• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Do you think if someone does something bad to someone, that it will come back at them, or if someone did something good to someone will it come back at them.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Do you think if someone does something bad to some one, that it will come back at them, or if someone did something good to someone will it come back at them.

Galatians 6:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Do you think if someone does something bad to someone, that it will come back at them, or if someone did something good to someone will it come back at them.

It depends on whether there is repentance or not.

This sounds like you're talking about 'karma', but we Christians don't believe in Karma because it is a closed system where every debt has to be paid.

We have Jesus and Jesus is the only one who can write those debts off.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I've observed (in my personal life) that if a Christian does something bad to someone it does come back at them in one way or another, and that if they do something good for someone with a caring heart without expecting anything in return, they are blessed in one way or another.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I believe His will will be done, not in karma.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Bad or good you get rewarded.  In this life and in the next.  This is why when I do good deeds or go out of my way to do good I know it's like an investment that eventually shows up back up to me

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

The very basis of Christianity is that we get what we don't deserve, and don't get what we deserve.

We all deserve punishment for our sins. None of us deserve blessings. Based on our sins, we all deserve hell.  But, Jesus died for our sins, and for those who receive this free gift, gives us the best blessings, and we did not deserve, or could earn any of that. It is a gift from God.

As far as everyday occurences, we go thru times of trial, which God uses for our benefit.  

Romans 8:28

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

So, Christians don't get what we deserve, and we get what we don't deserve.  

Guest shiloh357

Sin has built-in consequences.   You reap what you sow in this life, generally speaking.    You don't have to be born into another existence to reap the consequences of sin.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Interestingly, the Bible does not say any such thing.  We are informed that God makes it rain on the good and the bad....we are not rewarded for being the good guy here.

I agree that we will reap what we sow because the Bible says that we do...

We are told to pray for those who use us and love our enemies....there is no reward system in place

We usually suffer the consequences of our sins...which is why God tells us to avoid sin...

basically in agreement with post 8, Qnts and Shiloh post 9

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've spent most of my life believing this, and trying to practice it. Not because Eastern religions call it Karma, but because it seems to be true. Go out of your way to do something good for a stranger, and very often some other stranger will do something good for you. Or steal something because it was an easy grab, and maybe a year or more later something will be taken from you. I can see it doesn't work on a preordained basis where if you always do good, nothing but good will come back to you. Sometimes I see people who do the most good, get the worst things back. So actually I have to agree with what Solomon says in Ecclesiastes. And I think all people over 21 should read Ecclesiastes. But I don't think they should have that knowledge while young. Kids need to taught what Cletus said, and that sin has consequences. And even though as an older man I can see where King Solomon was coming from, we have to remember his conclusion of the matter.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil.

Today we'd say Love God and keep His commandments. It is a better thing to obey God because you love the same things He does. But I have seen why the men of old said fear God. To be without God, whether here or elsewhere is a terrible thing. The only way to be certain of being with Him is to obey Him. And it's best to obey out of love.