• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi inchrist,

I`m beginning to get an understanding of what you believe. Can you give scriptures from Acts onwards, teaching to the believers in the Body of Christ, as to confirmation of what you are saying? Thankyou.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

The term `the Kingdom of God,` includes every realm, in the Universe & beyond, & every rule.

`For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens & on earth, visible & invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities – all things have been created by Him & for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

God is a God of regal authority & `His Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom.` (Ps. 145: 13)

`Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honour & glory forever & ever.`
(1 Tim. 1: 17)

When we see Jesus coming forth in triumph at the battle of Armageddon He has a name emblazoned ` King of Kings,` (Rev. 19: 16). This indicates His supreme authority over all kings & kingdoms.

The prophet Daniel had a wonderful vision of the throne realm of God. This is a kingdom far beyond our understanding but we see a glimpse.

`The Ancient of days took His seat....His throne was a blaze with flames....thousands of thousands were attending Him & myriads upon myriads were standing before Him...`(Dan. 7: 9 & 10)

We also know that Lucifer was a king in that higher realm near God`s throne. (Ez. 28: 14) He was over a whole order of angels who were cast out with Him. He is at present `the prince of the power of the air.` (Eph. 2: 2) This is a domain that has yet to be cleansed from this Satanic rule.

Then there are the kingdoms of this world that Satan tempted Christ with. (Matt. 4: 8) But Christ did not yield. Later Christ told Herod –`My kingdom is not of this world....` (John 18: 36)

The Lord Jesus Christ was a king in eternity, way before He was proclaimed King of Israel.

Thus we see that the term `the Kingdom of God,` is way beyond the mere scope of this world.
The Apostle Paul declares, by the Spirit, that Christ `must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet,` & that when all is in subjection to Him then, `He delivers up the Kingdom to God and Father, when He has abolished all rule & all authority & power.` (1 Cor. 15: 24 & 24)

This involves not merely the kingdom of Israel, or the kingdoms of this world, but also includes the universal area, & finally the very thronal realm where there are myriads & myriads.

The `Kingdom of God,` in it`s fullest understanding is what the Apostle Paul was explaining to the leading men of the Jews. But most were dull of hearing, as God said they would be. They had looked for a human deliverer to rout the Romans & couldn`t grasp the enormity of God`s purposes that were greater than themselves. (Acts 28: 26 & 27)

Edited by Marilyn C

Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, (Gal. 2: 8) declared to them the `whole purpose of God.` (Acts 20: 27) This he writes about to the Ephesians saying that God has

`made known to us the mystery of His will, according to the kind intention which He purposes in Him,.......summing up all things in Christ, things in heaven & things upon the earth.` (Eph. 1: 10)

And how vast is that summing up in Christ whom God has –

`.....seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule & authority & power & dominion ....He put all things in subjection under His feet, & gave Him as head over all things to the `Ekklesia,` which is His Body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 20 – 23)

The Body of Christ that He is building & maturing (Eph. 4: 12 & 13) is a work of the Holy Spirit. Each member is specifically placed in their position & with the appropriate function. (1 Cor. 12: 12 – 18) So –

What is our calling? `Therefore holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling..` (Heb. 3: 1)

What is our hope? `We give thanks......because of the hope laid up for you in heaven,..` (Col. 1: 5)

Where is our citizenship? `For our citizenship is in heaven,....` (Phil. 3: 20)

Where is our new body? `For indeed in this house (body) we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven.` (2 Cor. 5: 2)

WHAT IS THIS NEW BODY LIKE?

It is like Christ. `We know that when He appears, we shall be like Him...` (1 John 3: 2)
`God...also predestined (us) to become conformed to the image of His Son.` (Rom. 8: 29)

It has a divine nature.. `For He (God) has granted ....that you might become partakers of the divine nature,...` (2 Peter 1: 4)

It is imperishable. `For this perishable must put on the imperishable...` (1 Cor. 15: 53)

It is immortal. `and this mortal must put on immortality.` (1 Cor. 15: 53)

It can go through different dimensions. `And their eyes were opened & they recognised Him; & he vanished from their sight.` (Luke 24: 31)

This community of people, the Body of Christ, are going to have bodies that are supernatural, not made for this earth but made for the realms above – seated with Christ, on His throne in the third heaven.

`He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with me on My throne...` (Acts 3: 21)

Edited by Marilyn C

Hi inchrist,

I am appreciating this debate with you. It has been interesting to gain understanding of what you believe. it is also good to know that we agree on so many things. So now for more details......

We often use the word `heaven,` to mean any of the above areas from the earth, however God`s word is much more specific. We have –

- the atmospheric heaven. (1) (where birds fly, clouds, etc )
- the celestial heaven. (2) (planets, stars, comets etc)

When we read in Genesis 1 about God creating the `heavens.` it becomes apparent that that is the atmospheric & celestial areas. Now in relation to Israel they were promised by the God who made the celestial  & atmospheric heavens, that they would rule the nations on earth. The prophet Daniel tells us when this happens.

`In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed....` (Dan. 2: 44)

Thus the phrase `the kingdom of the God of heaven,` or the `kingdom of heaven,` meant to the people of Israel, the time when the God who made the celestial heaven would set up His rule (kingdom) through them to rule over the other nations. So we read in Matthew, about Jesus who was manifested as a man declaring to the people of Israel that the `kingdom of heaven,` the rule of heaven had now come through Him who was their king, their Messiah. As a nation they did not receive Him, thus the time for the kingdom / rule of Christ was postponed.

Christ told the people of Israel to pray to the Father for that kingdom rule (of the God who made the celestial heaven), to come to them so that God`s will would be done on earth as it is in heaven. (Matt.6: 10) We know this rule by the Lord Jesus Christ will come through Israel in the Millennium over the nations on the earth & finally through the New Jerusalem from the celestial heavens.

But that is not the extent of the areas above. There are realms above the celestial heavens.

God is in the highest heaven. `Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven & the highest heavens, the earth & all that is in it.` (Deut. 10: 14)

The Apostle Paul & John reveal to us a higher place than the celestial. It is the third heaven as the place of God`s throne. (2 Cor. 12: 2 & Rev. 4: 1)

In Greek the word heaven is `ouranos,` meaning, sky, celestial. And then to indicate a higher realm the Greek word is `epouranious,` meaning above the celestial.

This word `epouranious,` above the (celestial) heavens, is used when the Apostle Paul speaks of the place where the Body of Christ will rule & reign with Christ in the Millennium & beyond.

`The Lord will deliver me from every evil deed, & will bring me safely to His heavenly (above the celestial) kingdom....` (2 Tim. 4: 18)

`Therefore holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly (above the celestial) calling....` (Heb. 3: 1)

And this is the place, above the celestial heavens, that God has seated Christ & from where He rules over every realm, every dominion, every authority, & every power.

`God....seated Him (Christ) in the heavenly (epouranious – above the celestial) places, far above all rule & authority & power & dominion, & every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.

And He put all things in subjection under His feet, & gave Him as Head over all things to the Ekklesia, which is His Body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 20 - 23)

Thus we see two different areas for two different purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you `inchrist` for your questions concerning the `Lord`s prayer. Had you realised though, that Jesus was talking to His disciples, who were at that time looking forward to the kingdom being restored to Israel. Note, verse 7 of Matt. 6 where the Lord compares the Gentiles way of praying – meaningless repetition to Israel `s prayer to ask the Father for His rule to come & His will to be done.

As Christians we can pray that as it is part of God`s overall plan – Israel ruling on earth & the Body of Christ in heaven.

Now before I conclude my evidence I need to address some errors that have tricked people into thinking that our inheritance is on earth. Some Bible versions have not correctly translated the Greek into English & thus caused confusion.

1. MESSIAH`S HEAVENLY ANGEL ARMY. (not saints)

When Jesus, Israel`s Messiah comes in power & great glory, He brings with Him His heavenly army.
`And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed Him on white horses.` (Rev. 19: 14)
Who are these heavenly armies? There has been much confusion & error. However, as we study the scriptures carefully, God`s word clearly shows us who they are.

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him...` (Matt. 25: 31)
`the Son of Man .....comes in His own glory, & in His Father`s glory & in the glory of the HOLY ANGELS.` (Luke 9: 26)
`when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with HIS MIGHTY ANGELS.` (2 Thess. 1: 7)

Now a couple of other scriptures speak of the Lord coming with His Holy Ones.

`Then the Lord, my God, will come & all His HOLY ONES with Him.` (Zech. 14: 5 NAS)
`Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His HOLY ONES.` (Jude v.14 NAS)

`HOLY ONES,` from the Heb. `quodos,` meaning sacred, holy, & from the Greek `hagio,` also sacred, holy.

Most Bible interpretation have `holy ones,` or `holy angels,` however a couple of versions have wrongly written `saints,` & this has caused some confusion. However if we read all scripture on this subject it becomes quite clear that it is the Lord Jesus, Israel`s Messiah, coming to earth with His Holy Angels to judge the Nations & to deliver Israel.

The heavenly angelic army is described as wearing garments of fine linen that are white & clean.
`And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed Him, (King of Kings) on white horses.` (Rev. 19: 11 – 16)

`linen,` from the Greek word - `katharos,` meaning clean, clear, pure.

This is also the description of the angels coming out of the temple in heaven. They symbolically had garments of linen, white & clean. This is to distinguish them as holy angels & not demonic angels. (Rev. 15: 5 & 6)
Thus this heavenly army that comes with Israel`s Messiah is His Holy Angel Army, coming in power & glory.

2. THE BODY OF CHRIST RULES OVER THE EARTH. (not on)

When the Body of Christ is seated with Christ on His throne (Rev. 3: 21) they sing a new song .
`inchrist,` you brought this scripture up, so I will address it also.

`Worthy art you to take the book, & to break its seals for you were slain & did purchase for God with your blood men from every tribe & tongue & people & nation. And you have made us to be kings & priests to our God; & we will reign OVER the earth.` (Rev. 4: 9 & 10)

The Greek word for `over,` is `epi,` meaning over (superimposition of time, place, order etc)
This word has been translated wrongly by many translators, due to their wrong theology. They have written the word, `on,` instead which has caused much confusion. However, again, if we read all the scriptures pertaining to this topic we see that the Body of Christ rules & reigns with Christ in the third heaven with Him.

Edited by Marilyn C

Now the most important point to me when discussing this great subject of where Christ & His Body is in the Millennium concerns Christ`s Kingship.

CHRIST`S KINGSHIP

We know that Jesus was born King of the Jews & that He was called King of Israel, & one day He will be King of the Nations. However do we realise that Christ`s Kingship is before all time & over all realms & throughout all ages yet to come.

Christ is King of the Jews. (Matt. 2: 2)
Christ is King of Israel. (John 1: 47 – 49)
Christ is King of the Nations. (Rev. 15: 3 – 4)
Christ is King of Heaven. (Dan. 4: 37)
Christ is King of the Ages. (1 Tim. 1: 17)
Christ is King of Righteousness & Peace. (Heb. 7: 1 – 3)
Christ is King of Glory. (Ps. 24: 7 – 8)

We know that `Thy glory is over the heavens. (Ps. 24) Here we see the King of Glory ascending to the throne of the heavens at the pinnacle of power. Now glory is the crowning diadem of all the attributes of deity. There are the virtues of glory – holiness, righteousness, faithfulness, goodness, graciousness, lovingkindness (etc), thus presiding in Kingly dignity over all is the King of Glory.

In Psalm 68: 17 we get a glimpse of Christ amid myriads of angels, when He ascended up on high. Then in Daniel 7: 9 & 10 we see Him as the Ancient of days on a blazing throne of `fire` with thousands upon thousands attending Him, & myriads upon myriads standing before Him.

At the centre in great majesty sits the King of Glory. His glory extends & goes beyond every
way thinkable. Nowhere in any realm do we find anyone who assumes this highest station, the King of Glory. Christ is the mightiest in authority & worthiest in victory.

Never before has there been anyone in closer relationship with mankind, who has ascended to such heights of immortality in Kingship, to reign over all.

EARTH IS HIS FOOTSTOOL.

`Thus says the Lord, “Heaven is My throne, & the earth is My footstool.` (Isa. 66: 1)

`...it was Solomon who built a house for Him. However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands; as the prophet says: `heaven is My throne, & the earth is the footstool of My feet.` (Acts 7: 47 – 49)

`Jesus said, `But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by earth, for it is the footstool of His feet....`(Matt. 5: 34 & 35)

Thus the Lord Jesus Christ does not rule from earth, the lowest status, but continues to uphold all things & rules from His seat of power in the heavenly realms.

`God...has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom He made the world,....who....upholds all things by the word of His power.....& sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.` (Heb. 1: 2 & 3)

It is here that the Body of Christ will rule & reign with Him.

`he who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit with Me on My throne,....` (Rev. 3: 21)

Thus in conclusion –

With my natural mind, `inchrist,` I would dare to believe (like you) that I am a servant on this earth in God`s great kingdom, but my spirit mind leaps for joy, astounding at the incredible inheritance that is mine, to sit with my brothers & sisters in Christ, with Him on His throne in the realms of heavenly glory –

`Joy unspeakable & full of glory, (1 Peter 1: 8) .....& the half has never yet been told.

(& I pray that not only you, `inchrist,` but all who read this, may come to know the wondrous inheritance we all have in our precious Lord Jesus.)

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

With conclusion from both parties, and not other posts, this debate is closed.