FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So I just recently got back into church, when you want God's Blessing, Hebrew 10:24-25, you definitely need to be in His House.  Been going to the church that the rest of my family goes too (not sure if this is where God wants me, but until I find somewhere else, it will do).  But at times I think in the Sunday School class I say to much.  I think of the following verses:

1)  Keep thy foot when thou goest to the House of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

2)  Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thy heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2

I mean I share things from the Bible, but I always try to give others a chance to speak and share.   Bbuutt..., this past Sunday, near the close of the Sunday School Class, I kinda of sorta didn't, I asked family about it, they said I was fine, just not sure I just felt like maybe I violated these verses.

Although I really think these verses are speaking of making rash vows to God.  So when do you consider it good to share in God's Word, and when to just to plain shut up?

Although I really think these verses are speaking of making rash vows to God.  So when do you consider it good to share in God's Word, and when to just to plain shut up?

:thumbsup:

Sometimes You Make An Offering

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21

Sometimes Not So Much

Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. Acts 16:6-7

Guest Butero

As long as you are not out of order, you are fine.  Many Sunday School teachers love input from the students in the class.  I used to teach adult Sunday School and was happy to let people share opinions.  On the other hand, there are teachers that like to just lecture.  They don't want interruptions.  It depends on the structure of the class.  It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

depending on the situation. You probably did just fine.

I am more thinking of situations where I am sharing the gospel, and especially with people who are not yet familiar with Jesus on a personal level.

In the beginning it's pretty easy to detect whether or not they are willingly taking part in that kind of conversation, but if the Spirit joins the spot, and the other person even wants to get Jesus in their heart, that's the issue. Of course, you would want to give every possible blessing you can think because there's no greater joy than for someone to find the Way home.

What I've come to think of, is like giving appetizers. You need to leave some room for the meal, so don't just shove it on. They will find their way to God if they are hungry for Him.

Our example should be like a delicious aroma from a tasty meal; it turns on their hunger for God.

Just a though.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Without being there noone can really answer that honestly,,,,but because you are reminded of Scripture, maybe the Holy Spirit is convicting you? Im sure if you pray and ask the Lord, He will answer you gently, one way or another.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God may be teaching you how to walk softly in obedience to Him. Knowing when to keep quiet can be important. Just be sensitive to the next time you start to feel uneasy about talking and stop. Taming the tongue can be very hard. Just try to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.

Guest Geoff Primanti

So I just recently got back into church, when you want God's Blessing, Hebrew 10:24-25, you definitely need to be in His House.  Been going to the church that the rest of my family goes too (not sure if this is where God wants me, but until I find somewhere else, it will do).  But at times I think in the Sunday School class I say to much.  I think of the following verses:

1)  Keep thy foot when thou goest to the House of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

2)  Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thy heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2

I mean I share things from the Bible, but I always try to give others a chance to speak and share.   Bbuutt..., this past Sunday, near the close of the Sunday School Class, I kinda of sorta didn't, I asked family about it, they said I was fine, just not sure I just felt like maybe I violated these verses.

Just let the Holy Spirit lead you in this; it's a faith thing.