dscapp

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Where's the free will in Islamic nations if they're only here to fulfill Psalm 83 prophecy, then die and go to hell. 2 Peter 3:9 doesn't make sense.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

They have the choice to choose Jesus and be saved. Most of them choose poorly.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

There is only free will, nothing else really exists as a function or ability - no cause and effect, no determinism, no laws of nature, and nothing set in stone that God could not undo. Prophesies are visions of will, they are not things that have already happened. How prophecies are able to be true is because God knows his will, but that is not to say God couldn't change his will, and that he is bound to it -- if that were the case then covenants, faith, and promises would be pointless, in regards to what will become.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

They have the choice to choose Jesus and be saved. Most of them choose poorly.

I'm with Jade on this. They have the choice to accept Jesus. They have the free will to choose.

Yeah but they really don't have a choice because of their geographical location in the Bible.

Certain men were born to fulfill certain prophecy. Psalm 83 was written well over 2,000 years ago.

Guest LadyC

Yeah but they really don't have a choice because of their geographical location in the Bible.

Certain men were born to fulfill certain prophecy. Psalm 83 was written well over 2,000 years ago.

they DO have a choice. geographical location doesn't change a thing. would they be persecuted? sure. would they be killed for their faith? probably. and the bible says quite clearly that people will be persecuted and put to death for their faith. that hasn't changed in 2000 years.

but most islamic people will not make that choice. their hearts are too hard. their ears are deaf to the truth. they have a choice to serve the one true God, but instead, they choose to serve another god. that may be all they've ever known, but they've still heard the truth. they aren't unaware of the christian faith. they aren't ignorant of who Jesus is. they just choose not to serve Him. they choose to believe that christians are the infidels.

and they will fulfill prophecy.

not because of who they are or where they live, but because of whom they chose to serve. God knew this would happen from the beginning of time. He still gives them the choice... and there are some over there who will make the right one. the majority won't.

not because of who they are or where they live, but because of whom they chose to serve. God knew this would happen from the beginning of time. He still gives them the choice...

I don't understand. If God writes it down before it happens how are they given free will. God already wrote in Psalm 83 that Muslims would be the enemy of God 2,000 years later. If the Muslims repented that would make God a liar. Muslims not repenting is what is suppose to happen. It is because of who they are and where they live.

Guest LadyC

in the same way a mother knows that her child is going to sneak a piece of candy and then lie about it. the child still has the freedom to NOT sneak the candy, and the freedom to tell the truth, even though mom KNOWS what her kid is going to do before he does it.

and there are muslims who repent and turn to Christ. the majority will not. but they ALL have the choice that only a few will make.

in the same way a mother knows that her child is going to sneak a piece of candy and then lie about it. the child still has the freedom to NOT sneak the candy, and the freedom to tell the truth, even though mom KNOWS what her kid is going to do before he does it.

and there are muslims who repent and turn to Christ. the majority will not. but they ALL have the choice that only a few will make.

I'm just having a hard time accepting God's foreknowledge while giving us free will. You will have to bare with me.

Guest Butero

Dscapp, I do believe all prophecies are set in stone.  I believe God gave us the ability to make our own choices, but he knew what those choices would be before he created us.  That means that we are accountable for what we do, but in another sense, the end is already known by our creator so free will is an illusion.  I didn't used to believe that, but having spent a great deal of time in the Bible, that is the conclusion I have come to.