IGNORED

I believe I have blasphemised the holy spirit.

gto5050

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i was a Christian my entire life, i loved god with all my heart. I loved him like he was the only being that loves me very much. I also loved Jesus, my savior, my father, and the one who saved m from hell and will always be there for me. But one day when i was reading about god over the internet i read about the unpardonable sin, blasphemy against the holy spirit. It says if i commit this sin, denying the holy spirit for a second, even for a second, i will never be forgiven. I then thought about that sin 24/7.Then once while i was in bed, i was fighting with my head and a demon was telling me deny the holy spirit for a second, it won't hurt. Then i denied the holy spirit for a second. When i came back to faith i felt my soul being sent straight to hell! I felt Jesus abandoning me like i just crossed the line. While worrying about this sin, i looked up this sin again, and read one page from the internet that says this

"Those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit are those who consciously and perhaps repeatedly reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and are not even be concerned about it." Source: https://www.raptureready.com/faq/faq307.html

I even read Jeremy Myer's book about why you have not committed the unpardonable sin, and my hope grew, but still wasn't 100% sure i was saved by Jesus Christ. I read his book, read his book, over and over again, but still was not convinced i did not commit this sin. This one pastor said blasphemy against the holy spirit is a lifetime commitment, and die remaining committed to this position, but a bunch of people said this is not true, that they say if you deny the holy spirit until you cannot hear his voice, then you have committed this sin, that that scared me so much.

Then I came up with the conclusion with my mind. I thought that if i still felt the holy spirit was inside of me, i can still be forgiven by the grace of the lord. But one day i wanted to sin, i wanted to commit this crime, i don't wanna go into further detail of this crime i wanted to commit, that if i actually commit this crime, i would feel better about myself, somehow. I turned into an evil spirit, the holy spirit told me not to do this but i wouldn't listen. Then one day i rejected the holy spirit and hold him to stop convincing me not to do this crime, and kicked him out of my heart. I felt so angry with him (I don't know why), but soon after i felt him leaving my heart. I felt my soul was black and empty, i went to Jesus and the holy spirit and tried to repent, and that i wanted the holy spirit back into my heart, but i just couldn't. I then went to this website, "http://www.benotconformed.org/unpardonable.htm",

It told me this,

"If you say to yourself, "There is nothing I can do to change what I have done, so I am going to live in sin and have all the fun I can in this life," you will make things much worse for yourself. Please, please do not do that. Don't turn against God. Instead, say to yourself, as Job did, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him." (Job 13:15a)

If you incapacitate yourself with worry or bitterness towards God, you will miss your chance to make things better in the afterlife. My counsel to you is to stop worrying about something you can't undo, and start living for God and your fellow man. Make your life count for good! Say to yourself, "If I have committed the unpardonable sin, there is nothing I can do to change that so I am going to quit worrying about it, and try my best to love God and serve Him anyway."

God will take notice of this. Perhaps one day, as you are trying to so good works for God, He will grant you the ability to repent again, and reveal to you that although you came very close, you did not actually commit this sin, so that you can find forgiveness. And even if it turns out that He cannot forgive you because you have actually committed the unpardonable sin, He will have much more mercy on you on Judgment Day than someone who did not serve Him at all, because all who stand before the God at the Great White Throne will judged by their works"

I Don"t know if Jesus still loves me anymore. I think i have gone way into sin that i cannot ever be forgiven. I maybe will never know if i have commited this sin or not. Also, it turned out, I NEVER COMMITTED THE CRIME IN THE FIRST PLACE! But I want to make things right with the lord and my family and restore all of this. I want to be forgiven by the lord and Jesus Christ, and I want the holy spirit back again, even though i sinned a bunch. What do you guys think? If I still turn to Jesus is there hope for me?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi gto5050

Satan is a liar John 8:44 "for he is a liar, and the father of it" his pride and joy is the Muslim faith They also are told to not deny their god for one moment or lose their (false) salvation  it is a favourite lie of his.

John 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life".Then John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me".. It is too easy to be caught up in the desires of the world and before you know it you have stopped following Jesus..and we have an adversary Eph 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". Their job is to entice us into the desires of the Flesh..

But God is long suffering Psalm 86:15 "But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth". Did You know the oldest man to ever have live was Methuselah whose name meant -" when he is dead it shall come"..Referring to the Flood God wanted the people to repent and they would have been Saved and He gave them all the time but they never repented and one day the door (of the Ark) was closed to them and  it was to late they left it too long..In Revelation The seven Churches are admonished  and are told to repent . God gives us as much time as He can to repent to turn your back on the world and satan But dont leave it too long 2Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night" .turn off the television once and for all, start reading the Bible and focus on pleasing God again Give Your Life To God.

Glory to God

Edited by countingsheep

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

In my book you are going to have to fight tooth and nail to get out of His grasp.  As long as you know you have done wrong and ask forgiveness you sin is forgiven.  However even under God grace does not give you a license to sin and do as you wish.  Hold tight to His Hands and just keep praising the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

The bible says God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. So if you are in fear, where is it coming from because it's not coming from God? Why is the enemy trying so hard to convince you of this, if you are already eternally lost? If you were already lost, the devil would leave you alone because you would already be his.  I'm not even going into the fact that, what you describe is not the unforgivable sin. I'll just say this, if you had committed the unforgivable you would not have any thoughts or concerns about God, much less longing for God. I will pray for you, and that you find peace over this. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The bible says God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. So if you are in fear, where is it coming from because it's not coming from God? Why is the enemy trying so hard to convince you of this, if you are already eternally lost? If you were already lost, the devil would leave you alone because you would already be his.  I'm not even going into the fact that, what you describe is not the unforgivable sin. I'll just say this, if you had committed the unforgivable you would not have any thoughts or concerns about God, much less longing for God. I will pray for you, and that you find peace over this. 

Well said Brother

Deut 4 :29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

31 (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them

Edited by countingsheep

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

blaspheming the holy spirit is throwing away the holy spirit after you have received it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Interesting article. This line stands out to me "This is because true repentance is only possible through the working of the Holy Spirit in one's heart."  Thats extremely interesting to me, because I never felt repentant thoughts till the first time I took Zyprexa around 2003. (a drug for schizophrenics)  I then started feeling really sorry for things I had done to others, to the point of tears. All I could think of before was wicked scheming and didn't really care who I screwed to get my way.

This thread has me wondering if i was really saved in 2012, or was I always saved and was merely out there to hit a wall like the prodigal son to come back to the father? Yet so much changed after I truly believed in Jesus and proffessed him in front of others. I stopped caring about the world and myself. I felt a natural desire to read the bible and I was able to. And understood it.  I felt like all at once I had the truth and the veil was lifted. No more conspiracies or mysteries, I had the truth right there. Thats how I felt.

I was at a forum the other day and two were debating did King David have the holy spirit. One posted a single bible verse, and the other said it was taken out of context, and then proceeded to write a page about how there was no way possible David had the holy spirit. The original poster never returned.

This got me interested.  Here is the verse the first poster posted.   Psalm 51:11 "Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me."     

But then in the book of Mark lets look at what Jesus said about that, Mark 12:35-36 "And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?

36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool"

That says David had the holy ghost, David wrote the book of Psalms, Psalm 110:1 "The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

This KJV also points to 2 Samuel 23:2 2 from Mark12:36, 2 Samuel 23:2 "The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue."    That reminds me of Samson Judges 14:6"And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done." Were these old testament men living in the flesh or the spirit?

David sinned, was he living in the spirit while he sinned? That was the argument the poster made. Yet Psalm 51:11, David was repentant and saying the same thing you are right now.

Edited by digitalinchrist

i was a Christian my entire life,

i loved god with all my heart.

I loved him like he was the only being that loves me very much.

I also loved Jesus, my savior, my father,

and the one who saved me from hell and will always be there for me.

But one day when i was reading about god over the internet

i read about the unpardonable sin, blasphemy against the holy spirit.

It says if i commit this sin, denying the holy spirit for a second, even for a second,

i will never be forgiven.

I then thought about that sin 24/7.

Then once while i was in bed,

i was fighting with my head

and a demon was telling me deny the holy spirit for a second, it won't hurt.

Then i denied the holy spirit for a second.

When i came back to faith i felt my soul being sent straight to hell!

I felt Jesus abandoning me like i just crossed the line. 

:thumbsup:

The Demons Lie

One day Jesus cast out a demon from a man who couldn’t speak, and when the demon was gone, the man began to speak. The crowds were amazed, but some of them said, “No wonder he can cast out demons. He gets his power from Satan, the prince of demons.”  Luke 11:14-15 (NLT)

For Jesus Does Not Have Butter Fingers

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, John 10:28 (NLT)

And The Holy Spirit Is Full Of Truth

“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. John 15:26 (ESV)

And Faith In Jesus Is Good

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.  Ephesians 2:8-9 (NLT)

It Is The Truth

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24 (NIV)

Jesus Saves

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” Romans 10:9-11 (NLT)

~

Believe

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (ESV)

Believe

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (ESV)

And Be Blessed Beloved

The Lord bless you and keep you;

the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;

the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

“So shall they put my name upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them.” Numbers 6:24-27 (ESV)

Love, Your Brother Joe 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

If you had committed the unforgivable sin, it would not bother you one bit and you would not spend your time worrying about it.  Seek to know His word and He who spoke it and leave all else behind.

Make your life count for good!

Say to yourself, "If I have committed the unpardonable sin, there is nothing I can do to change that so I am going to quit worrying about it, and try my best to love God and serve Him anyway."

God will take notice of this.

Perhaps one day, as you are trying to so good works for God, He will grant you the ability to repent again, and reveal to you that although you came very close, you did not actually commit this sin, so that you can find forgiveness.

And even if it turns out that He cannot forgive you because you have actually committed the unpardonable sin, He will have much more mercy on you on Judgment Day than someone who did not serve Him at all,

because all who stand before the God at the Great White Throne will judged by their works"

~

The Lie Straight From The Pit Of Hell

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

The Truth Straight From 

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Heaven Above

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood,

to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins

that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare,

I say,

at this time his righteousness:

that he might be just,

and the justifier

of him

which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then?

It is excluded.

By what law?

of works?

Nay:

but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:24-28