Mediums and Clairvoyants

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Help... I've recently stopped attending a church that I've been a member of for over 15 years. This church has a special place in my heart. I had our pastor visit our home to pray over it, in Jesus' name. (We had been experiencing some spiritual attacks at home.)

He came over and brought a saved church member. He introduced her as a medium/clairvoyant and said she will help in finding open doors for demonic activity in the home. He also said this person would channel the name of the demon so we know who we were standing aga9inst.

All said and done, my spirit was greatly distraught to learn that he uses a medium to channel the spirit world. While it's NOT necromancy, it is consulting familiar spirits (Deuteronomy 18:11).

I was advised that the Scripture put on my heart while he was here was divisive and likely from the demons. He stated 1 Corinthians 12:10 supports this (root word diskrisis for discerning) and also stated Luke 8, regarding the maniac of Gedara is another that supports it. When I brought questions to him regarding this, I was met with defensiveness, though I came in peace.. I asked genuine questions... For example, the maniac was possessed. This person he brought to our home was not possessed and , in fact, is saved. I've been told I just need to agree to disagree; that this isn't a doctrinal issues and, furthermore, is a common practice in spiritual warfare. So, I post here, in genuine interest and research to understand if I'm misunderstanding God's Word on this topic. Thoughts? Further points to study?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

what they are doing is against the Word, and always ends up being destructive..

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/02/1961

Argh. I don't know. Many times we have faced spiritual attacks in our home, and I have invited prayer warriors to come and pray with me.  The Spirit of God was more than happy to show us anywhere that the enemy attacks were coming from.  Now biblically Jesus asked the name of the Spirit in the man in the Gadarenes and was told it's name was Legion.  Having said that we have to look at Acts 19

Acts 19:13-16Amplified Bible (AMP)

13 Then some of the traveling Jewish exorcists (men who adjure evil spirits) also undertook to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, I solemnly implore and charge you by the Jesus Whom Paul preaches!

14 Seven sons of a certain Jewish chief priest named Sceva were doing this.

15 But [one] evil spirit retorted, Jesus I know, and Paul I know [a]about, but who are you?

16 Then the man in whom the evil spirit dwelt leaped upon them, mastering [b]two of them, and was so violent against them that they dashed out of that house [in fear], stripped naked and wounded.

Nowhere in the bible are "mediums and clairvoyants" used and personally I think these things are a form of witchcraft.  Now had the pastor introduced this woman as having a gift of knowledge, or a discernment of spirits then I wouldn't feel so uneasy.  I wonder if you should leave. I wonder if you should go to others in the church and make your concerns known and pray for the revelation of the Holy Spirit?  And if necessary for the removal of this woman who may be a wolf dressed up in sheeps clothing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Well, that is defiantly not the gifts of the spirit, If Satan casts out Satan....

• Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Forgive me for asking, but how does a spiritual attack on a home by a demon manifest itself?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Days Won:  5

I also have a question, what did the presence of this medium feel like next to you? I don't know but it sounds to me like your pastor mixes the world with the Word as she does and that's always a dangerous combination, you can't walk one hand with the Lord and the other with the enemy. From what I've read and understand, mediums and clairvoyants originally learned their so called gifts from fallen angels, most have forgotten where this knowledge came from making it easier to fall in that deceiving trap.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Leave that church. It permits forbidden things and even encourages it. They are not open to correction.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Days Won:  9

Please, heed our witness, this is not of God, these supernatural, paranormal abilities are lying wonders to deceive, believe it, it will open doors you do not want opened.

Better to say aloud, The Lord (Christ) rebuke you!

God blss your situation

Well, that is defiantly not the gifts of the spirit, If Satan casts out Satan....

?? Not sure who you are talking to in this one?

Forgive me for asking, but how does a spiritual attack on a home by a demon manifest itself?

Hey Peace. an attack on my home came through my little girl. She was 4 at the time and her dad had taken her to watch Toy Story. When she came home she was acting out and feeling ill.  I put it down to tiredness and excitement.  But it didn't get better, the next day it was worse and I was afraid for her and had a very uneasy feeling in my spirit. I prayed and asked God that if this was a spiritual attack that my daughter would slap me in the face.  I wanted to make sure of what I was dealing with.  Not more than 5 minutes later, my little one, who had never hit me before, slapped me in the face.  So I prayed Psalm 91 over her, over my home and my family.  There have been other minor things that Satan has tried to use to kill my kids and harm myself and my loved ones, but God is faithful and he has always put the enemy under His feet.