mevosper

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

While reading through 2 Ki 18, Rabshakeh is taunting the "Judahs" (Israelites had been carried away to Assyria by this point), and King Hezekiah. 

This verse got my attention: 

2 Kings 18:29 "Then Rabshakeh stood and cried with a loud voice in the Jews' language, and spake, saying, Hear the word of the great king, the king of Assyria"

Rabshakeh cried the word of the king of Assyria. Was it the king's actual words? I don't think we are told. But Rabshakeh was Sennacherib's representative. He had the full authority of the King. He was his voice. I've seen this same sort of thing in Lord Of The Rings, The Return Of The King. The ugly guy couldn't see worth a ... umm, but he was certainly the voice of Sauron. 

Curious question: Who is the herald of God's voice today? And how do you test those voices? 

I have to go to the Word. We can listen to any man, but how do I know that is the voice of God? The Bible has got to be my standard. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Curious question: Who is the herald of God's voice today? And how do you test those voices? 

I have to go to the Word. We can listen to any man, but how do I know that is the voice of God? The Bible has got to be my standard.

A herald would be any born again believer who will stand up and speak proclaiming the Word of the Lord out loud. A messenger for God like glad we herald the message of his coming is and example. You will know the voice of God in people you hear because they will speak what is found in the Bible. You should study and meditate on the word of God reading the word. So that when others speak the word of God you will hear it within their speech. It is important to know what is in the Bible for yourself and rely on God to keep your heart and not trust solely in the voice of others. I'm glad you chose the Bible as your standard.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

You have wolves in sheeps clothing to worry about.  But there are ambassadors of God around which is anyone who has the indwelling of the holy spirit.  Also in the NT it seemed like the religious people were the ones who disbelieved the most.  Just my 2c.