Temple Institute Raises Funds for Draft Plans for 3rd Temple

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I might be tempted to give toward such a fund... once they secured the lot of land they intended to build on.

Haha!

Edited by Persuaded

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

No we should not support the building of a new temple on a temple mount. However according to scripture a new temple on the temple mount must be built before Christ returns.

2 Thess. 2:1-4 "Now brethren, concerning the coming of our LORD Jesus Christ and OUR GATHERING TOGATHER UNTO HIM, we ask you not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as from us as though the day of Christ had come. Let no man deceive you by any means; For that day shall not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or worshipped, SO THAT HE SITS IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD SHOWING HIMSELF THAT HE IS GOD".

By these scriptures we know that before the return of Christ to resurrect us from the grave there will be a falling away which is speaking of a large number Christians who will "suddenly be departing from the faith", the antichrist will be here on the earth and revealed for who and what he is to us.

In order for the antichrist to sit in the temple of God there must be a temple of God for him to sit in. So because of these scriptures we know that Jesus will not be returning until after there is a new temple on the temple mount and not until AFTER the antichrist come to earth.

WHICH PUTS THE WHOLE IDEA OF A PRE TRIBULATION, PRE ANTICHRIST RESSURECTION IN THE PLACE WHERE IS BELONGS. Which is in the garbage can where false, man made, doctrinal beliefs belong,

God does support such things because He prophesied to us that it was going to happen and he will be working behind the scenes to bring this about because He is in control and a new temple on the temple mount is part of His plan for men.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I'm confused. Why does it say something like the messiah will build it then it says something about the antichrist. Which one is it.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

- From what I can tell of scriptures there'll be no 3rd Temple.

"The glory of THIS LATTER Temple

shall be greater the FORMER, says The Lord Of Hosts." - Haggai 2:9

Former and Latter is only two Temples.

Plus the phrase 'Holy Place' is in no way synonymous with a just a Temple in scripture. 

The City Jerusalem it's self is referred to as a holy place in scriptures.

God's 'holy mountain' is a holy place spoken of in scripture.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

"The glory of THIS LATTER Temple

shall be greater the FORMER, says The Lord Of Hosts." - Haggai 2:9

Former and Latter is only two Temples.

It actually means the Temple directly before it, or the glory of the two before it combined.

There will certainly be a third Temple. There has to be a Temple for the Antichrist to defile as predicted in Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15-16, and 2 Thessalonians 2:4.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I believe that there has already been 2 Temples on earth but these are actually the 2nd and 3rd. Solomons Temple and Herods Temple. Solomons Temple was made after the pattern of the heavenly Temple.

The 4th Temple will be defiled by the anti-Christ.

The 5th Temple will be the Millenial Temple built by the Messiah.

The 1st/6th Temple will be the one in heaven coming down to the New Earth in the New Jerusalem.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I believe that there has already been 2 Temples on earth but these are actually the 2nd and 3rd. Solomons Temple and Herods Temple. Solomons Temple was made after the pattern of the heavenly Temple.

The 1st/6th Temple will be the one in heaven coming down to the New Earth in the New Jerusalem.  

Herod's Temple doesn't count. It was built as an extension to the existing temple that was there and was used to worship false gods. It was where the mosque is located today.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Herod's Temple doesn't count. It was built as an extension to the existing temple that was there and was used to worship false gods. It was where the mosque is located today.

I count it as the '2nd' Temple on earth. It is not viewed as a continuation of Solomons Temple, or an expansion on Solomons Temple.

Since I wrote this, it was bothering me that I could come up with 6 Temples. To me, it seems as if there should be 7. So, let me add that Jesus and us are Temples. If we count Jesus and us as 1 Temple, that would make seven. I am not generally big on numerology but that does make a neat number for significance.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

Edited by Shimshon

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

...the phrase 'Holy Place' is in no way synonymous with a just a Temple in scripture. 

The City Jerusalem it's self is referred to as a holy place in scriptures.

God's 'holy mountain' is a holy place spoken of in scripture.

Exactly. So much speculation about another Temple, so little real evidence.

Tinky: There has to be a Temple for the Antichrist to defile as predicted in Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15-16, and 2 Thessalonians 2:4.

The defilement of Dan. 11:31 was made by Antiochus IV Epiphanes in 168 BC.

The passages from Matthew 24 and 2 Thes. 2 speak of a naos/holy place, not necessarily a full temple: see the post quoted above. In Dan. 9:17, Daniel said, "cause your face to shine on your sanctuary/miqdash/holy place, which is desolate." In other words, the holy place does not have to be a building, rather, it is a sacred place in itself, structure or not. And so it is today.