Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Butero

How Do You View The Bible?

How do you view the Bible?   22 members have voted

1. 1. Which response best agrees with your opinion.

• The Bible is the inerrant Word of God. It contains absolute truth.
    • The Bible is a collection of messages from early Jewish and Christian leaders. It contains good ideas, but not necessarily the Word of God.
    • The Bible is a literary work, nothing more and nothing less.
  2. 2. When your views and the Bible's teachings conflict, what do you do?

• Find a way to make the Bible agree with me.
    • Accept that the Bible is right and I am wrong.
    • Figure that I am right and just misunderstanding the Bible's teachings and shrug it off.
    • I don't believe the Bible is our final authority, but we are to go by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

I am starting this topic and poll question to see how those at WB view the Bible.  Your participation is appreciated in the poll as well as with your comments if you wish to explain your position. 

I voted:

The Bible is the inerrant Word of God. It contains absolute truth. 

Accept that the Bible is right and I am wrong. 

I have changed my faith quite a lot.  I don't consider those who hold a monopoly 'on how to believe' are necessarily right. The views I voted are things that I believe 100% in.  I 'accepted the bible is right and that I am wrong' changing my views from standard beliefs people hold to something else.  Which I am 100% confident in at this point.  

I have taken up the view that I am without sin, that praying for forgiveness of sins is contrary to what the bible teaches, Jesus baptism taking the worlds sin, Jesus Cross completely blotting out all sin, the world being without sin, and many other things.  I listed a few of the ones people immediately have something to say.  I am well aware of the responses I get for saying anything of the sort.  It essentially alienated myself from everyone I meet who believe in God.  I don't agree with your faith and you won't agree with mine.  

Anyways just sharing my input!

The Bible is the inerrant Word of God. It contains absolute truth.  Accept that the Bible is right and I am wrong., that is how I voted, it is how all have voted so far. So, this being the case, why do o many here disagree with me? LOL  :mgcheerful: 

I believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and contains absolute truth, and that if my views conflict with scripture, I accept the Bible is right and I am wrong.  So far it is unanimous, but I know that I have encountered people in various threads that don't agree.  I am curious how the final vote count will wind up. 

I believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and contains absolute truth, and that if my views conflict with scripture, I accept the Bible is right and I am wrong.  So far it is unanimous, but I know that I have encountered people in various threads that don't agree.  I am curious how the final vote count will wind up. 

:thumbsup:

Yes, I am curious too, and also am wondering who will agree with the present trend, that I will think "Wait a minute, he/she doesn't believe that, they have been shown where the bible disagrees with them, and they just think they are right and the Bible is wrong. Those people often love the phrase: "Well, that is YOUR interpretation!"  To which I reply: "No, I did no interpretation, I just restated what the bible said!" LOL

However, I am encouraged by the trend.

Blessings Butero
    I vote the same....".I believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and contains absolute truth, and that if my views conflict with scripture, I accept the Bible is right and I am wrong."

I do think the majority will vote as we did and it is interesting what Omega said:

Wait a minute, he/she doesn't believe that, they have been shown where the bible disagrees with them, and they just think they are right and the Bible is wrong. Those people often love the phrase: "Well, that is YOUR interpretation!"  To which I reply: "No, I did no interpretation, I just restated what the bible said!" LOL       Omegaman

I see & hear that quite often & yet I also see when the shoe is on the other foot.....when one's view is clearly their interpretation and they honestly believe that they are stating what the Bible says & vica versa! Wouldn't you agree that there are many things written in the Bible that do not provide us with enough information to make absolute assertations or determinations and we are left with stipulation? "of our interpretation-LOL   Omega??

With love-in Christ,Kwik  

I agree with what you are saying Kwik.  Yes, there are times where one person thinks they are standing on the Bible as absolute truth and another person disagrees with their interpretation.  I get that.  My concern is when people look at what the Bible says, admit it says something, but make excuses why it doesn't matter as they have been shown by God it doesn't apply today or to them.

Something else that concerns me is how people have no conscience about taking a scripture out of context to try to win an argument.  If you really believe the Bible is the Word of God, how can you do that in good conscience.  Just yesterday, I saw someone take a verse that applied to a specific group of people, and edit the verse in such a way as to make it appear it applied to everyone.  The person knew exactly what they were doing.  I don't understand how anyone could do that if they really believe the Bible is the Word of God.  Yes, you may appear to win an argument, but when you know you misused scripture, how did you really win?  If on the inside, you don't really believe it is God's Word, but you only use it to control people, I could understand people doing that.  So again, I am just trying to understand what people are thinking.  I am glad for the positive numbers so far, but I am still skeptical. 

Which Bible?

the Bible is inerrant and unfailing. sometimes the Bible seems to contradict itself. when it does, i have to dig deeper, beyond my own understanding. what i THINK it means isn't always what it DOES mean. and when i disagree with something the Bible says, i accept that God is wiser than i am, and that His reasons figure into a bigger plan than my tiny little brain can even imagine, much less make sense of. i try never to keep God in the little box of my comprehension.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0