Happy101

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Yesterday after I helped my elderly neighbor catch her dog, she and I sat down at her home and she got telling me about miracles. But it seems a bit far fetched to me and I don't understand it. Her topic was about Katt Kerr an Christian? who has been to heaven supposedly and was able to see and hear those who are in heaven. And says that heaven is much like here on earth. And has used these visits or visions to help comfort the grieving. My neighbor calls this an miracle. Can anyone explain this to me?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. 

This is what happened when someone gets born again. They are translated into the Kingdom of God. Most Christians do not have a clue to what this means. It requires faith and belief in the Word of God to be able to experience this in their life. Exercising our spiritual senses is a must to be able to see and understand this. We are so use to using our physical senses and never use the spiritual senses that come to ones heart after receiving a new heart. There are limits to our ability to grasp spiritual things unless we know that we have this ability and use them. The Apostle Paul could not teach certain things to a group of believers because they never exercised their senses to discern between good and evil.

Heb 5:12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 
Heb 5:13  For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 
Heb 5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. 
Edited by CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I would advise caution in believing this.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I would advise caution in believing this.

I agree. Many people claim to have had views of heaven. Always take these things with a strong pinch of Lot's wife.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

This sounds very much like the Book and now Movie 'Heaven is for real'. Maybe you might want to read/watch and able to glean more insight/belief, one way or another.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

There are many people claiming these things but very few are credible. Most want to sell books or gain noteriety, profiting from the Christian faith.

The only things that we can believe for sure are written in the Bible. So the things that agree with Scripture are more believable.

I am more apt to give some belief to the accounts of people who were brought back to life in hospitals but who have not profited from their experiences. I personly have known 2 of these. One was a 4 year old child. I met a third man whose claims were extremely scriptural and many things I had also experienced in other ways. I am inclined to believe his account as well, since as I listened the Holy Spirit kept bring to my rememberance scriptures that echoed his statements. The things I heard him say were not far fetched such as that there was no smell of decay. He was groping for words to discribe what he saw and heard. If nothing else it brought those coroberating scriptures alive to me.

However, the Kat Kerr person and others who claim to have been having visions of heaven, hell and the tribulation seem to be using them and godliness as a means of gain.. They seem to be claiming to be prohets, and many of their details of heaven are not in scripture. We are told to beware of these people and even avoid them. Paul spoke of seeing unmentionable visions of heaven that were accompanied by an affliction to keep him humble. One of the badges of his preaching was that he did not ask for support and sometimes even refused to accept it..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

The Apostle Paul describes an experience;

2 Corinthians 12:2-4

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

The Apostle John describes how he received the visions of Revelations;

Revelation 1:10-11

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

So it’s possible for such testimonies to be true. However scripture is our highest authority. Whether these testimonies are true or not, they can never legitimately circumvent our trust in the testimony of scripture. It’s ok to listen with interest, but we must rest our trust upon the Word of God alone. The same is true for all preaching and testimony. We should get to know God through His word; enabling us to;

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And to;

1 Thessalonians 5:21

21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

If I want to know about miracles, all I have to do is open up my Bible and read Matthew straight on through to the end of Acts. Any miracle that doesn't point to Jesus is at best a distraction and a waste of time.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I haven't seen "Heaven is for Real" yet, but I will when it goes on DVD. I do know this boy had a NE, and I've read several NDE's. I've noticed people tend to see what they believe they will see. What makes this boy's experiance unique is he came back with knowledge of sister he almost had, but his mother had miscarried that child. So unless they're lying to sell the book, this boy really was on a spiritual plane. But he also saw dogs and cats, and I've heard there won't be animals in Heaven. It's also noteworthy that Catholics who have NDE's often see Mother Mary and purgatory. Maybe this is all real, and still people see what they believe.

I have heard of one thing people of various denominations have seen, and some who saw this had a vision, not a NDE. Because of this, I consider this most likely true. It varies in how folks see this, but it's a river flowing into a big body of water. Some see it as a river of people flowing into a larger group of people. One man who saw this was told these are all the people typical Christians think won't get into Heaven, but these are. The man who saw this as a vision said he was told these are people from other religions who had a heart for God during their life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

the Katt Kerr vids are on youtube, but, as folk say, discernment and wisdom are needed, and a healthy pinch of salt.