I guess money really can't buy happiness.  :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,063
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

no it really can't.....   it also can't buy good health either......    physical or mental....

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

He had bipolar and had been very depressed for quite awhile. Very sad for those around him. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I hear so much about William's talent as a comic genius and I am going against the stream of his accolades, but I never thought he was funny. Why am I so disconnected from the majority of fans.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I hear so much about William's talent as a comic genius and I am going against the stream of his accolades, but I never thought he was funny. Why am I so disconnected from the majority of fans.

Some people like chocolate, others do not.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

i don't know if he was saved or not... but the assumption that he must have missed out on salvation because he committed suicide is, i believe, in error. depression is a mental illness. suicide is often a resulting symptom of that mental illness. if a person has accepted Jesus, that doesn't mean they are exempt from illness, mental or otherwise, or even suicide... nor does it mean they forfeit the gift of salvation if they succumb to their illness (and commit suicide.)

i hope he knew Jesus.

Unfortunately I have seen videos of him doing his stand-up routine where he mocks God and the Bible.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Some people like chocolate, others do not.

Got your drift.

Guest Butero

I am sorry to hear about his tragic death.  I would say my favorite films he was in was "Jumangi" and "Dead Poets Society."  I think he was a very talented actor.  The worst thing about this is the way he died, as I don't believe a person who commits suicide can be saved, and I do believe they forfeit their salvation if they were saved in the first place.  It is a wilful sin that they aren't able to repent of, so they die with spot on their garment.  I don't believe he was a Christian to begin with, but it wouldn't matter.  When I first heard about his death last night, the details were not mentioned, so I assumed he had a heart attack or something like that.  It is sad to hear of anyone's death, but it is really tragic when it is a suicide.  We have had numerous debates over the question of whether or not you can make it to heaven if you commit suicide, and I am clearly of the opinion you cannot.  I don't believe in eternal security, and I don't believe that loss of salvation is this long process.  To me, it only takes one unconfessed wilful sin to forfeit salvation.  As such, the answer to the question depends on how one views eternal security or how easily you can lose salvation.  Feel free to come back and tell me I am wrong, but I stand by what I said. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,063
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

but when people have mental illness, are they still responsible for thier actions?   That would be my only disagreement Butero, and that is a question in my own mind.   I have friends that are Bi Polar and it's not a pretty thing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I always was told suicide gets you to hell immediately. You won't be saved. I think that's really sad. I know full well what those dark moments are like and you want God there but he isn't. I tried to take my own life once, but was afraid of the outcome so didn't carry it out properly. All I got was nasty side effects. Still feel mad at God over this inside, but he loves me I guess...so I shut the anger out. Maybe the fear to kill myself 'properly' was him, I don't know.

I really really hope he was saved. Everyone deserves to be saved. He was a nice man and I believe he spoke of Jesus once.

Such a joyful happy person could hide so much pain inside. It's really sad.