Wildstar

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Human beings are capable of realizing their sins when they break the Law of God. That is why so many people try so hard to get their sins remitted away by praying to God. To compensate for the sins they committed, some people do good deeds such as volunteering, helping the poor, or giving a lot of donations to their churches, all in the name of God. They do these things because they think God would then somehow gloss over their sins. While their intention is worthy, their method is wrong. 

What are your thoughts

The Bible tells us that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.  Based on that, when we sin, we should confess those sins the moment we realize we have done wrong, and by faith, we know God will forgive us. 

I have a hard time thinking like that.  More or less I understand my outerself will sin till the day I die.  I can manage this by doing Gods work.  But if I sin I realize it said in 1 John 2:1 that Jesus is my advocate because I believe in Him.  I believe he speaks on my behalf because of my faith in Him.  So I ruminate in what he has done if I am heart stricken, realizing his work has made me whole already and that these or those sins I committed were taken care of 2000 years ago.  So I believe we're forgiven already.  But we acknowledge our outerselves.  We wash our feet but are completely clean.  

Guest LadyC

wildstar, doing God's work will certainly help 'manage' sin. no doubt about that! staying grounded in God's word (reading the bible daily) and praying will also help 'manage' sin... when we're walking close to God in these ways, and surrounding ourselves with people who try to live a godly life, we have an easier time avoiding the temptation to sin. of course, it's not going to prevent all sin, because there's not a single one of us that can make it an entire day (hour even?) without sinning.

that being said, as butero pointed out, we should confess our sins when we commit them... just as when we offend a friend, we immediately apologize. God says that when we ask Him to forgive a sin we have committed, he throws it as far as the east is from the west, and remembers it no more. if five minutes later you commit the same sin and say "hey God, remember what i did five minutes ago?" He's going to say "nope, i forgot it already". and then you ask forgiveness again for the most recent infraction... 

and lest anyone think i'm saying this can be used as an excuse to continue in sin without repentance, i'm not. repentance is a change of heart as well as an apology. a repentant heart is one that desires to stop screwing up over and over again. but sometimes it takes people a long time to get out of the habit of a specific sin... if they're constantly (sincerely) apologizing, the heart is going to follow, and they'll find themselves doing that bad habit less and less frequently.

Did the people in Acts 10:43-47 confess their sin with prayer or word.  Or was their heart filled with repentance and belief in the gospel?  They were forgiven without saying a word and it's evident as they received the holy spirit as the jewish believers had.  Ephesians 1:13-14 shows that having the holy spirit is a guarantee of the inheritance of Jesus blessings.  

Yeah the lords prayer says that.  But the prayer itself isnt what prompts god to remove a sin.  Only blood can do this, and its why only faith in Jesus can do this.  Repentance isn't a prayer but a change of heart.  Jesus said "Repent and believe in the gospel for salvation"

I confess my sin to God...  but I made the distinction beforehand of what my faith has done versus what my intention with my prayer is.  I believe Jesus is our advocate who speaks on our behalf when we sin because we believe in Him.

Guest LadyC

i don't believe prayer necessarily has to be spoken. God searches hearts and reads minds. but whether you say it or think it, i do believe it is important to it into words... not for His sake, but for my own sake. if i don't verbalize (whether silently or audibly) my apology to God, i become spiritually lazy, take forgiveness for granted, and am less likely to continue trying to put an end to the bad behavior. so it's for MY benefit that i ask God (consciously) for forgiveness when i do something i know is wrong.