Openly Curious

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

Just thought I would share this concerning the month of August 2014. This particular month of August 2014 only comes around every 823 years supposedly will we be privileged to see it as something that is extremely rare. The Chinese call it Silver Pockets. This month will have in it 5 Fridays, 5 Saturday's and 5 Sundays that is something I've never seen before.

AUGUST 2014

Sun     Mon     Tues     Wed     Thur     Fri     Sat

1        2
  3          4           5           6          7       8        9
1o        11         12         13        14     15      16
17        18         19         20        21     22      23
24        25         26         27        28     29      3o

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/trivia/fivedays.asp

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/823-years.html

:whistling:

Deu 4:19  And beware lest you raise your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and bow down to them and serve them, things that the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven. 

Every day is a Blessing.  :thumbsup:

Col 2:8  See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. 
Col 2:9  For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 
Col 2:10  and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

...and I thought this would be about the silver sockets of the tabernacle. Certainly a more biblical topic than astrology?

"Silver" is an interesting word study. From the Law the silver temple coin was redemption (or blood) money; with Joseph and he pit it was the price paid so his brothers would not have blood on their hands; and Judas declares as he throws the pieces of silver on the ground "I have betrayed innocent blood". Silver seems to be frequently related to blood and redemption.

Regarding the tabernacle, the outer court's furnishings were brass which relates to judgment- the brass altar and laver, and the fence posts rested on brass sockets. But once inside the court, the rest of the tabernacle building rested on silver sockets. So, as you approach from afar, you see nothing but the white fence- His righteousness supported by His judgment; then once inside through the one gate, you progress past the sacrifice and washing and then are you eligible to enter His presence in the Holy Place which rests on His blood. That's the summary version...

Every aspect of the tabernacle speaks of Christ, and it's one of the most fascinating studies to undertake!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting I guess. But I do not think it makes any real difference  in my life how many Fridays, Saturdays, Or Sundays are in a month. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

I am sorry but this is hogwash - the last occurrence was in August 2008 while the next occurrence will take place in August 2025

A friend of mine sent me this information in an e-mail.  I thought it was interesting is all when I read it.  There was no history or background given in the information that was sent to me.  Just that it was a rare occassion and that the Chinese called it Silver Pockets.   My apologies if the information was incorrect.  But I would not have known that if I wouldn't have shared it

Also I want to make it abundantly clear that I do not believe in, nor dabble in, nor promote astrology in any way shape or form.  So if some got the idea I was that it not true.

...and I thought this would be about the silver sockets of the tabernacle. Certainly a more biblical topic than astrology?

"Silver" is an interesting word study. From the Law the silver temple coin was redemption (or blood) money; with Joseph and he pit it was the price paid so his brothers would not have blood on their hands; and Judas declares as he throws the pieces of silver on the ground "I have betrayed innocent blood". Silver seems to be frequently related to blood and redemption.

Regarding the tabernacle, the outer court's furnishings were brass which relates to judgment- the brass altar and laver, and the fence posts rested on brass sockets. But once inside the court, the rest of the tabernacle building rested on silver sockets. So, as you approach from afar, you see nothing but the white fence- His righteousness supported by His judgment; then once inside through the one gate, you progress past the sacrifice and washing and then are you eligible to enter His presence in the Holy Place which rests on His blood. That's the summary version...

Every aspect of the tabernacle speaks of Christ, and it's one of the most fascinating studies to undertake!

I would be interested in such a thread if you started one. It seems you have something to offer.