the same sickness is in Christians as well as in non-Christains! Isn't it? After Jesus cast out demons and the person is healed, He warns them not to sin anymore or it will come back worse. Now there you see that sin brought the demon in and it will come back when that sin is done again. Why even telling an unbeliever to do that? How can an unbeliever not sin? They live in sin...

OneLight - you have totally missed the point of a Christian "having an evil heart of unbelief" or being FULL of bitterness (filled with an evil spirit that is) read it again, pray over it, maybe you will get the revelation.

Have you ever tried to cast a demon out of an unbeliever? Please try it and then let's talk again, if you don't then anything you say is theoretical hearsay that your church taught you (NOT scripture).

No matter how many times you quote this verse. Nowhere does it say that the Holy Spirit inhabiting a person where that person cannot  have a demon at the same time? Have you ever seen in the Bible where a demon is wiped away or shooed away from a person? They are all cast OUT!

You forgot that if a demon speaks OUT of somebody that demon has to be INSIDE a person - see Peter, Apostles etc... you just don't want to see it, since it goes against what you want to believe. All you can do is to cling to this one verse that doesn't say anything to the contrary of what I just said. If it was true that nothing evil could come INTO a person when the Holy Spirit resides in them, they also would be UNABLE to sin or get any form of sickness, since then the Holy Spirit would "live" inside a body that also inhabits a form of evil or darkness (remember the scripture with the - part dark!) That was Jesus warning of not having darkness in there with the Light - He said it to believers! otherwise, if that was not possible then why even making that point?

By the way, we ONLY cast demons out of Christians (successfully now for many years) and make sure that they have accepted Jesus beforehand! And yes, they are really saved and spirit filled and or baptized (like Simon was in Acts!). Everything else is really futile, like I said before, one has to be repentive in that area in order to cast the demon out successfully and you can't do that if you are not saved/believe in Jesus, otherwise the demon has a right to that person (because of curses, sin) to be in that area it is in and it doesn't mean that that demon controls the whole person but only torments that part it has a right to (in soul or body) , the person still can worship God, pray etc.  The Holy spirit lives in your SPIRIT not in the body!!! the body is just the house of your spirit. It's separate. When you die you leave this body behind but your spirit goes on with the Holy Spirit. Your soul needs to be still redeemed, it is not saved, neither is your body, otherwise there would be no need to RENEW your MIND in Rom 12:2 and to be admonished to keep your body clean - so meaning it can be defiled. By what? The word 'defiled' is always in connection with an evil spirit. You defile your body by sinning, letting a demon INSIDE of you, which then brings darkness in your body and sickness and disease. It all works together like that.

Your definition of "possession" is semantics! Possession is the taking over of a part or the whole of a thing or person and controlling it (whole or in part!). If a sickness takes over (like cancer) part of your body, it now controls and influences that part of your body - is it inside or outside?! Many people are instantly healed when a demon comes OUT of a person (see scriptures backing this up), so the sickness and the demon are so correlated that sickness depends on that demon to be there or the demon is the cause and enabler of the sickness.  Now the same sickness is in Christians as well as in non-Christains! Isn't it? After Jesus cast out demons and the person is healed, He warns them not to sin anymore or it will come back worse. Now there you see that sin brought the demon in and it will come back when that sin is done again. Why even telling an unbeliever to do that? How can an unbeliever not sin? They live in sin...

Sickness is mostly the result of cell degeneration, not always from demonic possession.  That is the problem with today's deliverance ministry, it tries to tie everything in nature to demonic influences or possession, finding demons in every shadow and under every rock.  Very few have it right today.

Let's take a look at the what scripture tells us about demons and possession.  The text I use is from:

The Complete Word Study Dictionary

Edited by Spiros Zodhiates Th.D.

ISBN: 089957663X

ISBN-13: 9780899576633

UPC: 9780899576633

G1139

daimonizomenous

To be violently possessed by, to be in the power of a demon.

• Possessed by a demon or a devil (Matt.8:16, 28, 33; 9:32; 12:22; 15:22; Mark 1:32; 5:15, 16, 18; Luke 8:36; John 10:21, see John 10:20); having a demon (John 7:20).  The daimonizomenous, those violently possessed by demons, are distinguished from other sick folk in Matt. 4:24; Mark 1:32.  In addition to the term daimonizomenous, the pres. mid. part. of the verb meaning demon-possessed (Matt 4:24), there are other expressions used in the Gospels such as dismonistheis, the aor. pass. part. indicating a definite entrance into a person (Mark 5:18; Like 8:36); also a man with an unclean spirit (Mark 1:23; 5:2) where the prep. en (1722) refers to being in the power of demons; having demons (Luke 8:27); a man having a spirit or an unclean demon (Luke 4:33); disturbed by unclean spirits (Luke 6:18); driven of a demon (Luke 8:29); and the verb seleniazomai (4583), to be moonstruck, a lunatic.  Most of those who are said to be demon possessed are adult men; the few exceptions are certain women who had been healed of evil spirits such as Mary Magdalene (Luke 8:2), the woman who had been bound by Satan for eighteen years (Luke 13:11, 16), and the little daughter of the Syro-Phoenician woman (Mark 7:25).  IT is, however, probable that others besides men are included in such passages as Mark 1:32ff.; Luke 7:21.  The signs of possession designated as seleniazomai (Matt. 4:24) are distinguished from daimonizomenoi , which would also appear to have been regarded as a sign of possession.  A man who is "mad", in the moderns sense of being out of his mind, is said to have a demon, this being as accusation against John the Baptist (Matt. 11:18) and Christ (John 10:20).
  • A demonic is spoken if as the dwelling-place of a demon, and a number of demons can dwell in one person (Matt. 12:45, Mark 5:9; Luke 8:2)
  • Sometimes a demon is differentiated from the man possessed (Mark 1:23, 24); at other times the two are identified (Mark 3:11); in Meak 5:1-10 the demon acts both as part of the man and independently of the man.  Differentiation is strongly marked when an expression such as that in Luke 6:18 is used, "They that were vexed [enochloumenoi, {UBS (1776); ochloumenoi, TR (3791)} to annoy, to trouble] with unclean spirits."
  • The same outward signs are at one time spoken of as possession, at another as an ordinary sickness (Matt. 4:24; 17:15).  One of Christ's chief works on earth was to annihilate the power of demons; the demons themselves realized this (Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34 [cf. 1 John 3:8]).  The destruction of their kingdom is necessary for the establishment of the kingdom of God.
  • With the exception of the case of the woman bound by Satan for eighteen years in Luke 13:11, 16, no instance is recorded of Jesus laying His hands upon or in any way coming in direct contact with the one who is possessed by a demon. On the other hand, His words are never severe when addressing the possessed.
  • Very remarkable, moreover, is the fact that even when He speaks to the demon itself, Christ's words are never angry.  He "rebukes" the demon (Mark 1:25; Luke 4:35), but the words of the rebuke are simply, "Hold thy peace, and come out of him," or a command that He should not be made known (Mark 3:12, contrast to Luke 8:39).  On one occasion the request of demons is granted (Matt. 8:31, 32; Mark 5:12, 13; Luke 8:32).
  • The power which Christ has over demons is absolute, for they are wholly subject unto Him and are compelled to yield to His obedience (Mark1:27; Luke 4:41).  That it is an unwilling obedience is obvious, and this is graphically brought out, for example, when it is said of a demon that before coming out of a man it threw him down in the midst (Luke 4:35).
  • The recognition of Christ by demons is of a kind which is very striking, for He is not only recognized as Jesus of Nazareth, i.e., as born of men, but is also addressed as the "Holy One of God" (Luke 4:34) and as the "Son of God" (Luke 4:41), i.e., as one of Divine nature.  This latter title is emphasized by their knowledge of His power to cast them into the abyss (Luke 8:31), which also accounts for their fear of Him.
  • The power of Christ over demons was regarded as something new called he didache he kaine (didache [1322], teaching; kaine [2537], qualitatively new), "new doctrine" (Mark 1:27).  This was because a method of exorcism which was familiar to the Jews until then was the pronouncing of a magical formula over the possessed.  In the Gospels, as a rule, the casting out of a demon is stated without specifying by what means it was done (Mark 1:34; Like 7:21; 8:2). but we learn the methods used from a number of other passages: by a word (Matt. 8:8); in the Spirit of God (Matt. 12:28); with the finger of God (Luke 11:20); through rebuking (epitimao [2008]) (Matt 8:32); through simple saying "Go" (Matt. 8:32); through the saying "Come out" (Mark 5:8; Luke 4:35).  On one occasion the words are addressed to the mother of a child who is possessed, "Be it as thou wantest" (a.t. [Matt 15.28; Mark 7:29]), the possessed child not being in His presence (Mark 7:30), thus His power did not depend on His visible personality.
  • In the view of the fact that Jesus Christ has absolute power over the demons, it is impossible for a demon to possess a believer in whose heart Christ dwells.  In Mark 3:22 the scribes say of Christ that "He hath Beelzebub," and in Mark 3:30 occur the words "Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit."  It is evident that Beelzebub, the "prince of the demons," and "unclean spirit" are syn. with "demon."  In John 7:20 the Jews accused Christ of being possessed by a demon because He said they sought to kill Him (John 8:48, 49).
  • Christ bestowed this power of casting out demons on His Twelve Apostles (Matt. 10:1; Mark 3:14, 15; Luke 9:1).  When demons were cast out it was by virtue of the power of His Name (Matt. 7:22; Luke 10:17).  Following the Transfiguration, Christ's disciples were not able to do this because of the lack of faith on their part (Matt. 17:20).  We read, however, in Mark 9:38, 39 of one who was not a follower of Christ but who was, nevertheless, able to cast out demons in His name (cf. Matt. 12:27; Luke 11:19).
  • Some forms of possession were regarded as mental derangement.  Christ speaks of John the Baptist having been looked upon as possessed (Matt. 11:18; Luke 7:33).  He was so regarded because his mode of life seemed to be somewhat eccentric.  The man who was possessed was despised because he spoke what was deemed nonsense,  The supposed connection between possession and mental derangement is pointedly brought out in John 10:20, "He hath a devil [daimonion {1140}, demon] as is mad."  While intimates in the Synoptic Gospels that the possession has no direct connection with moral standing, this is brought forth more clearly in the above verse.  In addition, the verb mainetai (3105), is mad, is also used in 1 Cor. 14:23 in regard to the persons who utter ecstatic utterances in the church.

emphasis mine

OneLight - you have totally missed the point of a Christian "having an evil heart of unbelief" or being FULL of bitterness (filled with an evil spirit that is) read it again, pray over it, maybe you will get the revelation.

Have you ever tried to cast a demon out of an unbeliever? Please try it and then let's talk again, if you don't then anything you say is theoretical hearsay that your church taught you (NOT scripture).

No matter how many times you quote this verse. Nowhere does it say that the Holy Spirit inhabiting a person where that person cannot  have a demon at the same time? Have you ever seen in the Bible where a demon is wiped away or shooed away from a person? They are all cast OUT!

You forgot that if a demon speaks OUT of somebody that demon has to be INSIDE a person - see Peter, Apostles etc... you just don't want to see it, since it goes against what you want to believe. All you can do is to cling to this one verse that doesn't say anything to the contrary of what I just said. If it was true that nothing evil could come INTO a person when the Holy Spirit resides in them, they also would be UNABLE to sin or get any form of sickness, since then the Holy Spirit would "live" inside a body that also inhabits a form of evil or darkness (remember the scripture with the - part dark!) That was Jesus warning of not having darkness in there with the Light - He said it to believers! otherwise, if that was not possible then why even making that point?

By the way, we ONLY cast demons out of Christians (successfully now for many years) and make sure that they have accepted Jesus beforehand! And yes, they are really saved and spirit filled and or baptized (like Simon was in Acts!). Everything else is really futile, like I said before, one has to be repentive in that area in order to cast the demon out successfully and you can't do that if you are not saved/believe in Jesus, otherwise the demon has a right to that person (because of curses, sin) to be in that area it is in and it doesn't mean that that demon controls the whole person but only torments that part it has a right to (in soul or body) , the person still can worship God, pray etc.  The Holy spirit lives in your SPIRIT not in the body!!! the body is just the house of your spirit. It's separate. When you die you leave this body behind but your spirit goes on with the Holy Spirit. Your soul needs to be still redeemed, it is not saved, neither is your body, otherwise there would be no need to RENEW your MIND in Rom 12:2 and to be admonished to keep your body clean - so meaning it can be defiled. By what? The word 'defiled' is always in connection with an evil spirit. You defile your body by sinning, letting a demon INSIDE of you, which then brings darkness in your body and sickness and disease. It all works together like that.

The above is false, period.  God will never leave nor forsake us!  He will never allow a demonic power to enter into the temple of the Holy Spirit or into the heart or mind of His new creation, the saved man.  We are sealed by the Holy Spirit and no longer belong to ourselves, but belong fully and completely to God.  God will, in no way, allow Himself, being part of Christ Body, to be possessed by a demon, otherwise, He Himself would be possessed.

You are trying to find demons in the flesh, giving demons far too much credit when no credit can be made.  They cannot, and will never, possess a child of God.  They can only possessed the unsaved, so your teaching that one must become a Christian first is also false.

I don't know who the "We" are you speak of that cast demons out of Christians, but scripture is fully against your false doctrine.  You really need to get away from those who teach you such lies.