relationship question

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have been "dating" a great christian man for about 5 months (he is divorced 1 year) we are both 47.  We feel like an old married couple. lol  I have traveled to his parents 3 times, have met all his kids.  We hang out all the time.  Work in hes garden together, enjoy being together.  It just feels right.  we met on a dating site.  The other day, I asked if he was still on the dating site and he said yes.  (there is a romantic connection between the two of us, so I am not "reading" more into the relationship we are beyond friends)  He said he is not seeing anyone, that he is just scared to make a commitment with anyone right now.  

I guess I do realize that be me asking him to get off the dating site I am asking for a commitment.  Should I give him more time and see what happens?  Or am I right to say he needs to get off in order for us to see "where we go".  At this point I had told him we need to take a break for awhile until he can work though his issues.  That it is not fair to me, to fall deeper and deeper and then he one day say, im sorry, I met someone else.  He said he is not looking for anyone else and that I need to let him get off in his own time and for me to be patient?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, if he chose wrong the first time, don't push him into choosing wrong again....   I can understand why he's careful....

Pray about it and see where it goes.......   if it's a good thing God will see that it works out and if it doesn't it just wasn't meant to be.  Just be sure you are doing Godly dating.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Well, if he chose wrong the first time, don't push him into choosing wrong again....   I can understand why he's careful....

Pray about it and see where it goes.......   if it's a good thing God will see that it works out and if it doesn't it just wasn't meant to be.  Just be sure you are doing Godly dating.

So, don't worry about the internet? and just keep going out and see where it goes?  Time will tell.....

that's what i'd do.... not worry about the internet and see where it goes. 

unless it's already progressed to the point where you do want a commitment. if that's the case, and you're at that point alone in the relationship, then it might be better to walk away.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

that's what i'd do.... not worry about the internet and see where it goes. 

unless it's already progressed to the point where you do want a commitment. if that's the case, and you're at that point alone in the relationship, then it might be better to walk away.

If not walk away at least step back and give it some room...   If you have not been divorced I don't think one can understand the problems developing that kind of committed relationship again......   at least that's what divorced friends tell me.