• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

"...who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,..."

So how would you explain this verse? Thanks.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

"...who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,..."

Yes, at the moment of being born-again, the Christian receives everything imaginable

(Righteousness, etc. Do I have to list them all?).

Now, please note that Paul was writing ONLY to the saints in Ephesus who are "FAITHFUL".

That is not talking to everyone, even back then!

He certainly is NOT writing to every church-pew sitter today!

Edited by Osterloh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

As we receive Jesus Christ, God comes and takes up residence by His Spirit in our human spirits., which become holy, consecrated places for Him to live. Along with His presence comes ALL his promises and promised blessings. It is for us to take hold of them! Every single thing He has for us is right there---healing, forgiveness, giftedness, power for living, and for doing His will---everything!

Osterloh: it is for the church pew-sitter, too, if he is saved. There are sadly many Christians who do not realize this simple truth and so they fall short of enjoying what God has for them in this life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Well I usually like to make it a general rule not to finish applying a passage context on a comma

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

So Father God blessed us in the heavenly places with every Spiritual blessing so that we might be holy and blameless, this accepted in the Beloved Son of God, Christ Jesus.

These blessing are not earthly blessing but heavenly blessings. I automatically think of the blessings we have received in Christ. we are born into the new nature, as we put on Christ nature that is forming us to reflect His image through the Holy Spirit who is working in us and through us. That work both edifies us and provide a light unto the world that is sourced in Christ. Therefore the work done in the Spirit is not our work but the Holy Spirits and this we are double blessed because we can render God's blessing unto a lost and dying world and receive the blessing of being moved in God through His Work by a simple act of obedience. The Spiritual blessings, unlike our temporal blessing on earth, which He also gives, are eternal because they are sourced in the Heart of God who commands His love toward us and through us. - Hallelujah! For it is the free gift of our generous, kind and very Good God, un-earnable since it by His grace alone.

In Christ, Pat

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Many of these blessings are listed in the rest of the chapter.  When we are in Christ, and He is in us, we have them because they are contained in the person of Christ.  Note the number of times it say IN HIM we have...     Slowly God enlightens us to see the truth of all the blessings we have in Christ.   

Not much response re: who's a FAITHFUL believer and who's not.

Does anyone agree with my assessment of Ephesians 1:1?

Edited by Osterloh

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Not much response re: who's a FAITHFUL believer and who's not.

Does anyone agree with my assessment of Ephesians 1:1?

Osterloh, maybe I'm missing something in this post, or it's carried on from another thread I have not seen..

What is 'your assessment of Ephesians 1:1' ?

Andy

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I think Paul was writing to all the saints, weak and strong, but certainly he wanted these saying committed to faithful men who abide in the Lord through thick and thin.

Colossians 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse:

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Timothy 2:2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

Revelation 2:10 “Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

But just as Christ abides in our weakness we minister to those weak in the faith.

Acts 20:35 "I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

Romans 14:1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.

1Corinthians 9:22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

2Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless,He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

In Christ, Pat

Osterloh, maybe I'm missing something in this post, or it's carried on from another thread I have not seen..

What is 'your assessment of Ephesians 1:1' ?

Andy

Andy, that's not possible ... people on Christians forums don't ever miss anything!

What you're missing is post #2.

Edited by Osterloh

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

I would understand it in the context of the whole sentence in which it is to be found, namely v3-14