Salty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Look through the Ezekiel 8 & 9 chapters and tell me if those events have ever been fulfilled.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

Salty what do you see ?. It has be fulfilling, do you understand it.

Ezek.9, God tells those angels to begin judgment at His house. Apostle Peter mentioned that too in connection with the time of Christ's second coming. So I do not see that as happened yet.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

God has marked his people when he brings down nations in the past such Daniel, Ezekiel, and others but notice this mark is of the heart not one you can see. If any one knew most would not take the other mark. Just saying your a Christian dont do it following Christ will but if our time is due its due. God will start in his own house so just guess where the trib or trouble times begin its the Christian nations He will get his house in order first. Salty look at this book very well to understand it. Notice the visions in first of the book planets and stars and thier orbits, now look at the temple at the end being the temple is in heaven the gates are the planets the altar is the sun. This like design is what old temple followed. Now one more thing then you can read it all over. Christ has said in the book of John that he has other fold, in Ezekiel he speaks of two Israels read it slowly i think its chapter 2 or 3 god speaks to Ezekiel about Israel then tells him to go to his people Israel. If you wish to understand these things read again dont forget to ask God to show you and study and look for it. He said he will show you if you ask.

The Book of Ezekiel was specifically written to the ten tribed "house of Israel", because that's who the "house of Israel" was in that time of Ezekiel's captivity. God made Ezekiel a prophet to the "house of Israel" He said. But it contains prophecy involving the "house of Judah" also, and all of Jacob's seed as a whole, and Gentiles in Christ also in final.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Salty..

Ezekial was re-settled in Babylon with other captives & he was warning the Jews in exile that Jerusalem would definitely be destroyed,,,,,,Jerusalem did in fact fall & the temple razed...he puts much emphasis on Gods Holiness with his description of the Glory of God leaving the Temple which at that time was  corrupted by the worship of pagan gods.The people thought the mere presence of the Temple would protect them in Jerusalem...Ezekial describes the idolatry taking place within the Temple,making it clear that God is not committed to defend any building or place that is corrupted by sin & wickedness.......His Presence is  with a people,which is his theme of hope from warning that Jerusalem was doomed

I think Ezekial(Jeremiahs counterpart)prophecies are two fold like many in the OT.......Fulfilled(departure of the Glory of God in the visible expression of His Presence in the Temple) & yet to come.......we have yet to see the restoration of the Jews to the Promised Land & the building of a magnificent new Temple(chapters 33-46)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Salty..

Ezekial was re-settled in Babylon with other captives & he was warning the Jews in exile that Jerusalem would definitely be destroyed,,,,,,Jerusalem did in fact fall & the temple razed...he puts much emphasis on Gods Holiness with his description of the Glory of God leaving the Temple which at that time was  corrupted by the worship of pagan gods.The people thought the mere presence of the Temple would protect them in Jerusalem...Ezekial describes the idolatry taking place within the Temple,making it clear that God is not committed to defend any building or place that is corrupted by sin & wickedness.......His Presence is  with a people,which is his theme of hope from warning that Jerusalem was doomed

I think Ezekial(Jeremiahs counterpart)prophecies are two fold like many in the OT.......Fulfilled(departure of the Glory of God in the visible expression of His Presence in the Temple) & yet to come.......we have yet to see the restoration of the Jews to the Promised Land & the building of a magnificent new Temple(chapters 33-46)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Please read this slowly, and carefully, and check me out in God's Word for yourself on this.

Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, had already... destroyed Jerusalem and the 1st temple prior to that vision God gave Ezekiel. So He was not showing Ezekiel a past event, but a still future event, one that is still future to us today.

Ezek.8:3-6

And He put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

Then said He unto me, "Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north." So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

He said furthermore unto me, "Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from My sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations."

What do you think that "image of jealousy in the entry" at the temple is about? It's about the "abomination of desolation" of the Book of Daniel, an idol abomination setup in false worship with a Jerusalem temple.

Something really important to note is who allows that "image of jealousy" to be setup there. It's the "house of Israel". When did the "house of Israel" ever do that in history with the temple? Never.

This is where one must know their Bible history about the term "house of Israel" per Ezekiel's time. Starting at 1 Kings 11-12, God divided old Israel into 2 separate kingdoms after Solomon's days, because of how Solomon fell away from Him. The ten tribes in the northern lands were given to Jeroboam of Ephraim and God made him king over the "house of Israel' with its capital city at Samaria in the north. But Solomon's son Rehoboam of the house of David remained as king over the southern kingdom of 2 tribes (Judah and Benjamin). The southern kingdom at Jerusalem then began to be called the "house of Judah" per God's Word. The northern kingdom (ten tribes) was also called "Israel" only after that event in many OT Scriptures (understood by the time and subject context).

The Jewish historian Josephus said the title of Jew began to be used only by those of the southern kingdom of Judah at Judea/Jerusalem, not by the ten tribes in the northern kingdom. That title is derived from the tribe of Judah. This is how Apostle Paul, who was born of the tribe of Benjamin, would also call himself a Jew, because Benjamin was joined with Judah in the southern kingdom. It's all there starting in 1 Kings 11.

By the time of 2 Kings 17, God had removed all the seed of the "house of Israel" captive to the land of Assyrian and the Medes. Only the southern kingdom of Judah was left in the holy land. Judah's captivity to Babylon came about 120 years later after the removal of the "house of Israel". So the "house of Israel" was captive a little farther north in Assyria and land of the Medes than Judah (Jews) was. And that's where Ezekiel was transported to when God told him to go to his brethren of the "house of Israel" (ten tribes).

This is a very, very important historical distinction, because the only example of history that was close to fitting the Daniel "abomination of desolation" idol prophecy was in 165 B.C. with what Antiochus IV did by desolating the 2nd temple and placing an idol to Zeus in it for false worship (per Josephus). That happened only... upon the Jews of the "house of Judah", not the ten tribes, because the ten lost tribes of the "house of Israel" had already... been scattered through the nations never to return by then. Josephus even said in his day (100 A.D.) the ten tribes were still scattered abroad, and were a great multitude, too many to be numbered.

Even in Ezekiel's time of captivity to Babylon, the majority of the "house of Judah" (Jews) would be scattered abroad too, like the ten tribes were. Only a small remnant of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and a few of Levi returned to Jerusalem after their 70 years Babylon captivity. You'll find that documented in Ezra 2 with the list of who all returned.

That's means it would be historically impossible for the ten tribes ("house of Israel") to commit that abomination which God gave to Ezekiel by vision. It's because to this day... our days, the ten tribes are still lost never having returned to the holy lands, nor joined back with the "house of Judah" (Jews). That is one of the subjects of Ezek.37 by the way, the gathering of both houses into one stick at Christ's coming.

This is why it's very important to study OT Bible history per God's Word. It takes time to grasp these historical distinctions in Scripture, but isn't God's Truth worth it? When God said He made Ezekiel a prophet to the "house of Israel", it means especially for the ten tribes of Israel that were separated from Judah (Jews) back many centuries ago, and scattered among the Gentiles. And if you realize what that means, it especially involves Messages to Christ's Church which lost ten tribe Israelites became part of, along with some of the scattered Jews also that have believed on our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Salty,,,,

I guess it would be safe to say that you really have not read what I said?....That is okay because I am not very interested in being told to read "slowly & carefully" your point of view & not having an opportunity for any discussion other than your interpretation

I am hoping not to sound disrespectful but I have tried in the past to participate with you and it was also a one sided conversation(or lesson being taught)                                                                         Have a good day in the Lord & God Bless you,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Blessings Salty,,,,

I guess it would be safe to say that you really have not read what I said?....That is okay because I am not very interested in being told to read "slowly & carefully" your point of view & not having an opportunity for any discussion other than your interpretation

I am hoping not to sound disrespectful but I have tried in the past to participate with you and it was also a one sided conversation(or lesson being taught)                                                                         Have a good day in the Lord & God Bless you,Kwik

very well put.

Blessings Salty,,,,

I was not intending to offend with what I wrote, because it does require a careful reading, for anyone. And I did read what you wrote.

The main reason I disagreed with you was because of the point about the "house of Israel" in the Ezek.8 vision. That means the ten tribes, but they were already scattered out... of the holy land by that time when Ezekiel was captive to Babylon. So the ten tribed "house of Israel" was not even there in Jerusalem in that time to be able to commit such acts in the temple. The 70 years captivity to Babylon did not... involve the ten tribes of Israel called the "house of Israel" in God's Word. The Babylon captivity was Judah's captivity to Babylon, including Benjamin and Levi, and they were known as the "house of Judah" in God's Word in that time of captivity.

So all this is NOT an interpretation. It is Bible history 101.

But since you apparently are not aware of this Bible history, and act like you don't care, then you can do with it whatever you want. But no one here can't say I least tried with you.