tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Psalm 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.

Psalm 119:75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Affliction came upon me when I was too stiff-necked to pay attention.  When affliction came, I turned and cried out to my Lord to save me.

But, sadly, there are some who when suffering affliction, they do not turn, but instead get angry and choose more evil:

Job 36:8 And if they are bound in fetters, Held in the cords of affliction, 9 Then He tells them their work and their transgressions-- That they have acted defiantly. 10 He also opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they turn from iniquity. 11 If they obey and serve Him, They shall spend their days in prosperity, And their years in pleasures. 12 But if they do not obey, They shall perish by the sword, And they shall die without knowledge. 13 "But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; They do not cry for help when He binds them. 14 They die in youth, And their life ends among the perverted persons. 15 He delivers the poor in their affliction, And opens their ears in oppression. 16 "Indeed He would have brought you out of dire distress, Into a broad place where there is no restraint; And what is set on your table would be full of richness. 17 But you are filled with the judgment due the wicked; Judgment and justice take hold of you.

Have you been afflicted?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If I understand what you are saying, I have been afflicted on a number of occasions.

I'm talking about the BIG one..........the one that brings you broken and contrite enough to FINALLY repent and realize you NEED Jesus Christ and His Truth, to save you and help you in your whole life.

There was a point in my life where I was so afflicted with trial and tragedy, that I realized I needed Him............I had rebelled way too long.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If being too trustworthy with others is an affliction then I would have to say I am. 

I've made mistakes in judgment and need to be more cautious.

In Christ Love

The affliction I'm talking about is this kind, that brings you to your knees, that God will use to get your attention.  It will change your life if you've been in rebellion to God and His Words.

Psalm 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.

Psalm 119:75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Affliction came upon me when I was too stiff-necked to pay attention.  When affliction came, I turned and cried out to my Lord to save me.

But, sadly, there are some who when suffering affliction, they do not turn, but instead get angry and choose more evil:

Job 36:8 And if they are bound in fetters, Held in the cords of affliction, 9 Then He tells them their work and their transgressions-- That they have acted defiantly. 10 He also opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they turn from iniquity. 11 If they obey and serve Him, They shall spend their days in prosperity, And their years in pleasures. 12 But if they do not obey, They shall perish by the sword, And they shall die without knowledge. 13 "But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; They do not cry for help when He binds them. 14 They die in youth, And their life ends among the perverted persons. 15 He delivers the poor in their affliction, And opens their ears in oppression. 16 "Indeed He would have brought you out of dire distress, Into a broad place where there is no restraint; And what is set on your table would be full of richness. 17 But you are filled with the judgment due the wicked; Judgment and justice take hold of you.

Have you been afflicted?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

When I was 13 I was convicted of sin and repented as led by the Holy Spirit. But I thought that this meant that God was giving me a 2nd chance to be good enough to go to heaven. I had no teaching and when I read the New Testament the passage that stood out was the love passage of 1 Cor. 13. I thought it was beautiful poetry. In the Lutheran confirmation I learned that salvation was by faith alone. But it was through Campus Crusade in 1969 that I realized I was leading a "carnal life" without fellowship with God or a hunger for prayer and bible study. God then led me to a CC Action Group bible study.

In the small group CC bible study I was convicted of my hatred for the unlovable hate filled people in my life, and I fell on my face knowing I was lost without God's intervention. "If someone says 'I love God' and hates his his neighbor he is a liar." 1 John 4:20 It was then that I prayed for Him to come into my life so as to live His life in me, to love the unlovable and to fill me with His Spirit. A couple of months later as I was learning to walk in obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit, I was filled with the comprehension of God's love and provision for His own. At this point I fully surrendered all my questioning and doubts to Him.

A couple of years later He sent His holy bulldozer in to flatten me, rake me and dice me under. This was a chastening to remove the remainder of any self righteousness, or critical spirit, or pride. Over the 40 years since then He has occasionally reminded me of that chastening when those ugly attitudes try to raise their ugly heads, but a reminder is all I need to bring shame and to cry out to God---I never want to go through that kind of crucifixion again.

Each of us is an indiviual and God deals with us that way. With some God uses physical affliction. Some begin easily with true repentance and learn to walk with God at an early age. Some of us are foolish. I was one of those. Having begun in the Spirit, I had been trying to lead the Christian life in the flesh and self effort. Galatians 3:3 NKJV " Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? "

Even knowing that I had been saved by faith, I did not understand that only Christ in me can lead the Christian life through me.

Each of us is an indiviual and God deals with us that way. With some God uses physical affliction. Some begin easily with true repentance and learn to walk with God at an early age. Some of us are foolish. I was one of those.

This is very true, some come to Christ willingly without having to go through the reaping of rebellion that is sown.  I was foolish too, Willamina, and so grateful now for His chastening and affliction that brought me to His Word/His Son, Jesus.

In His Love,

Suzanne