IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Recent days I watched a lot of documentaries about the nature (from BBC and discovery channel),and all I heard is evolution, evolution, and evolution.

So when I awake in morning,2 questions come to my mind:

1-      all are the evolution,so there is totally no GOD

2-      and then I aware that a person get this kind of information day by day,year by year,it is almost impossible to him to believe in GOD

in china,lots of people hate Darwin’s theory,bcs the atheism(which is based on Darwinism)almost destroy our morality,and make china extremely corrupt,bcs the evolution,and we are just animals ,the very purpose of our life is just the survive and make our DNA pass down,so we do not need any morality,for survive,the Chinese can do anything evil (as evil as you can image)to earn money ,and according to evolution,you can not say it is worng, and also bcs of evolution(which brings  atheism),people do not believe in gods anymore(the traditional china is polytheism) ,and do not fear the punishment from gods any more,the sinful nature of human being is like an opening Pandora's box ------as terrible as you can image.

So when lots of Chinese aware the consequence of evolutionism ,they became the most radical anti-evolutionism,and the strong controversy about the evolutionism lasting for a long time in Chinese forum.

surprisely, the most strong evidence the evolutionists give,are come from US,which we think the Christian nation,look at these:

http://www.nasonline.org/member-directory/

http://nas.nasonline.org/site/Dir?sid=1011&view=basic&pg=srch

http://www.amacad.org/members/classList.pdf

http://www.nature.com/subjects

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/340/6138.subject-index

so my question is how can a person ,whom raised in evolutionism and living in evolutionism,believ in GOD?frankly to say ,the reason I believe in GOD is bcs I see the deadly consequence of atheism,but the people in western world do not have such experience and understanding,so although the mainstream of western is still be proclaimed as the Christian,but is it only the tradition,not the real faith?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Sylvia, when I was young we were still taught about God somewhat it school. We sang our national hymns which spoke of God. Prayer was still allowed. And evolution was taught as a theory, not as fact. My biology teacher told us that he was required to teach it but we didn't have to believe it.

I often jokingly say: if you think you decended from an ape, you may have been.

If you think you were made in the likeness of God, you probably are.

For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Prov 23:7 NKJV I think it is appropriate even if it is out of context.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The good thing is, we don't just have the written word of God, we have the Holy Spirit too. So while the Bible is the word of God and evolution is the word of Atheism, those who believe in evolution do not have the truth of any spirit.

It's possible to live in a society that preaches nothing but evolution and still believe in Jesus Christ, because the Holy Spirit can give conviction that can override any man-made doctrine.

I can read books on evolution until the cows come home and still not find it convincing.

But, I don't because I choose not to. I'm more interested in the active biology of plants and animals than I am in the boring drudgery of fossils and extinct species.

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 8/13/2014 at 4:55 PM, silviawang said:

Recent days I watched a lot of documentaries about the nature (from BBC and discovery channel),and all I heard is evolution, evolution, and evolution.

So when I awake in morning,2 questions come to my mind:

1-      all are the evolution,so there is totally no GOD

2-      and then I aware that a person get this kind of information day by day,year by year,it is almost impossible to him to believe in GOD

Well Sylvia,

I am 65, I grew up in the U.S. and was educated in the public schools. My parents, never discussed God, never read the Bible, never prayed, as far as I know. In public school, I was taught evolution, and never heard about God, I assume that is a common experience.

When I was almost 30, I became a Christian, and oddly enough, it was at the moment that a National Geographic special I was watching, had just mentioned evolution, that I decided I could not longer accept that theory.

My point is, that you can be bombarded with information about science and evolution, and be given the impression, that this is what rational people believe, but this sort of propaganda, is not all that effective in reality, as far as I can tell.

For your consideration, I offer the results of a poll of over 35,000  people in the U.S. While it does show that Christianity and other faiths tend to be losing ground, it also reveals that people who believe in God, far outnumber Atheists here.

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2015/05/PR_15.05.12_RLS-00.png

poll.png

19 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well Sylvia,

I am 65, I grew up in the U.S. and was educated in the public schools. My parents, never discussed God, never read the Bible, never prayed, as far as I know. In public school, I was taught evolution, and never heard about God, I assume that is a common experience.

When I was almost 30, I became a Christian, and oddly enough, it was at the moment that a National Geographic special I was watching, had just mentioned evolution, that I decided I could not longer accept that theory.

My point is, that you can be bombarded with information about science and evolution, and be given the impression, that this is what rational people believe, but this sort of propaganda, is not all that effective in reality, as far as I can tell.

For your consideration, I offer the results of a poll of over 35,000  people in the U.S. While it does show that Christianity and other faiths tend to be losing ground, it also reveals that people who believe in God, far outnumber Atheists here.

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2015/05/PR_15.05.12_RLS-00.png

poll.png

The interesting thing is:

In baidu(Chinese Google),if y typing in “evolutionism “,almost all the Suggestion informations are all negative,all leading to evolutionism is wrong”

Do y know why?

Bcs ………………………

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If you are asking why in China if you 'baidu' the word 'evolution' it shows that evolution is wrong, it could be because it is a predominately Buddhist nation. Evolution is essentially materialistic where matter is eternal...nothing created matter it has always existed.

no, the main stream in china has no faith for any  religion

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ok, if it is Communism, then evolution should go hand in hand and I can't see why they would disagree with evolution.

Sometimes ,I really really want to give big thanks to GOD that I know china(under the Marxism and Buddhism,I know India(under Hinduism)---India is my passion and hobby------and ,maybe I also know western world,bcs I am a Christian

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Perhaps God will lead you as a missionary to India some day.

maybe..............

But sometimes I really want to introduce Hinduism  to Christian

And let the Christian understand why the polytheism and idolatry(the pagan gods)is wrong

Edited by silviawang

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

These kinds of questions there not easily understood. 

Once an aquindance asked me, can I believe in Jesus Christ and remained in my coulture. 

I said yes, JESUS CHRIST will be happy if you believe and he accepts your faith as you are and where you are, your personal sircumstanses is your, and you know the reasons. 

So yes, you can believe in Jesus Christ even if you were taught to believe in evolution. 

At some point in the future they will understand deferent and they will see things deferent, evolution is something we are subject every day, we have the biological evolution, but we our kind was created by God, and is subject to evolution all the time. 

There are many reasons why every generation looks deferent from the other generations , but the roots are the same. 

God created us , that's why he gave us Jesus Christ the Savior, the Redeemer so we can be in Heaven with him. 

Never tell someone not to believe in Jesus Christ. 

Jesus Christ wants everyone to believe in him as they are at where they are. 

This present world on the Earth was created by God, about another world that existed before and which remnas we have discovered, and we can not denied and which is distinguish from our present world. 

That's what the flood is teaching us that we live in a new world, but on the same Earth and that the remnas of the old is gone. 

That's why we discovered the world of dinosaur , and other old species. 

This present species of us is the species God made in his image, that's why it will never come to extinction . 

Those are my thoughts for now , but they evolve all the time , I mean they are not the same all the time. 

Even an atheist can believe in Jesus Christ, 

That will mean, even he may have the coulture and education and habits of the atheist and live among atheist, he has departed from one of their tenants and believes we are ETERNAL . 

An atheist can say , I want to believe in Jesus Christ and God , how about if it is truth, and if it is not , that can not hurt me anyway. 

Jesus accepts this reasoning that produces this faith in this man. 

How do you know if he is not the one who put this fear in this man, and make him believe just in case. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

They [who teach twisted doctrine] are of the world and belong to it; therefore they speak from the [viewpoint of the] world [with its immoral freedom and baseless theories—demanding compliance with their opinions and ridiculing the values of the upright], and the [gullible one of the] world listens closely and pays attention to them.

Matthew 10:32-33The Message (MSG)

32-33 “Stand up for me against world opinion and I’ll stand up for you before my Father in heaven. If you turn tail and run, do you think I’ll cover for you?
The Message (MSG)

ERV
..... God knows what is really in your hearts. What people think is important is worth nothing to God.
ESV
 ..... For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

-------------------------------------------

God knows what’s behind the appearance.

What society sees and calls monumental (great,  exalted, respected) , God sees through and calls monstrous.