tigger398

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No one is saying not to be baptized. But we are told that it is by grace that your are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves. It is a gift of God , not of works, so that no one can boast. Eph. 2

After we turn away from sin and look to Christ to forgive us, He leads us to start doing things that befit repentance. We tell others, we read the Bible, we are baptized and do other such things that are produced by our faith.

Yes, but Jesus told us to be baptized and if we refuse when we have had the change, I would think it would be a definate example of us not having him as our Lord for we were not following his requests/demands.

Or maybe they had a good reason for not getting water baptized.  For example, people turning it into a circumcision.  Being baptized does not define whether or not someone is saved, their faith in the lord jesus is what matters.  

While I can't disagree with that on the surface, I don't believe one can be saved without having Jesus as thier Lord......   and when you don't do the things your Lord tells you, something is wrong...    having faith in the Lord Jesus does matter......   but too many people tend to want to leave out that Lord part.