Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I have some thoughts on the world's capital that I'd like some feedback on.  These thoughts are based on the seven headed, ten horned beast being a demon and the false prophet being a human aka Antichrist.

The ten horns of the seven-headed, ten-horned beast are described as such:

"The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour." Revelation 17:12.

What do they do during their short reign?

" And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire." Revelation 17:16

And who is this harlot that they destroy?

"The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” Revelation 17:18

There are some interesting observations to make here especially when you tie in the prophecy of the four beasts in Daniel 7:

The ten horns are not heads of state i.e. they have not yet received a kingdom.
    The ten horns have acquired weapons of mass destruction because they are capable of destroying an entire city with fire.
    A world government is already in place when the ten horns have their short moment of glory. I say that because there's a world capital, a city that reigns over the kings of the earth.

Bring in what we know from Daniel 7 and we can also add the following observations:

A small horn comes up among the ten horns and uproots (subdues) three of them. Daniel 7:8
    The small horn becomes larger (more powerful) than the other horns after he subdues the three. Daniel 7:20

Based on this, I think its reasonable to conclude the following:

The ten horns work behind the scenes to gain control of the world. At some point, they announce their takeover and destroy the world's capital. Shortly thereafter, the false prophet nullifies their authority. That doesn't sit well with them and three of them bring forces to bear against him. He subdues them.

Knowing that there is an economic aspect to the end times, i.e. the mark required to buy and sell, the takeover by the ten horns will likely be a takeover of the world's economies. This would explain how ten "non heads of state" could control the world and how their authority could easily be usurped by one person.

The world's capital is described as:

And he said to me, “The waters which you saw where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues." Revelation 17:15

"'for in one hour such great wealth has been laid waste!’ And every shipmaster and every passenger and sailor, and as many as make their living by the sea, stood at a distance, and were crying out as they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, ‘What city is like the great city?’" Revelation 18:17-18

Based on these verses, the world's capital is a port city that appears to be a melting pot of sorts.

I've been considering the notion that the final world government starts off as the feet of iron and clay in the prophecy of the great statue in Daniel 2, an imagery that could easily describe the current U.N. which would make the world's capital New York City.  Thoughts?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I've been considering the notion that the final world government starts off as the feet of iron and clay in the prophecy of the great statue in Daniel 2, an imagery that could easily describe the current U.N. which would make the world's capital New York City.  Thoughts?

I believe Rev 17:18 defines this capital, using the present tense.   It says this is the city that rules over the kings of the land. This was written when Rome ruled over kings.  I believe we need look no further than Rome.  I go a bit further and define this "city"  as currently Papal Rome and its domain of Europe. Thus it can be seen as Papal Europe with its dominant world trade, and its EU/Papal alliance. 

The ten horns are ten Middle Eastern countries that will arise in a new Turkish Union. 

I believe Rev 17:18 defines this capital, using the present tense.   It says this is the city that rules over the kings of the land. This was written when Rome ruled over kings.  I believe we need look no further than Rome.  I go a bit further and define this "city"  as currently Papal Rome and its domain of Europe. Thus it can be seen as Papal Europe with its dominant world trade, and its EU/Papal alliance. 

The ten horns are ten Middle Eastern countries that will arise in a new Turkish Union. 

It uses the present tense in a future context.  Rev 17:17 says of the ten horns: For God has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose.  Did that happen in the first century?  I see it as relative to the context of a future event.

Concerning Rome...

Why are there two different prophecies in Daniel that talk about the same thing? I believe its because they have a different emphasis. The great statue seems to emphasize more the physical nature of the kingdoms by the materials used to describe them and their succession. The prophecy of the four beasts is more from the perspective of the demonic influence used to grant dominion to the kingdoms. Let me explain: the fourth kingdom in the great statue is seen as two separate and distinct things, legs of iron, and feet of an iron and clay mix. The fourth kingdom in Daniel 7 is seen as one beast. From a natural standpoint, the legs of iron can only be seen as a separate kingdom from the feet of iron and clay. The reason they are described as the fourth kingdom and not the fourth and fifth kingdoms is because they both come into existence as a result of the fourth beast in Daniel 7.  Geography is not a factor.  The common denominator is their origin, the demonic prince.  The "legs of iron" was largely European. The "feet of iron and clay" will be global. The feet of iron and clay depict a conglomerate of nations. This group of nations undergoes a transformation when the ten horns destroy it's headquarters, the city which reigns over the kings of the earth. That's why I don't think Rome plays a major role.

Concerning Papal Rome/Europe...

I've seen a lot of people trying to pin the "Babylon" tail on the "Catholic" donkey. They should think more "big picture". Its my understanding that the term "Babylon" is used to describe rebellion against God, or practicing ungodliness. The tower of Babel was built in order to keep from being scattered when God said to fill the earth. God came down and saw what they had built, confused their language, and they were scattered. Its believed that the tower of Babel was used as a center of all kinds of ungodliness. Years later Babylon likewise gained a reputation as a center of great ungodliness and the term "Babylon" became an easy reference for such a city. Referring to a city allegorically isn't uncommon as in Revelation 11:8.  Peter also did it in a likely reference to Rome in 1 Peter 5:13.  I know there are many interpretations of Mystery Babylon. Whatever your understanding, make sure it includes this: "And in her [babylon] was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.” Revelation 18:24

I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion of:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Watch to see where they move the UN headquarters to. If they move it.

I completely agree that there will be an Islamic Union at the forefront of world politics, except where we disagree is that I believe it will be a west-friendly  Jew-friendly Union set up by the west. You Americans seem to be completely unaware how absolutely dominant you are in world politics. Any Islamic country that ever dares to compete .. can be snuffed out in a week.

While your media and your mega-preachers feed you images of the rising Islamic beast, your own hard earned tax dollars are currently creating a west-friendly beast empire.

I agree.  The U.N. / NYC consideration is based on the assumption that we are quite close to a seven year agreement.  I think the "model" still applies and that the 10 horns will manipulate it to achieve an economic infrastructure whereby they control the world's finances.  Then they no longer have need of it so they destroy its capital, wherever it is, to demonstrate that they are now in control.

Edited by Last Daze

I completely agree that there will be an Islamic Union at the forefront of world politics, except where we disagree is that I believe it will be a west-friendly  Jew-friendly Union set up by the west. You Americans seem to be completely unaware how absolutely dominant you are in world politics. Any Islamic country that ever dares to compete .. can be snuffed out in a week.

While your media and your mega-preachers feed you images of the rising Islamic beast, your own hard earned tax dollars are currently creating a west-friendly beast empire.

Thanks for the perspective.  Its always good to hear how someone outside the country sees things.  I've been thinking about the role of Islam in the end times, what it might be.  This may be a long shot but...after the false prophet (antichrist) issues the "worship the image or die" ultimatum there are going to be a lot (millions in my estimation) of people around the world who are going to be beheaded (per the fifth seal).  I can just hear the false prophet asking if there are any volunteers to behead these infidels?  To which he gets a resounding, "That's what we do best!".  Of course, that's speculation, but the task is going to fall to someone.

I guess we'll see as things unfold.

I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion of:

Daniel 2 says the Iron Empire (Rome) will be split into two feet when it becomes a "divided" empire.  History says that at the fall of Rome, the Roman empire split into two parts, Papal Europe in the west, and Byzantium (later Ottoman) Istanbul in the east.   These two feet are prophesied to continue to dominate right until the feet are destroyed.   You could say that these two feet represent the West, and Turkey... ie in modern days its the current NATO alliance. 

Now in the times that this final ten toes beast is set up according to Revelation 13, the beast will resemble the leopard. The leopard was Alexander's Greek  Empire.  So if we look at the countries that resemble the borders of the Greek Empire, we see that these ten countries include Turkey. 

So if Turkey is prophesied to be one of the two Roman powers that dominate, and Turkey will be part of a greater union, the natural assumption is that Turkey will lead that union if it is to retain the role of one of the two dominating "feet" of Rome.

Combine this with modern politics, where you see that the west is eliminating all competition in the Islamic world until Turkey is the sole remaining Islamic superpower. Add to this the rhetoric of Adnan Oktar, a leading Islamic religious figure who is promoting a Turkish Union to bring world peace between Islam,  Jews and Christians ... and everything looks like we are heading there rapidly.

Thanks for the perspective.  Its always good to hear how someone outside the country sees things.  I've been thinking about the role of Islam in the end times, what it might be.  This may be a long shot but...after the false prophet (antichrist) issues the "worship the image or die" ultimatum there are going to be a lot (millions in my estimation) of people around the world who are going to be beheaded (per the fifth seal).  I can just hear the false prophet asking if there are any volunteers to behead these infidels?  To which he gets a resounding, "That's what we do best!".  Of course, that's speculation, but the task is going to fall to someone.

I guess we'll see as things unfold.

Thanks for being open.  I am in a relatively difficult position on these websites because of course most of the English speaking world falls under western politics and western media. So I find myself often being the lone voice, but if I knew another language I would find more sympathy for my views.   The "conspiracy" or "Illuminati" crowd often do see how the west will dominate Islam, instead of the other way around, so I do find agreement amongst them.

Daniel 2 says the Iron Empire (Rome) will be split into two feet when it becomes a "divided" empire.  History says that at the fall of Rome, the Roman empire split into two parts, Papal Europe in the west, and Byzantium (later Ottoman) Istanbul in the east.   These two feet are prophesied to continue to dominate right until the feet are destroyed.   You could say that these two feet represent the West, and Turkey... ie in modern days its the current NATO alliance. 

Now in the times that this final ten toes beast is set up according to Revelation 13, the beast will resemble the leopard. The leopard was Alexander's Greek  Empire.  So if we look at the countries that resemble the borders of the Greek Empire, we see that these ten countries include Turkey. 

So if Turkey is prophesied to be one of the two Roman powers that dominate, and Turkey will be part of a greater union, the natural assumption is that Turkey will lead that union if it is to retain the role of one of the two dominating "feet" of Rome.

Combine this with modern politics, where you see that the west is eliminating all competition in the Islamic world until Turkey is the sole remaining Islamic superpower. Add to this the rhetoric of Adnan Oktar, a leading Islamic religious figure who is promoting a Turkish Union to bring world peace between Islam,  Jews and Christians ... and everything looks like we are heading there rapidly.

I guess that I don't see how any group of nations can qualify for the 10 horns based on the description of them in the original post, primarily, "The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour." Revelation 17:12.

I see it more as a covert group of 10 that are associated with nations or nation groups that plan to rule economically.  Their reign is short due to the false prophet usurping their authority.