dscapp

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

How do people who believe that OSAS is false...... sleep at night.

I honestly want to know, what are there sleeping patterns like.

How do they sleep knowing they could lose their salvation at any time.

A fun thread.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I don't believe in OSAS, I don't believe that is scriptural. How do I sleep at night? simple. I close my eyes, and I fall asleep. See, to me heres the thing-its not a salvation issue, does it really matter? Lets look at this, if you see someone who claimed to be a christian-and now isn't there is only 3 possible options:

1. They were never saved to begin with (possible with both theories)

2. They are backslidden (possible with both theories)

3. They have walked away from the faith (Only possible if you believe you can)

Now, heres the thing-what is the answer, in all 3 different scenarios. First off, its not our place to judge their salvation-thats between them and God. But if we see someone not walking in faith, the answer is to pray for them, and witness to them, and love on them and try to get them back on the right walk with God. So no matter how you look at it, the answer is the same-and no matter how you look at it, it doesn't change the gospel message. So instead of us each sitting on top of each others high horses and yelling "IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG!" how about we pray for the lost, help the weak, and disciple the young in faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

I do not believe in OSAS and agree with the comments of both Cletus and Patriot. 

We have to earnestly contend for the faith and if our faith gets shipwrecked or we cast our faith aside then one has reason for tossing and turning.  None of us should be boasting no matter what our personal beliefs may be.  For the just shall live by faith.  It is important for all of us to live what we believe and to do what is right in God's eyes.

A fun thread.

~

Honestly Beloved, One Saved Always Saved

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Or Assurance Of Salvation Through Abiding Faithfulness

It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 2 Timothy 2:11-14

I Know It Is Really All About Jesus Christ And Him Crucified

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. Romans 5:9

And Not About Any Keeping Power

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Of Mine

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

~

Abide In Him

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

And Be Blessed Beloved

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

For His Name's

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:3(b)

Sake

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

I

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

Am Blessed

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Paul wrote a letter to the Galatians warning them of their faith being twisted and using words like "have you experienced so much in vain" and in general telling them they would be cursed for believing like they were believing.  They were saved and their faiths, although still believing in Jesus, were twisted and it displeased God.  Don't you know Aarons sons offered strange fire to God and were consumed?  You can believe in God, but you have to believe in God in his way.  This is why I believe in Jesus according to the OT sacrificial laws.  It's actually why I believe all sin was taken at his baptism.  Then all sin was crucified at his cross.  

OSAS is very hard to believe in.  Because you turn a blind eye to many scriptures, which are very numerous.

Edited by Wildstar

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

A fun thread.

I sleep just fine, and I know OSAS to be false :D the scriptures teach that those genuinely saved will (by the grace of God alone) persevere in the faith, and so make it to heaven's glory, once saved always saved (in my opinion) potentially breeds an unbiblical reliance upon a one time profession of belief - a reliance that I just don't see any basis for in scripture.

The bottom line is that once you're saved and born again, you can't be unsaved. You can't keep going back and forth. It's simply not based on biblical logic. Once the Holy Spirit indwells you, he doesn't leave you because you made a mistake or sinned. You can't just stop believing there's a God when the Holy Spirit already came to you and proved to you that he existed. Believing and faith only comes once. Once you believe that's it, you will be believe until the day you die, regardless of what sin you committed under the blood of Christ. That is unconditional love, and that is what God is.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Let me clear something up. I don't think God will ever leave you. Its not a "you messed up and your out" that clearly is unscriptural. God will never leave or forsake you. But that doesn't mean you can't forsake Him and walk away from your own salvation. We don't become robots upon salvation we still have free choice-we can't have free choice unless we have the ability to walk away. Without that we are no more then Robots-and if God wanted robots He would have never made the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

I like how you come in on your high horse-tell us were all wrong and don't list a single scripture. Fresno did but you didn't. See what OSAS always overlook is the parable of the seeds. There are multiple examples of where the seed takes root-and then dies away for various reasons. If the seed took root-then the persons saved. But if their faith dies. . .

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The bottom line is that once you're saved and born again, you can't be unsaved. You can't keep going back and forth. It's simply not based on biblical logic. Once the Holy Spirit indwells you, he doesn't leave you because you made a mistake or sinned. You can't just stop believing there's a God when the Holy Spirit already came to you and proved to you that he existed. Believing and faith only comes once. Once you believe that's it, you will be believe until the day you die, regardless of what sin you committed under the blood of Christ. That is unconditional love, and that is what God is.

so what did these people do wrong to end up in hell.

Matt 25:31-26:1

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

NASB

so I ask, did these people believe?

Or these?

Matt 7:21-23

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.' 

NASB

OSAS along with "Believing Only Salvation" is a very dangerous theology combination...

If the seed took root-then the persons saved. But if their faith dies. . .

But why would their faith die if the Holy Spirit never died inside of them.