RigMedic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I seem to run into two different stances on this subject. On one side it seems people believe that once you are saved you no longer sin, but in fact it's impossible for you to sin if you are truly saved. Then there are those that say when you become saved, you desire the things that God desires and you want the things that God wants. You no longer seek provision for the flesh but rather try to do the will of God. It is still possible for you to sin, however it is not something you seek out nor do you dive head first into sin, rather you stumble. You then would stand up, dust yourself off and continue your walk with Christ. I think if it was possible to ever live your life sinless, then Paul would not have wrote about how he struggled with sin in the book of Romans when he said

Romans 7:15-19 NIV

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.

Is this just the war between the flesh and the spirit?

If it wasn't for the book of Romans I feel like many people, including myslef, would be left hopeless and constantly questioning their salvation.

I pose another question as well, if sanctification is never fully complete until we receive our glorified bodies, then will we always struggle with sin?

Sin

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar,

and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

Be

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth.

Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Gone~!

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

~

Our Sanctification

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 2 Thessalonians 2:13

Is Organic

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,

except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Faith

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 15:22-23

~

And Beloved, Still We Trust

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling,

and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

Christians will sin till the day they die - for anything that is not of faith is sin (Rom 14:23) it is only in the resurrection that we are raised to incorruption. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

After becoming born again of the Word of God by the Spirit of God, the exact Spirit that was in Jesus Christ now has become our new life. As you have already posted, "It is no longer I that liveth, but Christ liveth in me..." That new "I" which is Christ can never sin, or die, or ever fail, as it is revealed to us in this scripture....

1Jn 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

Sin happens when we wrestle control from Christ in us and take back control to ourselves. As you also have already posted, when we do sin, it is no longer "I" doing it, but sin that dwelleth in our flesh.

Being able to walk without sinning requires us to keep our hearts set on things above where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Gal 5:16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Rom 8:5  For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. (ESV)

Someone asked me one time, "How long can a man walk in the Spirit?" I said back to him, "How long can you keep your heart set on the things of God? that's how long"

Of course, as long as we are living in these physical bodies there will always be the agitating presence of sin in our flesh.