Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Septim

Question

43 posts in this topic

I could technically be called a Christian, but that wouldn't be entirely correct. My relationship would really be better described as slave/master. I do what I must albeit begrudgingly and I still accept the gift of Christ despite that I would prefer another option.

So, I am  condemned to hell?

Sounds to me like if you prefer another option that you aren't satisfied with your current status with God. Maybe you need to seek Him more completely within your spirit because being a Christian shouldn't feel like an obligation but rather like a joyful privilege?

I would try to work through whatever it is that has you feeling begrudged...

No one knows your fate except God.

I could technically be called a Christian, but that wouldn't be entirely correct. My relationship would really be better described as slave/master. I do what I must albeit begrudgingly and I still accept the gift of Christ despite that I would prefer another option.

You sound like C.S. Lewis

Hi Septim

John 15:15 "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

Doesn't sound like you willingly and Humbly and Joyfully accepted Jesus Christ into your life as Your personal Saviour? so You were probably brought up in a "christian" household and just thought that is what being a christian is all about...Have You ever even been curious in knowing Jesus? or even wanted to know why He was crucified for You... and this is the best thanks You can give Him..

Can you discribe your relationship more?. Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit so that He leads you and speaks to you? Or are you trying your best to obey the commandments so you will be good enough to go to heaven?

~

So,

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Are You Happy?

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Really?

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

I apologize for being unclear. No, I am not attempting to be good enough to merit heaven. I realize that this is impossible. I have begrudgingly accepted the gift of salvation because I have not other choice. In addition, while I did grow up in a christian home, I am not confused or unclear about what a christian is. 

Edited by Septim

Given what you know of Christianity, since you say you accept the gift of Christ, what is the other preferred option that you mention?

Well, if you think that's relevant: death, pure and simple. To know that when my life ends, it actually ends.However, since that isn't an option, I'm taking the better of the two available.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0