IGNORED

What are some verses that talk about Forgiveness?

gigman7

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I know this is a big one. Maybe thousands of verses but I'm looking for what you think may be the best 3 or 4 verses about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”  Mark 11:25

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,  Luke 6:27

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;  I Cor. 13

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Matthew 5: 21-24

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,  Matthew 6:14

And this, is perhaps the hardest:

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.g

23“Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of goldh was brought to him. 25Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26“At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28“But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.i He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29“His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30“But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32“Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

If we forgive from the heart, then it truly costs something and we are not just saying words.

What are some verses that talk about Forgiveness?

I know this is a big one. Maybe thousands of verses but I'm looking for what you think may be the best 3 or 4 verses about it.

~

The

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Big

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

One

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Ephesians 2:1

As I See It

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

Thank you. These are great.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Luke 6:37

6)  Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man to whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7)  Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8)  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Romans 4:6-8  (Psalms 32:1-2)

Which of course all true followers of Christ know of this Blessedness,

And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Ephesians 4:32

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

1 John 5:18, "We know that whoever is born of God doesn't sin, but he who was born of God keeps himself, and the evil one doesn't touch him." 

sinless perfection by belief in the lord jesus.  Amen :)

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who don't walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death. For what the law couldn't do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 
Romans 8:1-4

John says in 1 John 3:6 that those who do sin don't know Christ.

But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 
Romans 3:21-26
Edited by Wildstar