IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, silviawang said:

Edited by JTC

5 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

No, islam does not believe on the virgin birth of Jesus.  They believe, Jesus was a prophet yes, but not born from a virgin.

Maybe not, I'm not going to debate it. But I worked with an Egyptian Muslim and he claimed they believe Mary was a virgin and that she was made by god. But he still didn't believe God can have a son therefore Jesus was not the son of God. He also pointed out the God doesn't have brothers, sisters, nor parents. I know that's screwy logic but this is what this 1 man believed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, JTC said:

Maybe not, I'm not going to debate it. But I worked with an Egyptian Muslim and he claimed they believe Mary was a virgin and that she was made by god. But he still didn't believe God can have a son therefore Jesus was not the son of God. He also pointed out the God doesn't have brothers, sisters, nor parents. I know that's screwy logic but this is what this 1 man believed.

I think you are correct there JTC.  I did a quick search on google and it seems that is the case, they have this written in their holy books.  In the past, i have watched some debates and the muslim guys seemed to question the virgin birth. It was a long time ago, so i guess they were incorrect too.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 2017年3月18日 at 11:34 PM, eileenhat said:

Catholics have a belief system that incorporates the writings of their Church, along with Bible scripture.  There are quite a few articles comparing their beliefs to protestants (just google that).

I have not studied Catholicism because it is a system of belief that typically is chosen by the parents, for their children beginning with a ritual baptism post birth.  So most people are born into that system of belief.

From my own personal viewpoint, they have lost the ability to connect to the New Testament teachings in an effort to hold onto a dogma that attaches itself to a priesthood, something that Protestants will not do.

Now I feel lucky to be the Chinese

Bcs we are born without any religion

So we can chose any religion without burden.

On 2017年3月18日 at 11:44 PM, Radiant_Owl said:

Just because he said it doesn't mean it is true. GWB was known for making silly remarks during his terms in office.

GWB is the most popular US president in china,bcs the Chinese think he is so kind,so humble,so human,when his Secretary  Condoleezza Rice attended a sermon in a church in Beijing,the Chinese Christians cheered:sister Rice,sister Rice”

On 2017年3月19日 at 0:41 AM, JTC said:

I think that for the most part America is still a Christian nation. BUT, we have a big difference in America from the Mid East and maybe countries like China too. On your side of the world the government tends to follow whatever religion their country is. You can really see this in the Mid Eastern Muslim countries. But we have something called Separation Between Church and State. Basically that means the government doesn't have to do what the religion of the country believes. So even if Evangelical Christians made up 70% of the people in America the government could still legalize something that's a sin if they wanted to. When Obama was president most of the government officials were not Christians and the LGBT community put a lot of pressure on the government to make gay marriage legal. That's how it happened. Just so you know, many Americans of all faiths are in shock that this happened. Many Catholics are also shocked that pope made gay marriage allowable in the Catholic religion. The only Catholic I know who doesn't think that's the worst thing that could have happened is 23, and 23 yr old's tend to believe "whatever works for you is fine".   

In my mind “the Christian nation”means the mainsterm of the nantion are the Christians

I get the Information of US from the films,tv shows,news of media(mainly yahoo,sometimes cnn,bbc,fox)

I only watch the science fiction films of Hollywood,bcs I  am the big fans of Indian bollywood,and only the science fiction films,the bollywood filmmakers are not sophisticated  in,so it is obliged me turning to Hollywood

the science fiction films of Hollywood,is very Bibical,Always the story of a superhero saved the earth,saved the maninkind--it is ok

But I heard that the guys in Hollywood are all left –wings,it is obvious, they all stand with Hillary

But TV shows,

the tv shows I watched:

The Big Bang Theory----- in it ,the licentious life seems so common,and Sheldon always mocks the Christians,

(One “joke”he told:the Christians afraid to travel by ship bcs they think the earth is plain and afraid falling at the edge )

The Fringe----the story seems based on  Buddhist theory

Modern Family-----the Propaganda of gay marriage

And so on ………

And the medias… Trump had roared

On the other hand ,one day I find in yahoo news an article said that a wife of pastor complained that her husband looks like an angel in public,but a true devil in home,

And the article just next to it:

the  Islam is religion of love and kindness

And this is my face when I saw these:

:confused::o

And sometimes I also watched talk shows:

Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, Trevor Nnoah

-----------I think I am very strong minded that with so much information,I am still not the left wing and liberal

3 hours ago, silviawang said:

In my mind “the Christian nation”means the mainsterm of the nantion are the Christians

I get the Information of US from the films,tv shows,news of media(mainly yahoo,sometimes cnn,bbc,fox)

I only watch the science fiction films of Hollywood,bcs I  am the big fans of Indian bollywood,and only the science fiction films,the bollywood filmmakers are not sophisticated  in,so it is obliged me turning to Hollywood

the science fiction films of Hollywood,is very Bibical,Always the story of a superhero saved the earth,saved the maninkind--it is ok

But I heard that the guys in Hollywood are all left –wings,it is obvious, they all stand with Hillary

But TV shows,

the tv shows I watched:

The Big Bang Theory----- in it ,the licentious life seems so common,and Sheldon always mocks the Christians,

(One “joke”he told:the Christians afraid to travel by ship bcs they think the earth is plain and afraid falling at the edge )

The Fringe----the story seems based on  Buddhist theory

Modern Family-----the Propaganda of gay marriage

And so on ………

And the medias… Trump had roared

On the other hand ,one day I find in yahoo news an article said that a wife of pastor complained that her husband looks like an angel in public,but a true devil in home,

And the article just next to it:

the  Islam is religion of love and kindness

And this is my face when I saw these:

:confused::o

I'm surprised that our TV makes you think America is a Christian nation but I'm also glad of that. Big Bang Theory is 1 of my favorite shows. But I like it because 1) it makes me laugh a lot and 2) it's about a group of friends that are close as family. Remember IT IS a comedy and not to be taken seriously, especially Sheldon. If Sheldon was a real person no one would even speak to him. But he's not supposed to be real he supposed to make you laugh. I don't watch Modern Family because it's too gay oriented and I don't get the Fringe on my TV system. What you said about BBT being licentious is true, but all of our TV shows are like that. I grew up in the 1960's and back then we had we had TV shows that weren't focused on sex. Some where even very family values oriented. I mean shows like Leave It to Beaver, Donna Reed, The Dick Van Dyke show, and then is the 70's we had a few shows about Heavenly things like Touched by an Angel and Highway to Heaven. These shows weren't Biblically correct but they were promoted Biblical values such as kindness, forgiveness, generosity, sharing and helping etc. There were very few shows like that. I consider us a Christian country too and I'm glad if the world sees us this way also.

32 minutes ago, JTC said:

I'm surprised that our TV makes you think America is a Christian nation but I'm also glad of that. Big Bang Theory is 1 of my favorite shows. But I like it because 1) it makes me laugh a lot and 2) it's about a group of friends that are close as family. Remember IT IS a comedy and not to be taken seriously, especially Sheldon. If Sheldon was a real person no one would even speak to him. But he's not supposed to be real he supposed to make you laugh. I don't watch Modern Family because it's too gay oriented and I don't get the Fringe on my TV system. What you said about BBT being licentious is true, but all of our TV shows are like that. I grew up in the 1960's and back then we had we had TV shows that weren't focused on sex. Some where even very family values oriented. I mean shows like Leave It to Beaver, Donna Reed, The Dick Van Dyke show, and then is the 70's we had a few shows about Heavenly things like Touched by an Angel and Highway to Heaven. These shows weren't Biblically correct but they were promoted Biblical values such as kindness, forgiveness, generosity, sharing and helping etc. There were very few shows like that. I consider us a Christian country too and I'm glad if the world sees us this way also.

I'm surprised that our TV makes you think America is a Christian nation ????????????

:confused:

15 minutes ago, Davida said:

But Christianity isn't a mere religion.  Religion is man made explanations of how to get to heaven by works.  Christ Jesus is the only path to eternal salvation  through the forgiveness of our sins by the  sacrifice Jesus made on the cross at Calvary and thru His resurrection into heaven.  Through Jesus Christ is the only way to be reconciled with the True Creator of the heavens & the earth who made all of life.  

Frankly to say the living GOD never gave and gives me chance to choose,it is HIM choose i ,not i choose HIM