• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from The Christian Post:

"Several months before 'Left Behind' opens in theaters, a prominent Christian apologist is reminding the American church that the movie's claims about the rapture are false.

"'This doctrine is not really found in the book of Revelation. If you read the book of Revelation, you won't find any mention of the rapture there,' William Craig, a Research Professor of Philosophy at Talbot School of Theology and Professor of Philosophy at Houston Baptist University.

"Instead, Craig says, the idea of the rapture comes from a 'misinterpretation of 1 and 2 Thessalonians where Paul is describing the coming of the Lord and resurrection of the dead, which will occur at His coming.'

"If you compare what Paul says there to what Jesus says about the End Times, Paul uses the same vocabulary, the same phraseology. I think it's very plausible that Paul is talking about the same event that Jesus predicted, namely the visible coming of the Son of Man at the end of human history to usher in his kingdom," said Craig. "But proponents of the rapture view, say that Paul is not at all talking about the second coming of the Christ there. What he's really talking about is this invisible preliminary secret return of Christ to snatch believers out of the world before the great tribulation occurs. I think there's no textual warrant for that at all."

"According to Craig, the rapture became a popular theory about the End Times due to the influence of the Scofield Reference Bible, which was published in the early 20th century and promulgated John Darby's mid-18th century's views on the rapture. Later, Christian institutions, among them Dallas Theological Seminary, and churches began teaching the validity of the rapture ..."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/no-christians-should-not-believe-in-left-behinds-rapture-theology-says-prominent-apologist-124070/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

it would be nice if it were true though.....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his rear when he jumps, he could glide to a landing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his rear when he jumps, he could glide to a landing.

LoL   well we could debate the dynamics of that, but I think he would need more than wings.....   he would need a different kind of landing gear.   His front legs are too short to keep from bumping his jaw into the ground unless he had rotors.   But I guess he'd swap ends on bumping.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I think it strange too how the Pre-trib rapture theorists dropped Darby's 'secret' coming idea that he associated with his theory in the 1830's. And now they try to make movies to try and reverse that 'secret' coming idea out of people's minds? Clearly the work of charlatans that is, as even Schofield was caught embezelling funds from one of his relatives, had no authentic doctoral degree, and belonged to the Club of New York, a favorite hang out of New York bankers, lawyers, and politicians.

You each have you own opinions about the Rapture and you are welcome to them. No one cares. Thankfully and luckily for you, you will still benefit from the Rapture as those of us who believe the Scriptures, and Paul, and James. Sometimes I wish that those who refuse to believe would be "left behind" to get what you are hoping for. Which is receiving the Wrath of GOD.

Yet, I find it interesting that none of you objected to being labeled an "Xtian".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

You each have you own opinions about the Rapture and you are welcome to them. No one cares. Thankfully and luckily for you, you will still benefit from the Rapture as those of us who believe the Scriptures, and Paul, and James. Sometimes I wish that those who refuse to believe would be "left behind" to get what you are hoping for. Which is receiving the Wrath of GOD.

Yet, I find it interesting that none of you objected to being labeled an "Xtian".

Now you're only expressing 'your'... opinion about what God's Word teaches on the matter of Christ's coming and gathering of His Church.

So show us, where does God's Word teach that we (His Church) will be raptured PRIOR to the "great tribulation" He taught? This is a pre-trib rapture theory thread, so shouldn't be any problem to cover that point. And sometimes hoping that those who disagree with you about a pre-trib rapture theory to suffer God's wrath is not going to be a welcome thought by our Lord Jesus when He comes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

And sometimes hoping that those who disagree with you about a pre-trib rapture theory to suffer God's wrath is not going to be a welcome thought by our Lord Jesus when He comes.

@Salty - I agree.

@ Parker1 - I think the OP put an extra "t" in it.  Should probably read Xian.  Like Xmas.  The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός which comes into English as "Christ" as I see it, compliments of Wikipedia.  Also part of the IXOYE thing...for what its worth.