• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I remember reading about a huge underground cavern of water being found.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25723-massive-ocean-discovered-towards-earths-core.html#.U87kQEBA6B4

I have posted a list in a couple threads about things scientist and doctors

have learned but it was written in the Bible hundreds of years before they discovered it for themselves.

Im sure a lot of you have seen that list of things either by me or some else.

Last month when this came out I read it and set it aside.

Today as I was reading about Mt. Sinai in Exodus I came across this verse

Ex 20:4

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Just thought it was interesting.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Not sure how that relates to my post but thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

coheir, I didn't read your article so I'm not sure if you mean fresh water, but I'm assuming you mean fresh water. Fresh water almost always came from underground. Even in the OT we have Jacob's well that Moses fought off some nomads who didn't want Jacob's daughters to have it first. So of course there's water under ground.

Here's some interesting history. Even in Jesus time well water was getting polluted which is why Paul told Timothy to drink some wine for his stomach ailments. By about 1000 years later ground water in Europe and Asia was so bad most people drank wine and beer instead. The interesting thing I heard on the History channel, was when settlers came to America, they knew nothing about contaminated ground water. So the people continued to drink beer and wine instead of water. The sad thing is this was no longer necessary. The ground water in America was very safe 200+ years ago. But this was how so many Americans became alcoholics. In Europe and Asia the people couldn't safely drink much water. But in America they could. I'd actually say that even 40 years ago most ground water in America was safe. But in the last 40 years we've been polluting the planet, and that includes most of the ground water. Where I live the tap water has a nasty smell, but it didn't 40 years ago. We drank it out of the garden hose, and no one ever got sick.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25723-massive-ocean-discovered-towards-earths-core.html#.U87kQEBA6B4

Wonder if that was what Genesis was talking about

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up , and the windows of heaven were opened.

The fountains of the deep and the windows of heaven were also stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained.

In Christ, Pat

Edited by Macs Son

coheir, I didn't read your article so I'm not sure if you mean fresh water, but I'm assuming you mean fresh water. Fresh water almost always came from underground. Even in the OT we have Jacob's well that Moses fought off some nomads who didn't want Jacob's daughters to have it first. So of course there's water under ground.

Here's some interesting history. Even in Jesus time well water was getting polluted which is why Paul told Timothy to drink some wine for his stomach ailments. By about 1000 years later ground water in Europe and Asia was so bad most people drank wine and beer instead. The interesting thing I heard on the History channel, was when settlers came to America, they knew nothing about contaminated ground water. So the people continued to drink beer and wine instead of water. The sad thing is this was no longer necessary. The ground water in America was very safe 200+ years ago. But this was how so many Americans became alcoholics. In Europe and Asia the people couldn't safely drink much water. But in America they could. I'd actually say that even 40 years ago most ground water in America was safe. But in the last 40 years we've been polluting the planet, and that includes most of the ground water. Where I live the tap water has a nasty smell, but it didn't 40 years ago. We drank it out of the garden hose, and no one ever got sick.

Thanks for things I didnt know; very interesting. So the article is about scientist just now discovered a new pool of water other than what they new before. So I was trying to show that the bible used the phrase " water under earth"  long before they discovered this new pool of water underground. 

Wonder if that was what Genesis was talking about

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up , and the windows of heaven were opened.

The fountains of the deep and the windows of heaven were also stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained.

In Christ, Pat

Yes I think those two verses are saying, my thoughts; they ( scientist ) never knew of this under ground water until a month ago.I think last month, but it was written in the one true book long ago.

I just found it interesting that I ran across that verse that lined up with this new discovery

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It said it is as though the rocks are perforated with sweat, or I would think it is like a huge layer of wet sponge surrounding the molten core. Fascinating!

It said it is as though the rocks are perforated with sweat, or I would think it is like a huge layer of wet sponge surrounding the molten core. Fascinating!

I tried to find the original article and could not. It gave a little different description which sounded more like a huge cavern of water. In either description it is fascinating.