• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I know people say that you don't have to be baptized to get to heaven, but the book of John says diffrent. It says John 3:5  no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the spirit. (NIV Bible Version)

I know people say that you don't have to be baptized to get to heaven,

but the book of John says different.

It says

John 3:5  no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the spirit. (NIV Bible Version)

:thumbsup:

The Book Of John, NIV Bible Version

Water

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.John 3:5-6 (NIV)

Spirit

You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

The wind blows wherever it pleases.

You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.

So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” John 3:7-8 (NIV)

And The Words Of Jesus

The Spirit gives life;

the flesh counts for nothing.

The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life. John 6:63 (NIV)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

Being born of water is the natural birth. When you are born from your mother. When you are born of "spirit" is when you accept Christ.

Also keep in mind, the word "baptize" comes from the Greek word baptizo which means to be totally immersed. By itself it has no meaning with water. You can be baptized in the Holy Spirit, in water, in fire, your work, or whatever. So, each time Jesus uses the word baptize, or baptizo, he isn't necessarily talking about with water.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

No one is saying not to be baptized. But we are told that it is by grace that your are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves. It is a gift of God , not of works, so that no one can boast. Eph. 2

After we turn away from sin and look to Christ to forgive us, He leads us to start doing things that befit repentance. We tell others, we read the Bible, we are baptized and do other such things that are produced by our faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

No one is saying not to be baptized. But we are told that it is by grace that your are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves. It is a gift of God , not of works, so that no one can boast. Eph. 2

After we turn away from sin and look to Christ to forgive us, He leads us to start doing things that befit repentance. We tell others, we read the Bible, we are baptized and do other such things that are produced by our faith.

Yes, but Jesus told us to be baptized and if we refuse when we have had the change, I would think it would be a definate example of us not having him as our Lord for we were not following his requests/demands.

Yes, but Jesus told us to be baptized and if we refuse when we have had the change, I would think it would be a definate example of us not having him as our Lord for we were not following his requests/demands.

So do you think that people who do not read the Bible every day or at least on a regular bases is an example of not having Him as Lord?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

The answer to your question:

1 John 5:8New King James Version (NKJV) And there are three that bear witness on earth:[a] the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I know people say that you don't have to be baptized to get to heaven, but the book of John says diffrent. It says John 3:5  no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the spirit. (NIV Bible Version)

That passage doesn't refer to baptism in any way. Jesus is teaching there about how we all have a natural birth and so we must experience a spiritual rebirth. Christians who are not water baptized have still experienced the new birth in Christ BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH--and not through any such works, and have been adopted into the family of God, and heaven is their home.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Water is for washing and one must wash away the filth by the water of the Word. The true baptism is of the Spirit. We are made to drink into one Spirit and emmersed in Him. No one can know Him lest He come in unto them and know them. Adam knew his wife and she had a son. Paul showed us a mystery concerning Christ and his bride. Is He in you and you in Him?

Baptism

Ba - common and unclean like Ba'al who is The Ba

P - to make small as in pea

T - finishing or the crossing of

Ism - suffix mmeaning that which pertains to or is of in noun form

Baptism is the act of removing Ba'al from ones life in exchange for Christ as King. It is NOT the putting away of the filth of the flesh by taking a bath. Although bath is truly of the same root ba + th which means out of ba.

I have had a water baptism. I have been baptized by the Spirit. I have spoken by the Spirit and witnessed the proof that that which is said by the Holy Spirit cannot be made void but must come to pass.

Prove all things. Hold fast to that which ia true.

Peace.