FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So what are people thoughts on this verse?

Complete Jewish Bible

I answered them, Anyone with gold, strip it off!  So they gave it to me.  I threw it in the fire, and out came the calf.

Exodus 32:24

But we see earlier in this chapter in verse 4, Aaron made the gold into the shape of a calf.

Just wondering what was Aaron trying to do here because in verse 24, he make it sound like the he just put the gold in the fire, and puff, like magic the calf came out of the fire.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

That is exactly what he is trying to do - he is trying to defend his actions and excuse them :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Complete Jewish Bible

I answered them, Anyone with gold, strip it off!  So they gave it to me.  I threw it in the fire, and out came the calf.

But we see earlier in this chapter in verse 4, Aaron made the gold into the shape of a calf.

Just wondering what was Aaron trying to do here because in verse 24, he make it sound like the he just put the gold in the fire, and puff, like magic the calf came out of the fire.

that is what happened.  I would find it disturbing to think the Bible would say something like that and not correct it if it were not true......   such as Aaron just trying to defend himself.   I would expect that the word would tell us if that was the case.   If it does so later I am not aware of it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks Reformed Baptist, and Other One, I was just noticing this verse recently, made me feel real uncomfortable as I have to wonder how many times I have committed sin(s) against God, than tried to excuse myself, for something I did wrong.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Complete Jewish Bible

what about these earlier verses.

do they have something to say

2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.
3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

he took the graving tool to it after it was made into a calf.  He just fancied it up with the tool...   at least that's what I always thought....   maybe I got the idea from the movie????

he took the graving tool to it after it was made into a calf.  He just fancied it up with the tool...   at least that's what I always thought....   maybe I got the idea from the movie????

maybe. I understand it this way, I could be wrong.

they got impatient waiting for Moses to return V4 ( and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf )

if we look here

21 And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them?
22 And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.
23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

I say Aaron was covering his but from the wrath of Moses in this last verse.
What he says happened in V24 does not match what he did in V4.

they got impatient waiting for Moses to return V4 ( and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf )

if we look here

21 And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them?
22 And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.
23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

It says that he made it a molten calf then took the tool to it.  so I ask, did he just lie to Moses and no one confronted him on it?  that seems like a pretty serious kind of thing.  I guess that tends to drive me to my impression of it.

Did I miss anyone asking Aaron about it?     This is just one of those mental things to me, I haven't given it that much thought.....    from my personal experience it would not surprise me that he could have melted the gold and the things just came crawling out of the bucket.  Something that serious had to have the devil involved......    and with God killing so many who worshiped it, it would seem rather odd if God didn't do anything to Aaron for making it.....

if we look here

It says that he made it a molten calf then took the tool to it.  so I ask, did he just lie to Moses and no one confronted him on it?  that seems like a pretty serious kind of thing.  I guess that tends to drive me to my impression of it.

Did I miss anyone asking Aaron about it?     This is just one of those mental things to me, I haven't given it that much thought.....    from my personal experience it would not surprise me that he could have melted the gold and the things just came crawling out of the bucket.  Something that serious had to have the devil involved......    and with God killing so many who worshiped it, it would seem rather odd if God didn't do anything to Aaron for making it.....

v23 implies Moses was gone a long time and they did not think he was coming back Aaron may have feared for his life and made the idol. When Moses questioned Aaron v21 he tried to put blame on the people v 22-v23

these people had been in Egypt 400 years and had grown accustomed to their way of life.

if we look here

v23 implies Moses was gone a long time and they did not think he was coming back Aaron may have feared for his life and made the idol. When Moses questioned Aaron v21 he tried to put blame on the people v 22-v23

these people had been in Egypt 400 years and had grown accustomed to their way of life.

I can see the possibility of that but in reality it would be conjuncture for us to say that is definitely the reality of it......     then it still bothers me that Aaron seems to just skate by with nothing said to him about his actions with any real substance to it.   They killed three thousand people just that day over it.