IGNORED

If you meet a switched-on Atheist........

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

.......does that mean that one day he's going to be saved?

The World we're living in is in a terrible mess at the moment, and it's a mess caused by the utmost deceit. How can some people despise Israel so much? Clearly you would think that they were stupid. Can nobody with a bit of Common Sense see that Hamas is responsible for the troubles between the Israelis and the Palestinians?

Another thing. Why do so many people fail to realise just how dangerous Islam is? The World has gone blind.

Also why are so many people falling for New-Age religious nonsense? So many people today deny the very God that made them but they believe in healing crystals, they worship trees or they are into astrology and tarot.... and other such nonsense.

They think that the Bible is full of superstitious nonsense but they fail to see how Global Warming is full of false prophecies yet they allow themselves to be duped by this hoax time and time again.

Of course, I think it's because just as the Bible tells us:- those without God will be deceived.

1st Corinthians 1:18-20
2nd Thessalonians 2:9-12
2nd Timothy 4:3-4

So why is it that occasionally you can meet an Atheist who is not deceived? Somebody who has moral values that God may even be pleased with, somebody that understands how dangerous Islam is, how dangerous Hamas is and who actually supports Israel. How come they are not blind to the truth? Why have they not been deceived? These people do actually exist, you know. It's not very often I hear of one but when I do, I'm pleasantly surprised. I just pray that they find Jesus.

Do you think that these people will one day be saved? God knows whose name is written in the book of life and whose name isn't. Atheists do find Jesus, it does happen. We all must know at least one person who was a non-believer at one time but is a believer today. Some of us here may even be former Atheists.

Are 'enlightened' Atheists merely tomorrow's Christians?

What do you think?

There are many atheists which I would describe as anti-theists (or ignostics), many of which have claimed to study Christianity but really haven't.

Then there are those who have actually studied Christianity but can't bring themselves to accept it. They don't ridicule it though.

I believe many who have studied Christianity but haven't come to Christ will figure out what's going on during the tribulation and repent. Although the ones who ridicule us for believing in an "invisible sky man" likely won't. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'enlighted Atheists' as you put it understand what is going on during the tribulation moreso than christians who claim to know Christ but don't. Just my two cents.

"So why is it that occasionally you can meet an Atheist who is not deceived?" I think they haven't hardened their hearts like many have, maybe Elohim is using them, who knows.

It's interesting you asked this though. I had these thoughts on my mind for a while but haven't discussed them.

There are many atheists which I would describe as anti-theists (or ignostics), many of which have claimed to study Christianity but really haven't.

Then there are those who have actually studied Christianity but can't bring themselves to accept it. They don't ridicule it though.

I believe many who have studied Christianity but haven't come to Christ will figure out what's going on during the tribulation and repent. Although the ones who ridicule us for believing in an "invisible sky man" likely won't. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'enlighted Atheists' as you put it understand what is going on during the tribulation moreso than christians who claim to know Christ but don't. Just my two cents.

"So why is it that occasionally you can meet an Atheist who is not deceived?" I think they haven't hardened their hearts like many have, maybe Elohim is using them, who knows.

It's interesting you asked this though. I had these thoughts on my mind for a while but haven't discussed them.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. God does amazing things. For years I was not a Christian but I am now. Maybe I wasn't ready to believe before but I am now. Maybe you can say the same for other people. God is patient.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. God does amazing things. For years I was not a Christian but I am now. Maybe I wasn't ready to believe before but I am now. Maybe you can say the same for other people. God is patient.

No man can come to me uless the Father draws him.

God knows whom He will draw.

jesse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Hey Oak....

I have heard a lot of things inmy lifetime but that is new one on me......an "enlightened atheist?''  That does not even make any sense,,,,,atheist do not believe there is a God,period....so how are some enlightened?If one does not believe there is a God,Creator,,,,then neither can he believe there is a devil,,,,so what is it that he "sees'?

I do not know that I have ever truly met a real atheist,I am not sure there really is any although they claim to be......I can accept that there are agnostics but the Word of God says that man is without excuse,the Heavens declare His Glory,His Word will be written on mans heart,,,,,,I believe they are trying to convince themselves that there is no God so they do not have to be accountable for the lives they choose to lead........Men know right from wrong,God is evident in His Creation,they can lie to themselves but I don't really buy it.......I think deep down inside they know there is God                                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hey Oak....

I have heard a lot of things inmy lifetime but that is new one on me......an "enlightened atheist?''  That does not even make any sense,,,,,atheist do not believe there is a God,period....so how are some enlightened?If one does not believe there is a God,Creator,,,,then neither can he believe there is a devil,,,,so what is it that he "sees'?

I do not know that I have ever truly met a real atheist,I am not sure there really is any although they claim to be......I can accept that there are agnostics but the Word of God says that man is without excuse,the Heavens declare His Glory,His Word will be written on mans heart,,,,,,I believe they are trying to convince themselves that there is no God so they do not have to be accountable for the lives they choose to lead........Men know right from wrong,God is evident in His Creation,they can lie to themselves but I don't really buy it.......I think deep down inside they know there is God                                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

Sometimes it's difficult to choose the correct words. I picked the expression 'enlightened' Atheist because I couldn't think of a better term. Forget what I've called them. My description should be self-explanatory and don't forget that anything in quote marks ('enlightened' not enlightened) should always be taken as tongue-in-cheek.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Hey Oak

Hmm,okay     But as I said,I do not really believe atheist are what they claim & I think anyone can be tomorrows Christian,,,,I do not ever limit the power of our Lord saving Grace or set boundaries for His Calling,who am I to claim to know whom He calls & whom He does not...who hears His voice & who does not,,,,,I am not even qualified to give an opinion                                 with Love,Kwik

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Oak Wood,

Interesting thought. Perhaps a questioning atheist? One that is sensing the drawing of the Father , as we would know it. One that questions, & is really seeking for us to give clear, thoughtful answers. I also find when talking to others who do not believe that asking them questions often leads them to realise the eventual consequences of their statements.

eg. Why doss God not stop that bus where the children got killed. (or something like that) As you ask them what else they would like God to step in & stop, change etc it eventually leads to `the whole world,` & then how to change people. God would have to run around continually fixing up people`s mistakes & then there would be not consequences for our actions. people could kill others knowing that God would fix it up.

Anyway you get the general drift. So as we help people to really work through what their thoughts mean, they eventually (not always in one conversation) are drawn by the Holy Spirit to further truth.

Good subject to discuss. How we help those who do not believe, as yet.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

.......does that mean that one day he's going to be saved?

What do you think?

We don't think...simply follow the Holy Spirit and He leads us according to His desire.