Temple Institute Raises Funds for Draft Plans for 3rd Temple

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The passages from Matthew 24 and 2 Thes. 2 speak of a naos/holy place, not necessarily a full temple: see the post quoted above. In Dan. 9:17, Daniel said, "cause your face to shine on your sanctuary/miqdash/holy place, which is desolate." In other words, the holy place does not have to be a building, rather, it is a sacred place in itself, structure or not. And so it is today.

Today, are we to view the temple as our bodies (1 Cor 6:19-20)? If so, this puts an interesting perspective on 2 Thes 2:4 in which our inner man is the one that sits on the throne of God - the throne that is in our bodies, minds, and spirit. 

Once this is revealed to us, then beings the process of learning how to remove ourselves from that throne. It is natural for us to want to do what is in our hearts, which by our very nature is against God, because it is flesh. This process of removing ourselves from the throne, though, is through the leading of the Holy Spirit. Not by our own desire. We have no natural desire to do the will of God in our own flesh. Paul talks of this war between spirit and flesh in Romans 7:23-25 and Galatians 5:16-18.

I believe our our bodies are the temple. This temple they are proposing to build is a twisted interpretation of scripture that many people are grasping onto. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

The passages from Matthew 24 and 2 Thes. 2 speak of a naos/holy place, not necessarily a full temple: see the post quoted above. In Dan. 9:17, Daniel said, "cause your face to shine on your sanctuary/miqdash/holy place, which is desolate." In other words, the holy place does not have to be a building, rather, it is a sacred place in itself, structure or not. And so it is today.

Today, are we to view the temple as our bodies (1 Cor 6:19-20)? If so, this puts an interesting perspective on 2 Thes 2:4 in which our inner man is the one that sits on the throne of God - the throne that is in our bodies, minds, and spirit. 

Once this is revealed to us, then beings the process of learning how to remove ourselves from that throne. It is natural for us to want to do what is in our hearts, which by our very nature is against God, because it is flesh. This process of removing ourselves from the throne, though, is through the leading of the Holy Spirit. Not by our own desire. We have no natural desire to do the will of God in our own flesh. Paul talks of this war between spirit and flesh in Romans 7:23-25 and Galatians 5:16-18.

I believe our our bodies are the temple. This temple they are proposing to build is a twisted interpretation of scripture that many people are grasping onto. 

When Jesus prophesied in Matt. 24:15 about 'the Abomination of Desolation being set up in the Holy Place,' referring to Daniel's prophecy of Dan. 12:11 --

“And from the time that the daily/continual is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days"

-- he was speaking of something that will be seen -- "when you see" -- by all those living in Israel. (And presumably, worldwide by video.)  Yes, there is an inner sanctuary/holy place within each of us, and the Church as a whole is such a holy place/naos; however, the Abomination of Desolation will be seen by natural eyes. 2 Thes. 2:4 occurs in type in spirit, true; but there will also be a public event when it this is fulfilled in the physical.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

WilliamL - when the Romans invaded in 70 ad, they set up there standards within the sanctuary. From what I unet stand the standards had eagles on them. Images of what the jews considered unclean birds. As well the Romans themselves were gentiles in the Holy place. Thsee are sure signs that were seen physically as abominations.

I know most in this forum do not view this as the official "abomination that causes desolation". I'm curious as to why. This seems to meet that criteria. The temple and Jerusalem were destroyed, correct?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/09/1971

This topic really caught my attention yesterday, would like to point out a couple of things.

Jesus is the Temple of God. Jesus had said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”Jesus died on the cross and in three days rose back to life. Jesus is our everlasting Temple which cannot be destroyed.

When Jesus was speaking of the church in Philadelphia (Rev.3:12) He also said…. “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.”

What Temple is Jesus speaking about, it isn’t a temple built of stone, brick, rock, etc… The answer is found in Rev. 21:22 speaking of the New Jerusalem ‘And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.”

There has been huge debates going on among many Jews over the years whether or not they are to build a Third Temple or is it God that is going to bring the Temple down out of Heaven. Problem is three forth if not well over three forth of the Jews do not yet believe Jesus to be the Son of God and Messiah. So there for there is going to be a Third Temple built. A miniature model of that Temple has already been built and is on display. Almost everything needed is ready to go and they are ready now to begin sacrificing again. AND thing is the Temple does not have to be built for sacrifices to resume. This is not a good thing. Our father in Heaven has made the final sacrifice, His Son Jesus Christ. No more sacrifices are ever needed.

Plus for the antichrist to come and set himself up and proclaim himself as God there has to be a temple already sitting on the Temple mount. That is the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel, standing in the Holy place. But take notice, there is already an abomination sitting upon the Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock. Within that Dome is written on the inside and outside denying Jesus as the Son of God, denying the Holy Trinity, and denying the Deity of Christ. To me that is an abomination.

Hope this helps, God Bless
whisper7

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

My personal view of the third temple is this:  We know it won't be the last temple because the third one will be desecrated by the antichrist and destroyed.  So, my interest is in watching the indications of this third temple coming into realization as a sign of the times. 

Should Christians support the building of the temple financially?  It's an individual conviction between you and the Lord.  I understand both sides.  Some don't want to help support a temple that the antichrist is going to desecrate.  Some just want to be a blessing to the Jews.  There are any number of reasons for people to support, or not support, the building of the temple.  Whichever reason a person chooses, it's the motive that God examines.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I believe that there has already been 2 Temples on earth but these are actually the 2nd and 3rd. Solomons Temple and Herods Temple. Solomons Temple was made after the pattern of the heavenly Temple.

The 4th Temple will be defiled by the anti-Christ.

The 5th Temple will be the Millenial Temple built by the Messiah.

The 1st/6th Temple will be the one in heaven coming down to the New Earth in the New Jerusalem.  

Herod's Temple doesn't count. It was built as an extension to the existing temple that was there and was used to worship false gods. It was where the mosque is located today.

I count it as the '2nd' Temple on earth. It is not viewed as a continuation of Solomons Temple, or an expansion on Solomons Temple.

Since I wrote this, it was bothering me that I could come up with 6 Temples. To me, it seems as if there should be 7. So, let me add that Jesus and us are Temples. If we count Jesus and us as 1 Temple, that would make seven. I am not generally big on numerology but that does make a neat number for significance.  

It sounds like you are trying to fit things into your own understanding and how you think things should be, instead of examining the scriptures to see what God says.  That's a dangerous trap to fall into.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/05/1989

It sounds like you are trying to fit things into your own understanding and how you think things should be, instead of examining the scriptures to see what God says. That's a dangerous trap to fall into.

Indeed, but that seems to be the norm in eschatology! However, what should we expect, is not deception in the end times, a hallmark of them?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

It sounds like you are trying to fit things into your own understanding and how you think things should be, instead of examining the scriptures to see what God says. That's a dangerous trap to fall into.

Indeed, but that seems to be the norm in eschatology! However, what should we expect, is not deception in the end times, a hallmark of them?

Hey, Miss Tury, welcome back!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

The only one who will be seated in that temple will be the lawless one.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

What caught my eye was the first statement "will be a "house of prayer for all nations" and will usher in "a new era of universal harmony and peace" as prophesied in the Bible."  Let's assume they will succeed, as scripture portrays, and people do come together in prayer in one place.  Will this not usher in the peace scripture speaks of in 1 Thessalonians 5:3?

For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

Another issues I have with the statement is the idea of universalism.

I agree that those who are Christs should continue to bring the truth to all, not support the building of something that stands against His word.

I totally agree with Onelight.