IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, silviawang said:

I'm surprised that our TV makes you think America is a Christian nation ????????????

:confused:

Why? Maybe because I'm an older man and I remember when TV had wholesome family values on it. If you can get some of the old 1/2 Hour shows I already mentioned try watching them. But there were a lot more. Some were: Daddy Knows Best, My Three Son's, Ozzie and Harriet, these are all I can think of at the moment. Then there were other shows like Gidget that featured a teenage girl who was usually is a bikini but in spite of this Gidget herself was not a loose girl and she demonstrated having will power to do the right thing. Nowadays there are very few shows I'll even watch. I told you why I watch BBT in spite of it being licentious. I watch another comedy called Mom. All our modern shows are about people living in 1 or more sins and pretending that they are doing nothing wrong. Others are so violent I can't stand them. I used to think "Criminal Minds" was interesting but then I realized it helps encourage people with psychopathic tendencies to act on those tendencies so I no longer watch it. I don't have cable TV I use an antenna so I only get about 10 channels. As far as new shows go I find next to none are decent to watch. This is why I'm surprised TV convinced you we're a Christian country. We are, or we are supposed to be. But compared to the 1960's, 70's even the 80's, it's hard to tell. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

16 minutes ago, JTC said:

Why? Maybe because I'm an older man and I remember when TV had wholesome family values on it. If you can get some of the old 1/2 Hour shows I already mentioned try watching them. But there were a lot more. Some were: Daddy Knows Best, My Three Son's, Ozzie and Harriet, these are all I can think of at the moment. Then there were other shows like Gidget that featured a teenage girl who was usually is a bikini but in spite of this Gidget herself was not a loose girl and she demonstrated having will power to do the right thing. Nowadays there are very few shows I'll even watch. I told you why I watch BBT in spite of it being licentious. I watch another comedy called Mom. All our modern shows are about people living in 1 or more sins and pretending that they are doing nothing wrong. Others are so violent I can't stand them. I used to think "Criminal Minds" was interesting but then I realized it helps encourage people with psychopathic tendencies to act on those tendencies so I no longer watch it. I don't have cable TV I use an antenna so I only get about 10 channels. As far as new shows go I find next to none are decent to watch. This is why I'm surprised TV convinced you we're a Christian country. We are, or we are supposed to be. But compared to the 1960's, 70's even the 80's, it's hard to tell. 

I surely know US used to be a Christian country and I am deeply moved by it,bcs my university was founded by the church of US and it is do a story of glory testimony,and is one of the reasons I seeking GOD

What I want to observe is toady’s world,I feel Europe is almost hopless,it will be Europe-stan,so I turn my eyes to US, frankly to say ,the gay marriage became legal was shocked  me very much,And I am sorry to say that,maybe this is a signal of sth

8 minutes ago, Davida said:

alright, whatever, you chose to argue , I'm trying to put up the way of Salvation for those who read the Forum. My point stands. Christianity is NOT religion.  God offers all the free gift of Salvation and people must accept it.

Do not worry about GOD’s chosen people, my experience is :GOD leaded ,GOD is leading, and GOD will leading,yes ,it is not the religion,it is the truth about the eternal life

18 minutes ago, silviawang said:

I surely know US used to be a Christian country and I am deeply moved by it,bcs my university was founded by the church of US and it is do a story of glory testimony,and is one of the reasons I seeking GOD

What I want to observe is toady’s world,I feel Europe is almost hopless,it will be Europe-stan,so I turn my eyes to US, frankly to say ,the gay marriage became legal was shocked  me very much,And I am sorry to say that,maybe this is a signal of sth

Silvia, I assure you many of us were also shocked when gay marriage became legal. IMO if Obama would have campaigned and said if he becomes president he will legalize gay marriage I doubt he would have won. I know of plenty of people who don't agree with gay marriage and it's not because they are Christian, it makes them sick to the stomach or they just feel it's wrong. In America the problem is lukewarm Christians. I'd rather deal with an atheist than a lukewarm Christian. With an atheist I have to convince him God is real and I kinda know how to do that. But a lukewarm Christian isn't obeying God. They think they are but their behavior clearly shows they aren't. But when I say that I'm accused of advocating a gospel of works, but I'm not. James said "faith without works is dead" Jesus said whoever loves Him will obey His Father and many other things that mean what we do matters to God. Works don't save you but they prove you are saved. America is loaded with people who believe they are Christian but they live just like an atheist. They claim they accept Jesus but they don't do what He told us to do. Some try a little and others don't try at all. The true Christians are scattered all over the country. I say this because IMO the true Christians are the people who obey the Word. They have to at least be trying. And then as time goes by a person sees they get better at obeying. This is why I say being a Christian is a lifelong thing. If it were a race it would be a marathon, not a sprint. Sometimes it takes 20 or 30 years for a specific person to demonstrate the fruits of the spirit in his life. That's ok because God is immortal and He's patient.  

40 minutes ago, JTC said:

Silvia, I assure you many of us were also shocked when gay marriage became legal. IMO if Obama would have campaigned and said if he becomes president he will legalize gay marriage I doubt he would have won. I know of plenty of people who don't agree with gay marriage and it's not because they are Christian, it makes them sick to the stomach or they just feel it's wrong. In America the problem is lukewarm Christians. I'd rather deal with an atheist than a lukewarm Christian. With an atheist I have to convince him God is real and I kinda know how to do that. But a lukewarm Christian isn't obeying God. They think they are but their behavior clearly shows they aren't. But when I say that I'm accused of advocating a gospel of works, but I'm not. James said "faith without works is dead" Jesus said whoever loves Him will obey His Father and many other things that mean what we do matters to God. Works don't save you but they prove you are saved. America is loaded with people who believe they are Christian but they live just like an atheist. They claim they accept Jesus but they don't do what He told us to do. Some try a little and others don't try at all. The true Christians are scattered all over the country. I say this because IMO the true Christians are the people who obey the Word. They have to at least be trying. And then as time goes by a person sees they get better at obeying. This is why I say being a Christian is a lifelong thing. If it were a race it would be a marathon, not a sprint. Sometimes it takes 20 or 30 years for a specific person to demonstrate the fruits of the spirit in his life. That's ok because God is immortal and He's patient.  

said if he becomes president he will legalize gay marriage

---------------

What ???OMG,I am far more shocked!

Do y know what this means?this means GOD gave the opportunity to US,and the Americans choosed to disobey GOD

And we all know according to Bible, what this Process means

The political correctness,there is a Prophecy says that today’s west is over civilized,and someday it will be killed bcs of it,and now I think it may come to true

Neurotic political correctness

Edited by silviawang

It is extremely difficult to me to understand why in REV. GOD will kill without distinction,now little by little i think I may have some understanding

The corruptted east and the over civilized west(the westerner pursue their own righteousness and neglect the righteousness from GOD,that not real humble and love and kind,that’s dull minded toward GOD and boasting themself)

1 hour ago, silviawang said:

said if he becomes president he will legalize gay marriage

---------------

What ???OMG,I am far more shocked!

Do y know what this means?this means GOD gave the opportunity to US,and the Americans choosed to disobey GOD

And we all know according to Bible, what this Process means

I never voted for Obama and the 2nd time I didn't even listen to what he had to say. I was shocked when gay marriage became legal.

What shocks you now, that I said there are so many lukewarm Christians? The reason is bc 30 - 50 yrs ago evangelists were telling people all they had to do to get to heaven was say some words. The Pastors weren't any better. No one was preaching that you have to change. And if you don't even want to change I don't know if the person was really born again. But we know Jesus said He'd spit lukewarm Christians out. It's not up to me to decide what Jesus will do with all those people. They never received the correct teachings. It's only been in the last 10 yrs or so that preachers r talking about obeying God. Before that I never used to hear it. I knew it and I used to say it but then I'd get attacked. Now the teaching is finally starting to spread so I think God is going to give everyone a chance to obey it. God is big on giving people time to change. 

Edited by JTC

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

God is out to cleanse His whole creation of sin and it's effects...and this is how...

2 Peter 3:10-13 KJV
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

If y are living in the age of REV,and see the massacre from GOD with y eyes,whats y feeling about it?can y still praise GOD ,and stand with GOD?

7 minutes ago, JTC said:

I never voted for Obama and the 2nd time I didn't even listen to what he had to say. I was shocked when gay marriage became legal.

What shocks you now, that I said there are so many lukewarm Christians? The reason is bc 30 - 50 yrs ago evangelists were telling people all they had to do to get to heaven was say some words. The Pastors weren't any better. No one was preaching that you have to change. And you don't even want to change I don't know if the person was really born again. But we know Jesus said He'd spit lukewarm Christians out. It's not up to me to decide what Jesus will do with all those people. They never received the correct teachings. It's only been in the last 10 yrs or so that preachers r talking about obeying God. Before that I never used to hear it. I knew it and I used to say it but then I'd get attacked. Now the teaching is finally starting to spread so I think God is going to give everyone a chance to obey it. God is big on giving people time to change. 

They never received the correct teachings. 

-------------------------

I do not think so,Bible is always there,and not complex,even a kid can understand what it says

y should do good,and do the right thing,if y do evil,do sth wrong,y will be punished

When we were little kids, parents taught us in this way,diffcult to understand?