dscapp

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

now it's not as simple as you made it sound a couple of posts ago..

it is simple, if you're born again you're going to heaven. apostates are not born again christians.

I recommend looking into the 6th and tenth chapter of hebrews as well as the first chapter of acts concerning judas iscariot.

Hi Cletus. But Judas existed before the resurrection. The job of the Holy Spirit had different responsibilities before and after resurrection.

I recommend looking into the 6th and tenth chapter of hebrews as well as the first chapter of acts concerning judas iscariot.

Hi Cletus. But Judas existed before the resurrection. The job of the Holy Spirit had different responsibilities before and after resurrection.

Thats unrelated. Besides its a moot point anyway, I was quoting from chapter one in acts, pentecost aint till chapter two. Whatever you would like to define Gods responsibilitys as, has nothing to do with OUR own responsibilities. Furthermore what happened to ananias and sapphira for telling porkie pies to the Holy Ghost? They died. Thats after pentecost and the resurection. You can read about that in acts chapter 5.

Well it's kinda relevant because the reason scripture talks about being sealed until redemption is because,

when Jesus died on the cross he sealed up prophecy and salvation by the shedding of blood.

John 10:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

There was no seal in the body of Christ before he died, therefore it wasn't finished yet.

Before resurrection, the Holy Spirit simply did what he needed to do to get the job done.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

I am with Patriot, otherone and cletus on this matter. Explained well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If the seed took root-then the persons saved. But if their faith dies. . .

But why would their faith die if the Holy Spirit never died inside of them.

In the parable the plants died. Period. If you walk away from Christ then your faith dies. Its pretty simple. Ignoring/blowing off scripture like this won't give you any credibility in my book.

In the parable the plants died. Period. If you walk away from Christ then your faith dies. Its pretty simple. Ignoring/blowing off scripture like this won't give you any credibility in my book.

Well, there's a reason why it's called a parable. The same way Luke 16:19-31 is not describing heaven or hell, rather it's simply describing our relationship with God. When you accepted Jesus as savior you had faith that he was God. You don't just stop believing or stop having faith that he is God. The Holy Spirit doesn't erase his existence from your memory. That's silly. Your faith doesn't die, it may grow a little weak at times but it doesn't die. Mainly because it's impossible for the Holy Spirit to die. Jesus wasn't resurrected just so he can die again. Also silly.

None of the scriptures you have provided say anything about what happens if you turn and walk away from God. Repent literaly means to turn away from sin. To walk away. Apostasy literaly means to turn from God and walk away. You cannot serve sin and God. It comes down to a choice which one we will serve. Osas cherry picks the good scriptures but ignores the ones that say there is consequences. If someone warned me of danger, I would want to know about it and would not take it lightly.

But there's a difference between a nonbeliever repenting and a believer repenting. When a nonbeliever repents he is accepting God's salvation. When a believer repents, he is simply drawing closer to God. The believer already accepted God's salvation years ago. Let's say a believer committed a sin yesterday and did not repent. The next day he drove to work and died in a car crash. This believer Cletus is still going to heaven because his sins were already covered when he became born again. That's what the blood of Jesus represents. It doesn't mean you should keep sinning and walk away from God. It simply means God is unconditional love, no more no less.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I'm sure this will not be a popular view. But I believe like dscapp in OSAS.

Perhaps though Dscapp you could be a little more loving and gracious towards people in your wording? You might find that people are more willing to listen to what you have to say that way. Just a thought brother/sister. :)

Consider God's Word:

Phil 2:3

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Gal. 6:1
Brothers,if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Eph. 4:32
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

1 Pet. 5:5

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

God bless,
GE

I'm sure this will not be a popular view. But I believe like dscapp in OSAS.

Perhaps though Dscapp you could be a little more loving and gracious towards people in your wording? You might find that people are more willing to listen to what you have to say that way. Just a thought brother/sister. :)

God bless,

GE

Good advice friend. I apologize if I upset anyone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

No worries. Also note I added passages in the Bible I thought I'd share with you in the previous post. But let's consider the "if I upset anyone"... For perspective here was your opening post (Or OP)

How do people who believe that OSAS is false...... sleep at night.

I honestly want to know, what are there sleeping patterns like.

How do they sleep knowing they could lose their salvation at any time.

A fun thread.

What if I were to change the OP to the following? How would you feel when reading it?

How do people who believe that you you can't loose your salvation... sleep at night.

I really honestly want to know, what are the sleeping patterns like.

How do you sleep at night considering all the Bible has to say about the matter?

Oh, this should be a fun thread. ;)

God bless,

GE

No worries. Also note I added passages in the Bible I thought I'd share with you in the previous post. But let's consider the "if I upset anyone"... For perspective here was your opening post (Or OP)

How do people who believe that OSAS is false...... sleep at night.

I honestly want to know, what are there sleeping patterns like.

How do they sleep knowing they could lose their salvation at any time.

A fun thread.

What if I were to change the OP to the following? How would you feel when reading it?

How do people who believe that you you can't loose your salvation... sleep at night.

I really honestly want to know, what are the sleeping patterns like.

How do you sleep at night considering all the Bible has to say about the matter?

Oh, this should be a fun thread. ;)

God bless,

GE

Sure, I think that is best for thread. :)