dscapp

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Read the letters to the churches in Revelations.  Chapters 1-3.  They warn those who are saved and have the Spirit (the Spirit is speaking to his own) to persevere and endure the hardships and then they will be rewarded with the crown of life.  They haven't received it yet, but after that they will.  He warns people in those books to repent or he will take away their lamp (their holy spirit) .  If you read the scriptures in like Ephesians 1:13-14 it says "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,  who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory."  It says that having the holy spirit is a guarantee of your inheritance.  But nowhere does it say you will be saved if you lose His deposit.  

Edited by Wildstar

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

OSAS In my opinion teaches that after baptism you can go on and do whatever you want.

But it doesn't teach that, that's where people err.

If it doesn't, then it has the same effect as the opposite teaching. Of course traditional Christianity does not hold OSAS. If as a Christian you commit Mortal Sin, you turn yourself away from the grace of God and need to repent to come back into that grace. 

But it's not like you just lose salvation arbitrarily. It's only lost if you decide to serve sin instead of God. But you can always come back. 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Exactly my point its talking about our relationship. If our faith dies and we walk away from God-the natural outcome? Your no longer saved.

No, that's not biblical. You can't get saved then unsaved then saved again, then unsaved then saved again, then unsaved then saved again, then unsaved then saved again.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Exactly my point its talking about our relationship. If our faith dies and we walk away from God-the natural outcome? Your no longer saved.

No, that's not biblical. You can't get saved then unsaved then saved again, then unsaved then saved again, then unsaved then saved again, then unsaved then saved again.

Thats very true.

So what do you mean?  How do you get unsaved?

Thats very true.

So what do you mean?  How do you get unsaved?

You can't get unsaved.

You are now a child of God.

God purchased you with his blood,

thus you have been adopted into a heavenly and holy family.

There is no going back, why would you (wanna) go back.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

A Christian can become apostate.. otherwise, the Lord would not have had the need to address it in His Holy Word.

A Christian can become apostate.. otherwise, the Lord would not have had the need to address it in His Holy Word.

But a christian before the resurrection and after the resurrection are not the same.

Guest Butero

I am not OSAS, so how do I sleep at night?  Easy.  I believe what it says in 1 John that if I confess my sins, God is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.  I pray for forgiveness for any sins I have committed or may have committed I am unaware of.  The Lord's prayer teaches us to ask for forgiveness for our sins, as we forgive those that sin against us.  I follow scripture, and sleep very well. 

I am not OSAS, so how do I sleep at night?  Easy.  I believe what it says in 1 John that if I confess my sins, God is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.  I pray for forgiveness for any sins I have committed or may have committed I am unaware of.  The Lord's prayer teaches us to ask for forgiveness for our sins, as we forgive those that sin against us.  I follow scripture, and sleep very well. 

And OSAS agrees with you Butero.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

thank goodness you didn't die.