IGNORED

What are your views on giving? What does the Bible say?

gigman7

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I know we are go give our tithes, give to the poor, the widows and orphans, and to give freely, but what exactly does the scripture say?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

I will have disagreement on this because I do not believe in tithing. I accept that we are to give as we are able and as God blesses us and if we are able we are to give with a generous heart to cover those who are not able to give much. The woman who gave a mite gave more than those who gave of their plenty.

I will have disagreement on this because I do not believe in tithing. I accept that we are to give as we are able and as God blesses us and if we are able we are to give with a generous heart to cover those who are not able to give much. The woman who gave a mite gave more than those who gave of their plenty.

Do you realize your contradiction?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I know we are go give our tithes, give to the poor, the widows and orphans, and to give freely, but what exactly does the scripture say?

Just some quick verses in response

We are blessed to give

"Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me. I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

We are to give all as Jesus gave it all, not just what God has enriched and blessed us with but even give our lives if necessary

But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Whatever we give in obedience to the Lord keep secret and give it with love knowing God Himself is our great reward and our true riches

3. Luke 6:38

“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

4. Matthew 6:3-4

"But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

In Christ, Pat

Just some quick verses in response

We are blessed to give

"Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me. I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

We are to give all as Jesus gave it all, not just what God has enriched and blessed us with but even give our lives if necessary

But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Whatever we give in obedience to the Lord keep secret and give it with love knowing God Himself is our great reward and our true riches

3. Luke 6:38

“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

4. Matthew 6:3-4

"But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

In Christ, Pat

Thank you. These are very helpful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

No contradiction, the rich only tithed, the widow woman gave all she had from her love of The Lord.

No contradiction, the rich only tithed, the widow woman gave all she had from her love of The Lord.

Yes, it was a contradiction. You said "we are to give as we are able" and then brought up the story of the woman who gave all she had. This was a parable. She didn't "give as she was able". She gave it all.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

To be fair the verses used to support tithing were aimed at Israel and the priests who did not work for money but for God and relied on these tithes from the other tribes.  The verse now is used to support a building, sort of like a club membership, and the owner usually spends it on vehicles and the like.  It's evil, scripture twisting and has nothing to do with the will of God.  If you want to use your money for good then give directly to the poor, the homeless, feed the hungry and give water to the thirsty.

Other then that a cheerful giver is looked fondly on by God.  I know whatever I give to the poor I get back.  Like throwing something out in the ocean it will come back to me in some way.  I have had experiences with this and it's definently a reality.  What you give out of the goodness of your heart you will receive.  But "by what measure you use it will be measured back to you"  so consider that.  

To be fair the verses used to support tithing were aimed at Israel and the priests who did not work for money but for God and relied on these tithes from the other tribes.  The verse now is used to support a building, sort of like a club membership, and the owner usually spends it on vehicles and the like.  It's evil, scripture twisting and has nothing to do with the will of God.  If you want to use your money for good then give directly to the poor, the homeless, feed the hungry and give water to the thirsty.

This is SO wrong in so many ways.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

This is SO wrong in so many ways.

prove it