Septim

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have a very simple question: Am I condemned to hell?

Now let me give you some information.  I grew up in church (I realize that this isn't entirely relevant) and accepted Christ's gift at an early age.  I followed him and now I don't. Not entirely, anyway. I do what is required of me albeit very unhappily. I still choose to accept this gift despite the fact that I would prefer another option. I don't want to go to heaven, but I don't want to be cast into hell more. So I ask again, Am I condemned to hell anyway?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I moved your question to a more appropriate forum. I also changed you to seeker, which is due to your admittance of not sure what the truth is or even your future in Him.

Guest shiloh357

Now let me give you some information.  I grew up in church (I realize that this isn't entirely relevant) and accepted Christ's gift at an early age.  I followed him and now I don't. Not entirely, anyway. I do what is required of me albeit very unhappily. I still choose to accept this gift despite the fact that I would prefer another option. I don't want to go to heaven, but I don't want to be cast into hell more. So I ask again, Am I condemned to hell anyway?

Can you elaborate more on what you think it means to "accept Christ's gift?"   What does that mean to you?

You say you used to follow Him (I am assuming that "Him" means Jesus).  What exactly did you do that you think qualifies as following Him?

And why don't you want to go to heaven?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

I have heard more people say that they are going to hell or don't care if they go to hell because their friends are there yet have a great fear of death. They cannot explain why yet will not listen to the amazing things that God has prepared for  those who love Him. Why is it that you do not care if you go to eternal damnation and total separation from love but will willingly endure total separation and eternal darkness? Is love not something that  is in your life? God will provide it if you turn to Him. God truly is 'Love so amazing' that does demand your soul but in its place leaves total peace and contentment.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

Have your sins washed clean in the blood of the lamb, and are you living for him? Only you can answer those questions, but if your answer is 'no' that means you are not yet saved! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

My dad once told me. I can guarantee you that you would not want to come back to earth after going to heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

If you are not sure that you have been saved, then you more than likely haven't been. If you have been saved, you would know it. Just saying at some point in your life that you want to be a Christian doesn't make you one.

Like others have said, you really haven't given enough information and only you can really know the answer to this. We can only help guide you through The Word and the Holy Spirit.

Believe me, you do want to go to Heaven. The only other option is Hell which is not where you want to be.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trueTHAT

I understand what You mean Septim about not wanting to go to heaven neither wanting to Go to hell. But things arent as simple or difficulty as They seem. Deep inside your still inquiring but what you have Witness hasnt given You much Place that Heaven is all that Good. Well Heaven supposedly be better then Earth, but hell isnt as bad as many make it out to seem, nor is as they make it out to be. It is a total different institution then what Christianity has been teaching.

I dont Want to say to much, but If your truelly have the best Interrest for yourself in mind [ie. imagin God having a better interrest in heart for you]

Do the best you can with the measure your given, let it slowly come to you, put ur emphasis on now, doing good without worryn about where Your end up, Cuz who knows what will Happen.

Direct your Question on that

Edited by trueTHAT

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Something that I have heard since my rebirth 'til present times is this, 'a lost person doesn't wonder if they are going to hell'. Thusly, if you are concerned more than a little of being separated from Christ and cast into the Lake of Fire, as the belief goes, then it is a good sign you ARE saved. I don't know how much truth is in that.

Personally, I have feared of condemnation, a big percentage of my Christian Life, but now all that fear has melted away by truth.

I hope to be given something else shortly.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi brother Septim,

Hopefully, you are still around to find out that you are still saved, but just not abiding in Him as His disciple to be received as a vessel unto honour in His House to attend the Marriage Supper at the pre tribulational rapture event.

If you read the verses below; an example was given about how a believer can err from the truth by a lie and have their faith overthrown, but do note the following verses of that reality in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So the call here is that for all former believers to look to Jesus for help in discerning the truth of those things that turned you away.  The desire for His disciples to correct believers that have gone astray is for those astray to be restored to the faith so as to obtain the "eternal glory" that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus which is to be a vessel unto honour in His House.

As it is, God is coming to judge His House first ( 1 Peter 4:17-19 KJV only ) and I can trust the faithful Creator in the keeping of those souls of those saints left behind for not looking to the author & finisher of our faith to depart from iniquity thus they are to suffer as castaways to witness the coming great tribulation. ( Hebrews 12:1-2 & 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 )

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Any work that denies Him, saved believers as well as former believers will be denied, but even though they no longer believe, He still abides in them as promised for all those that come to & believed in Jesus Christ; even in His name.  John 1:12-13

Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

So what are you doing that you believe you should do but unhappily?

And what is it that you are doing that you know it is not as a believer should be doing when following Him?

Maybe your question should be:  "What so great about Heaven?"

God is good and anything apart from God is not good.  Sin is driving us away from all that is God and good to a place that is not.

The vessel unto honour will be like the angels in Heaven;  neither marrying nor given in marriage.  I see that as having the ability to fly.

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Plus the elect can die no more.  This being a Worthy Christian Fourm, it should should be ironic that being His disciples by His grace & by His help is how one can be worthy to obtain that first fruit of the resurrection.  It is significant because vessels unto honour in His House are of gold and silver whereas the vessels unto dishonour are of earth and wood.  It is telltaling because those coming out of the great tribulation for being left behind will become kings and priests for the milleniel reign of Christ.  That would mean second best inheritance that would require them to marry in being leaders by example & where the second death has no power meaning they cannot be cast into the lake of fire, but the first death, physical death can still touch them, even though Jesus can still bring them back to life.  Eventually after the milleniel reign of Christ and after the defeat of Satan in his last staged rebellion, death and hades will be cast into the lake of fire which is the second death and then those vessels unto dishonour will be free from the first death ever touching them.

There is also that inheritance in New Jerusalem which is that City of God that will come down with her inhabitants as Jesus had referred to that as our Father's mansion.  People that add to the book of Revelations will get the plagues mentioned in the book which means they will be left behind to go through the great tribulation and those that take away the words of the book of Revelation, they will have their "part" not their "name", but their "part" which is their portion or place out of the city of God, thus also indicative of going through the great tribulation as well.  Also, seeing how Jesus can go through walls wherein we will be like Him, also suggest other superpowers at our disposals than what we deem as angels for having.  So between the two eternal inheritance, which one do you want?  Do remember that those left behind will be weeping and gnashing their teeth which is why God had to perform a miracle in wiping the tears from their eyes to get past that loss of their first inheritance of all those resurrected saints coming out of the great tribulation so that loss will be keenly felt because that kind of inheritance can never be offered again.  This is why I trust Him as my Good Shepherd to help me abide in Him & His words as kept in the KJV in living as His disciples by His grace & by His help to be ready to go when the Bridegroom comes, and why I hope you will bring your problems to Jesus to help you with whatever it is that is turning you away from Him because you are saved regardless, but you should consider what it is you may be giving up for not leaning on Him in following Him.