Seeking1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Most of the time when I hear God actually verbally with my ears he's telling me,  "NO, don't do that."   or something of that nature.

God audibly speaks through the air to you and you hear him with your natural, fleshly ears? You said "most of the time" so this is a common occurrence, I am not trying to be mean, you are one of my favorites, but come on, do you know what you are saying. I am your friend.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Most of the time when I hear God actually verbally with my ears he's telling me,  "NO, don't do that."   or something of that nature.

God audibly speaks through the air to you and you hear him with your natural, fleshly ears? You said "most of the time" so this is a common occurrence, I am not trying to be mean, you are one of my favorites, but come on, do you know what you are saying. I am your friend.

yes I do mean that......   and it's kept me from disaster more than once.    I don't know if it is from my fleshly ears or directly into my mind, for there really isn't any way to know since you mind actually is what hears and understands sound.....    were my ear drums vibrating.......   I don't have any way of knowing.....      comes with living on the edge I guess.... 

yes I do mean that......   and it's kept me from disaster more than once.    I don't know if it is from my fleshly ears or directly into my mind, for there really isn't any way to know since you mind actually is what hears and understands sound.....    were my ear drums vibrating.......   I don't have any way of knowing.....      comes with living on the edge I guess....

On one hand you afirm that God audibly speak to you then you say that you don't know with you fleshly ears or he put it in your spirit, the is ambiguity there. I am your friend just desiring a full understanding of the matter and I think that it is beneficial to all to have this cleared up. The people of God heard him speak out of the air and they beg him, speak to Moses and he will relay your message.

So forth and so on.

On one hand you afirm that God audibly speak to you then you say that you don't know with you fleshly ears or he put it in your spirit, the is ambiguity there. I am your friend just desiring a full understanding of the matter and I think that it is beneficial to all to have this cleared up. The people of God heard him speak out of the air and they beg him, speak to Moses and he will relay your message.

So forth and so on.

No I didn't say it was in my spirit I said it was in my head......   when you hear something your ear drums wiggle and the little hairs in your inner ear  send signals to the circuits in your brain and your brain makes sense of it and you perceive it as sound.........    so just to give you some slack I mentioned that he might have put it directly into those circuits in my brain, however it sounded like it came from my ears.........     don't spiritualist something that is clearly not.     When he speaks spiritually you just know what he says but not hear the words....

Considering the times this has happened to me i would not wish it on you or anyone......   he kept me from being across the street under that old oak tree when Tim McVey blew up the Federal Building.  That would have been 91 feet from the truck with 5,000 pounds of nitrate explosives and nothing between us but one line of cars.

One learns to listen to that voice....   real or perceived.

But you can take it or leave it for in the scheme of things it really doesn't matter.

So forth and so on.

No I didn't say it was in my spirit I said it was in my head......   when you hear something your ear drums wiggle and the little hairs in your inner ear  send signals to the circuits in your brain and your brain makes sense of it and you perceive it as sound.........    so just to give you some slack I mentioned that he might have put it directly into those circuits in my brain, however it sounded like it came from my ears.........     don't spiritualist something that is clearly not
Backing off, clearly, I have offended. I was just thinking of the babes in Christ and the Novice hearing that God speaks to you by vocal vibrations in the air, why doesn't he speak to me that way.

Making myself scarce.

So forth and so on.

No I didn't say it was in my spirit I said it was in my head......   when you hear something your ear drums wiggle and the little hairs in your inner ear  send signals to the circuits in your brain and your brain makes sense of it and you perceive it as sound.........    so just to give you some slack I mentioned that he might have put it directly into those circuits in my brain, however it sounded like it came from my ears.........     don't spiritualist something that is clearly not
Backing off, clearly, I have offended. I was just thinking of the babes in Christ and the Novice hearing that God speaks to you by vocal vibrations in the air, why doesn't he speak to me that way.

Making myself scarce.

maybe you don't do really dumb things to cause near disasters......   and maybe you don't have the devil riding your back day and night....  I really tee'd him off about 30 years ago.

Just for the record I am not offended in the least...  I just wanted you to understand what I was trying to say...   If you think I'm just skitziod, that's ok too......   but I'm still alive from it.

Just for the record I am not offended in the least...  I just wanted you to understand what I was trying to say...   

Praise God that your not offended.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

Jesus also says directly that unsaved men CAN falsely call him "Lord" in Matthew 7:22-23:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Therefore, it is appropriate to put "1 Corinthians 12:3" into a greater context since it seems to contradict "Matthew 7:22-23" if taken at face value.

However, notice that Jesus NEVER says that demons (who are spirits NOT flesh) can do this! There is NO example in the entire Bible of demons actually doing this either! If anyone can provide a single verse where this occurs, I will stand corrected. I have read the King James Version three times now with audio, and I have never seen this happen once! Therefore, there is no seemingly contradictory verse in conflict with "1 John 4:1-3," unlike "Matthew 7:22-23" and "1 Corinthians 12:3." Thus, I believe that "1 John 4:1-3" should be taken literally when it says EVERY spirit!

I will warn that I could be wrong here, but it doesn't seem like I should be. Any other thoughts, both for or against? Thanks!

First, Matt 7 and 1 Cor 12 do not contradict each other. You for some reason assume that the people in Matt 7 that call Him "Lord" are unsaved, which is not the case. These people were saved, at one point at least, they even try to prove that to Jesus, because they are surprised that they are not entering heaven. 

Unsaved people do not cast out demons, they first of all can't (see the sons of Sceva) and then usually why would they want to, or prophesy and teach etc. You need the Holy Spirit and His power to do that. Rather these people lost their salvation since they did not obey God and kept leading a lawless, sinful life (workers of iniquity). 

Further I think the context in 1 John 4 is meant in a way of confessing with your total conviction, not just saying it. Demons know that Jesus came in the flesh and actually they say it in other words:

Matt 8:29

And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”

They "confess" here that Jesus is the Son of God, meaning that He is God that has come in the flesh, since He is standing right in front of them in the flesh, but the very thought of it even is tormenting them and they are afraid at the same time. Like James 2:19 says:

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

If that is all that is needed, to confess this, then demons would be honored by God when He says in:

Lk12:8

Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God.

...Since they did this right there with other people standing around hearing them.  Scripture will always line up with other scripture in context.

Rom 10:9-10 again talks about confession to be saved:

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Demons know now, after the cross, that Jesus was raised from the dead, they believe it and the confess that Jesus is the Son of God, but they still won't be saved by that.

I heard demons say that "Jesus is Lord" before myself, you can even make them say it, but a the same time they hate it, it torments them. So just saying the words alone, I strongly believe, is not meant to be used as a spiritual discernment. Anyways there is the gift of spiritual discernment, one needs to have the gift by the Holy Spirit to really know what they are dealing with.

Edited by Warrior777

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

Yes, sometimes God still speaks audibly. I have heard His voice before several times. E.g., once heard someone saying something to me, I turned around and there was nobody behind me and the other times He called my name and I thought it was a friend (sounded like him) calling from the other room and I went there but nobody did call. Other times His voice woke me up calling my name again. Don't know why, but several times I could literally say I heard it with my ears not only in my head. And yes, I know it was from God and not another voice (scripture reference would be Samuel who thought Eli was calling him).

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Seeking 1,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy.......I am so glad you are here,no doubt lead here by our Loving Father & I praise Him & Give Him all Glory!! I am sorry I will not really comment on your OP because I do not have the patience this morning to read such a long,long,long article.........I would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to simply rely on the Holy Spirit for the discernment you seek....you have read the Scriptures,it doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is........what you/we hear with our ears & judge with our unreliable hearts & minds of flesh will never do to discern the spirits,,,,it is only of effect when we walk in Spirit & in Truth with Gods Holy Spirit ......He will reveal these things to you,Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik