Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I've been thinking lately about what the image of the beast might be.  I think its an important subject because believers are going to give up their lives rather than worship it.  I'm using the premise that the beast that comes out of the sea in Revelation 13 is a fallen angel who oversees the final world power based on Daniel 10 and the fact that he comes up out of the abyss.  Its an important characterization to make since the image is a likeness of this beast.

The verses that describe the image of the beast:

And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. And he performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life. And there was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast might even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. Revelation 13:11-15

From this passage we know the following characteristics of the image of the beast:

• The image is of the beast that was wounded and came back to life. This is the beast with seven heads and ten horns.
  • The beast with two horns initiates it.
  • Those that dwell on the earth make it.
  • Breath is given to the image by the beast with two horns.
  • The image speaks and causes those who do not worship it to die.

Working with the premise that the seven-headed, ten-horned beast is an evil angel and is causing this final kingdom to exercise dominion, an image or likeness of this beast would reflect that dominion.  There is only one image and the people of the earth make it.  Because of that description, I don't see it as being a statue or anything physical.  The only thing that I've been able to come up with that fits is that the image is a code of laws that the people collaborate on that expresses the authority of the false prophet (antichrist) and allegiance to him.  He gives breath to this image by enacting it as law.  Part of this law will likely have the ultimatum of "worship or die" in it.  People demonstrate their worship, that they've bought into his claim as god, by receiving the mark.  With the mark presumably being detectable electronically, the image can "speak" through technology identifying  who has the mark and who doesn't, kind of the ultimate worldwide surveillance.

I'm interested in other viewpoints on this topic.  I consider it to be one of the most important concepts to contemplate.  In offering another perspective, please address all five characteristics of the image listed above.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I do not know who the image of the beast is. but it can be spiritual or physical. There might be a great statue or something like the king of babylon made in daniels day where all will have to worship. But we know that anti-christ will make his strange god known- who is to tell how

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

what about Rev 17:15 is it in play

what about Rev 17:15 is it in play

Not sure if that's directed at me but I think Rev 17:18 is related to Rev 17:15 describing where the harlot sits.  A description, IMO, that fits NYC.  I don't see it as related to the image.

I think its a statue because of revelation 13:15.

Can you elaborate? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In 1965 I saw an image of Abraham Lincoln that gave a speech that was so real that from the audience you could not tell that the robot was not actually real.....    considering the things that have progressed in the past 45 years, I would think that the image could be several things.....   I don't think what it is is as important as what it says.     If I had to choose I think I would pick a hologram.   The newer ones are remarkable.

In 1965 I saw an image of Abraham Lincoln that gave a speech that was so real that from the audience you could not tell that the robot was not actually real.....    considering the things that have progressed in the past 45 years, I would think that the image could be several things.....   I don't think what it is is as important as what it says.     If I had to choose I think I would pick a hologram.   The newer ones are remarkable.

That could be.  The thing that keeps me from seeing it as a tangible thing is that those who dwell on the earth make it.  It seems more like a collective effort thing that everyone has a hand in making.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Please stay on topic. I removed have the thread as it was going off topic.

Guest Jesse

I've been thinking lately about what the image of the beast might be.  I think its an important subject because believers are going to give up their lives rather than worship it.  I'm using the premise that the beast that comes out of the sea in Revelation 13 is a fallen angel who oversees the final world power based on Daniel 10 and the fact that he comes up out of the abyss.  Its an important characterization to make since the image is a likeness of this beast.

The verses that describe the image of the beast:

And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. And he performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life. And there was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast might even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. Revelation 13:11-15

From this passage we know the following characteristics of the image of the beast:

• The image is of the beast that was wounded and came back to life. This is the beast with seven heads and ten horns.
  • The beast with two horns initiates it.
  • Those that dwell on the earth make it.
  • Breath is given to the image by the beast with two horns.
  • The image speaks and causes those who do not worship it to die.

Working with the premise that the seven-headed, ten-horned beast is an evil angel and is causing this final kingdom to exercise dominion, an image or likeness of this beast would reflect that dominion.  There is only one image and the people of the earth make it.  Because of that description, I don't see it as being a statue or anything physical.  The only thing that I've been able to come up with that fits is that the image is a code of laws that the people collaborate on that expresses the authority of the false prophet (antichrist) and allegiance to him.  He gives breath to this image by enacting it as law.  Part of this law will likely have the ultimatum of "worship or die" in it.  People demonstrate their worship, that they've bought into his claim as god, by receiving the mark.  With the mark presumably being detectable electronically, the image can "speak" through technology identifying  who has the mark and who doesn't, kind of the ultimate worldwide surveillance.

I'm interested in other viewpoints on this topic.  I consider it to be one of the most important concepts to contemplate.  In offering another perspective, please address all five characteristics of the image listed above.

Themessenger.

The image of the beast could be the new Laws and rules and regulations.

The beast that came out of the earth is the man with all the miracles.

He also is the son of perdition; and is the false prophet.

The seven headed beast: five are fallen: one is:this is the old roman empire in John's time period.

Which was the sixth. The seventh is today's roman empire;which is the british empire.(the feet mixed with clay in Dan.2).

The last empire of men is the ten toes (Dan.2) Which is the nwo coming.

At the coming only the ten horned beast and the false prophet is cast into the fire.

Satan locked up. His angels are free;because God is not finished with His plan. 

I think its a statue because of revelation 13:15.

Can you elaborate?

sure thing. Rev. 13:15... and he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast would both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should not be killed.

ok first off the book of daniel is the go to source for an idea of what it will be like. Nebuchadnezzar was after all the king of babylon. King nebuchadnezzar decreed that all who do not fall down and worship the edifus when the music plays they got killed. Very similar to the above scripture. It says also that he gave life unto the image of the beast that it should speak. If we take a gander at the word life we see it literaly means "breath." This also means at one point the image didnt speak. What dont normaly speak that would decieve the masses if all of the sudden it could speak?.... a statue. I read a post by another forum member that said it could be a hologram, not to call that forum member out and say they are wrong, but lets also keep in mind that the beast will be doing miracles and this will be done by the power of darkness, not computerized software/hardware. This is going to be the ultimate spiritual battle on earth and the only hope one has of not being decieved by darkness is if they are covered in The Blood of The Lamb. Also everywhere else in The Book when it says image it means a stock or stone, a little idol, or in the case of the book of Daniel, a really big statue.

*** fixed ***

How do those who dwell on the earth make it, and if its a fallen angel, what do they make it to look like?  Thoughts?