ollkiller

A question about God

75 posts in this topic

So here's my question. "If God exists then why dosen't he let people know he exists". I'm 35, never hugely religious, have read the bible when i was a young lad (i'm actually going to launch into it again in a few weeks) but have never felt that i know that God exists.

I have no problem with praising a creator but i have never felt the presence of God so i don't know who or what to praise. I  hope i'm not coming across as arrogant but i would like some sort of sign that he exists. Is this asking too much or is it too much to ask God to reveal himself to you. 

Edited by ollkiller

he let me know one night in the shower fighting with two demons that was not the least bit hard to believe in....   saved my sorry self   from great disaster.

btw i would not recommend trying to meet God on a personal level that way..

So here's my question. "If God exists then why dosen't he let people know he exists". I'm 35, never hugely religious, have read the bible when i was a young lad (i'm actually going to launch into it again in a few weeks) but have never felt that i know that God exists.

I have no problem with praising a creator but i have never felt the presence of God so i don't know who or what to praise. I  hope i'm not coming across as arrogant but i would like some sort of sign that he exists. Is this asking too much or is it too much to ask God to reveal himself to you. 

What if He did let you know He existed?  Then what?

What if He did let you know He existed?  Then what?

Well that's easy. For one it means everlasting life, who dosen't want that. It would also mean marrying my girlfriend of 13 years so we're not living in sin. The main thing would be that it would be nice to know my religious relatives who have died have gone to somewhere better. I cant see any downside to a God existing. 

Did he reveal himself to other people on this site or is it a faith thing or how did you come to believe.

:thumbsup:

Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Acts 17:22-28

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart" Jeremiah 29:13

That pretty much sums it up for me, that's when I found Him. I had to get so far away and so low to seek Him, but now I am so, so blessed. Thank You Jesus, amen.

Read, read and read. That's how I found Him and He blessed me with so much faith. It was a slow transition for me but He is so patient and so loving and I am more joy filled every day. I will pray for you.

I approached Him in faith and humility. Then He proved Himself to me. 

I approached Him in faith and humility. Then He proved Himself to me. 

When you say proved, was this in the sense that you felt his presence, or did he speak to you. Just wondering. Do people feel his presence spiritually or does it feel likes hes talking to you. Just curious.