pawz

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hello  Worthy family, was wondering if there is anyone here who is comfy with Hebrew and who might be able to answer an easy question.  I am VERY rusty on it, and never did get to grips with the grammar to any depths at best - but today I have been trying to answer a query that came up when chatting with a friend (I was unable to do so from peering at my books), and in doing so I noticed that a fair few words in the verse I was looking at ( Exodus 27:2) had the suffix 'tav', and I wondered what this signified. Would it be something like the 'im' for plural in shamayim or goyim, or does it indicate gender?

Answers gratefully received. :biggrin2:

Guest Geoff Primanti

I don't know any Hebrew except meditation on what the letters mean (which is more learning by osmosis than actual study where I would consciously know their meaning as I have never been taught on this) through my monthly reading through of Psalm 119.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

well thank you anyway Geoff :grin:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings pawz...

Interesting word(or letter) ....we can probably do an entire study on this single "mark"

The actual Hebrew word translated as mark in this verse is tav, the name of the Twenty-Second Letter. Everyone marked with the Tav Cross was protected when God poured out his wrath on the apostates corrupting His Temple. Similar imagery appears in Revelation 7 when God sealed 144,000 of His servants in their foreheads against the coming judgment. All of this conspires to reveal Tav as the Covenant Letter which is the meaning recognized by both Christians and Jews since antiquity. It is here that we come to an ultimate understanding of the overall structure of Scripture and an answer to the question: Why is the entire Bible built upon the Number 22? It is the Divine Seal of Scripture - a perfect Circle, sevenfold symmetric perfection, sealed with the Cross! Could anything be simpler? Could anything be more beautiful?

The ancient Rabbinical tradition calls Tav the Seal of God, the Seal of Truth, and the Seal of Creation. Rabbi Ginsburgh, in his article on Tav This link takes you off the Bible Wheel site and opens a new window, identifies the seal as truth (אמת, emet), spelt with the first, middle, and last of the sacred letters. He then says:

The last letter or seal of the word emet, "truth," itself - the seal of G-d's seal - is the letter tav, simple faith, the conclusion and culmination of all twenty-two forces - letters - active in Creation.

Could the truth shine forth more plainly? Could God have made it any simpler? For nearly two thousand years the truth of God has been lifted high upon the steeples of Christian churches throughout the world. It is the sign of the Cross! 

Copyright © 2014 Richard Amiel McGough All Rights Reserved

That is just a little portion of biblewheel.com 2.0 (2009 - 2011)Which is an interesting read ............thought you might enjoy it.......I am no authority on Hebrew,far from it .......but I only know it to mean " mark" or truth given,completion,perfection-if I am correct                         With love-in Christ,Kwik