IGNORED

church cancels gay man's funeral

ayin jade

Guest Butero

Years ago, I worked at a gospel radio station, and we sponsored a gospel sing.  There was a minister that invited one of the groups to sing at their AM service the next day.  It came out that this group was smoking dope in their bus after the concert, so he cancelled their appearance.  They were angry because it was already scheduled, but it was a matter of principle.  These kind of things are conscience issues on the part of the church. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The man deserves a funeral, but in a church?

A funeral is no place for a political statement-

but its a great place for a salvation message.

:thumbsup:

The man deserves a funeral,

but in a church?

:thumbsup:

Kind Of Brings To Mind Dear Lonnie Frisbee

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonnie_Frisbee

I Still Love That Man But Then Again Who Am I

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

So how do you do a service in this case? The husband would expect to be mentioned. Should the church which does not condone gay marriage be forced to acknowledge such a thing? Can they give a beautiful funeral for the friends and family if they pretend the man was not married? How do they address his gay lifestyle, his husband, his friends etc? 

I can see pros and cons to having and not having this funeral in the church. It was not an easy thing for the church. Pretty much a lose-lose situation. I also do not see how they could have used it as a witness. The husband would likely have been offended by it. 

I can see this being used by the pro homosexuality lawyers to force churches to serve the gay population with anything they want, to deny the churches the right of refusal to perform gay marriages, gay funerals etc.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Gay or not, we are all children of God and all need love. I think it's wrong what they did. I don't think Jesus would do so.

Gay or not, we are all children of God and all need love. I think it's wrong what they did. I don't think Jesus would do so.

The truth is that we are all God's creation, but not all are His children. Only those who become part of His FAMILY through faith in His Son, Jesus, have the privilege to be called the children of God.

Funerals can be held anywhere, but the funerals of people who are not believers can easily be held at the funeral home, and not a church that uses its premises to worship God and to bring glory to Him.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The truth is that we are all God's creation, but not all are His children. Only those to become part of His FAMILY through faith in His Son, Jesus, have the privilege to be called the children of God.

Funerals can be held anywhere, but the funerals of people who are not believers can easily be held at the funeral home, and not a church that uses its premises to worship God and to bring glory to Him.

while that is true, Gods Children should honor their commitments....  even when they decide they should not have made them.

The truth is that we are all God's creation, but not all are His children. Only those to become part of His FAMILY through faith in His Son, Jesus, have the privilege to be called the children of God.

while that is true, Gods Children should honor their commitments....  even when they decide they should not have made them.

I don't believe the pastor in this case was apprised of the whole truth of the situation. Despite that, a change of mind based on doing some serious consideration of the situation was warranted.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

As nice as that may sound to say, it is not so.  God is not a father to those who are in flagrant disobedience to His word and have not become His children through

faith in Christ Jesus His Son.

Jesus does not, never has and would not condone sin.  Homosexuality is sin.  

How is it loving to support a sinful lifestyle?

The Bible does not support a homosexual lifestyle; rather, homosexuals who desire to continue in sin, improvise scritpure that they twist to support their sin

and ignore scripture that decries their practices.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.  Galatians 6:7

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

How is a funeral-going to bring that gay man to heaven? It won't. That's foolishness. It can however plant seeds in everyone who attended the service. If we refuse to preach a funeral of a unrepentant sinner-then we should just say no to all funerals of anyone who isn't saved. I mean seriously if were to good to keep our word-and preach the gospel at a funeral to those that need it-how are we supposed to reach the world for Christ?