IGNORED

Where is the Body of Christ in the Millennium?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Salty,

Regarding `death,` `For He (Christ) must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.` (1 Cor. 15: 25 & 26) This is obviously after the Lord has dealt with the nations at the end of the Millennium when fire comes down from heaven & they are consumed - they die.

Thank you again all, & I will get back to discussing the New Jerusalem. Meanwhile can you find any scriptures that say that we the Body of Christ will go to the New Jerusalem?

That part of 1 Cor.15 is indeed of the time of Christ's future thousand years reign. As long as the "second death" casting into the "lake of fire" is still awaiting, then the concept of 'death' is not destroyed yet. But notice Rev.20:14-15 reveals that happening at the same time as the wicked go into that lake of fire, experiencing the "second death".

That's why I say one's spirit/soul cannot experience the first death (death of the flesh) anymore after Christ's coming. One's spirit/soul can only be subject to that "second death" after the thousand years. And we know those of the "first resurrection" who reign with Christ in that time are not subject to the "second death" at all.

Once again, I mentioned this matter within Apostle Paul's teaching of 1 Cor.15:53 with the four different words in the Greek NT manuscripts, for each word is different.

1 Cor.15:53

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

"corruptible" = flesh body

"incorruption" = the "spiritual body" Paul taught there. It is a heavenly 'body' type for a mortal soul/spirit.

"this mortal" = a liable to die mortal soul/spirit - those still subject to the "second death" for the thousand years.

"immortality" = only those of the "first resurrection" unto Eternal Life through Christ Jesus, deathlessness.

By that Paul showed the 'unjust' will bear the "image of heavenly" just as they bore "the image of the earthy" during this present world time. It's because the body of incorruption is only about a type 'body'. It is not the soul part, the "this mortal" part. The "this mortal" part is about the souls of those that will still be subject to the "second death". Those souls will not put on "immortality" through Christ, unless... they convert to Christ during the thousand years.

This is how the "dead" will be raised to the "resurrection of damnation" at Christ's coming, as per the John 5:28-29 Scripture. It is why Apostle Paul also had the 'hope' that there would be a resurrection also of the 'unjust' per Acts 15:

Acts 15:24

15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Why would Apostle Paul declare that "hope" that the "unjust" would also be resurrected? Just to be cast into the lake of fire at the Judgment??? No! Paul's hope was so that at least some of them might come to the Faith on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ. Well, when is that opportunity for those after... Christ's second coming?? ONLY during His thousand years reign.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Hi OneLight,

You are right about not limiting the `comings & goings` of the 144,000 as it were, just stuck on a Mount. I didn`t mean that, though of course it would have come across like that. In Hebrews 12: 22 we are told that My Zion (third heaven) is where the New Jerusalem is. I believe that is the address of the 144,000 Israeli priests, & designate the authority they will have.

I was under the impression that we were discussing the earthly ministry the 144,000 will do, not the New Jerusalem. Still, looking at the New Jerusalem, we find who will occupy this perfect city.

Hebrew 12:22-24

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi OneLight,

Oh, sorry we were not on the same page there. I see the 144,000 Israeli Priests, on Mount Zion in the heavenly realm (Rev. 14: 1)

As to the scripture in Hebrews 12: 22 - 24 I see it as a list of groups of people, (church, righteous / just men) angels, Jesus, God, & the city, (the New Jerusalem).

1. Mount Zion (heavenly) & the city,  - the New Jerusalem.

2. Myriads of angels.

3. General Assembly - church (Body of Christ)

4. God,

5. Spirits of righteous men made perfect.

6. Jesus.

Now I do not see all of those housed in the New Jerusalem.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Amazing Spock,

You really do well. :41: Now is that over the `new earth,` or the old one in the Millennium?

Now that per your own standards could be construed as getting off the thread's topic of where is the body of Christ in the Millennium. That instead is the topic of what earth age is the Millennium.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

He is reigning with the firstfruits (144,000) and as many new covenant saints that have entered eternal life through the first resurrection.

The risen lord is already sitting on the throne of David. Daniel 2:44 puts this heavenly kingdom at the time of the first century kings.

Hi Defending the Name,

The risen, exalted, glorified Lord is king in many realms & through out all ages. He is not just King of Israel. For example -  Australia has a queen over it but she does not live there. Her authority is in that country but she personally lives in England. Christ`s authority will be delegated to different groups in different realms. 

Hi Defending the Name,

The risen, exalted, glorified Lord is king in many realms & through out all ages. He is not just King of Israel. For example - Australia has a queen over it but she does not live there. Her authority is in that country but she personally lives in England. Christ`s authority will be delegated to different groups in different realms.

Christ does not delegate because His heavenly kingdom is a monarchy and he is the Monarch.

Read Daniel 2:44 his kingdom is not left to others to run, because he runs it directly as the Monarch. His kingdom is not a Republic and not a Democracy. We don't chose Christ for he chooses us to be part of his heavenly kingdom.

Edited by Defending the Name

Hi Defending the Name,

Actually Christ does delegate rulership in each realm, under Himself, for that is the eternal purpose of God to have all things under Christ`s rulership. (1 Cor. 15: 25) We know each realm has been subject to rebellion & sin & Christ will put down all authority in every realm, not just the earth & He will place authorities in those realms to rule & reign with Him.

But Christ`s seat of Power will always be in the third heaven which is the eternal throne of God.

On earth Israel will rule the nations with `David their  king,` (Jer. 30: 9)

In the New Jerusalem there will be rulers under Christ. (Rev. 21 & 22)

In the third heaven, there will also be rulers, the Body of Christ to rule & reign with Christ. (Rev. 3: 21)

Are you saying that the is reign in three realms like:

1) earth

2) New Jerusalem

3) third heaven

This is very concerning to me, I don't know why there should be three realms that Christ would reign in. Scripture talks of the kingdom that shall never be destroyed (Daniel 2:44). I would not place hope on things of this earth to exist permanently.

Matthew 6

19“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Jesus always played down the things of this world and never placed importance on an earthly rule. If that was the case then he would have overthrown the Romans and ruled right there and then. Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world and before he left he said the prince of this world has nothing in me, meaning satan is ruling on earth and Jesus has nothing to do with his earthly dominion.

So when scripture talks of the old earth and old heaven passing away and Christ sitting on the white throne, when all things are put under his feet, it literally means that all earthly kings will be no more.

What Revelation of John shows is New Jerusalem coming out of God from heaven, so this kingdom is originated from heaven and not earth.

There seems to be an agenda to have Jesus reign on earth, I don't really think that he is going to appease Israel nation. I think that Israel as a nation today are facing the same ultimatum the men of Nineveh faced, when God told Jonah to tell them to repent otherwise I will destroy them. This destruction that happens to all earthly nations is literal which is physical and also spiritual to the peoples of that nation.

I belief that the nations Israel today faces that same judgement that was at the door steps of the men of Nineveh. Jesus isn't coming to reign on earth, he is coming to destroy it and all the wicked who have waged war against him throughout the centuries. The only way that they are to be saved as a nation if they listen and repent just as the men of Nineveh repented and die for the name of The Lord and if Christ does so choose he will raise them after death, one by one and not as a nation but as saved individuals.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Is not God omnipresence?  Does He not exist everywhere all the time?  What is so difficult to see that Jesus can be in more than one place at a time?  It seems you are still thinking Jesus is a man in human form.