silviawang

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

1 hour ago, Tea Ess said:

Hi, Christian here. 

I believe in evolution, and I also believe in God. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

Actually to say ,I think Theistic evolution is the perfect answer

15 hours ago, warrior12 said:

What is all this about.  You did not address what i spoke to you about, and that is lifting up the name of Jesus Christ.   

With talking with various types of Christians and also with listening various types of sermons(more than 90% are in English)

My question is :who is the REAL Christian???

There are Catholic ,  Orthodox, Protestant,all under the name of Christianity

And within the Protestant,more than 3000 religious sects

So ,who is right???

Do not honour LORD with lips,it is cheap and easy,but with lives

Edited by silviawang

Isaiah 29

13 The Lord said: Because these people draw near with their mouths and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their worship of me is a human commandment learned by rote;

Matthew 7

21 "Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Edited by silviawang

On 8/13/2014 at 7:55 PM, silviawang said:

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

Recent days I watched a lot of documentaries about the nature (from BBC and discovery channel),and all I heard is evolution, evolution, and evolution.

So when I awake in morning,2 questions come to my mind:

1-      all are the evolution,so there is totally no GOD

2-      and then I aware that a person get this kind of information day by day,year by year,it is almost impossible to him to believe in GOD

in china,lots of people hate Darwin’s theory,bcs the atheism(which is based on Darwinism)almost destroy our morality,and make china extremely corrupt,bcs the evolution,and we are just animals ,the very purpose of our life is just the survive and make our DNA pass down,so we do not need any morality,for survive,the Chinese can do anything evil (as evil as you can image)to earn money ,and according to evolution,you can not say it is worng, and also bcs of evolution(which brings  atheism),people do not believe in gods anymore(the traditional china is polytheism) ,and do not fear the punishment from gods any more,the sinful nature of human being is like an opening Pandora's box ------as terrible as you can image.

So when lots of Chinese aware the consequence of evolutionism ,they became the most radical anti-evolutionism,and the strong controversy about the evolutionism lasting for a long time in Chinese forum.

surprisely, the most strong evidence the evolutionists give,are come from US,which we think the Christian nation,look at these:

http://www.nasonline.org/member-directory/

http://nas.nasonline.org/site/Dir?sid=1011&view=basic&pg=srch

http://www.amacad.org/members/classList.pdf

http://www.nature.com/subjects

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/340/6138.subject-index

so my question is how can a person ,whom raised in evolutionism and living in evolutionism,believ in GOD?frankly to say ,the reason I believe in GOD is bcs I see the deadly consequence of atheism,but the people in western world do not have such experience and understanding,so although the mainstream of western is still be proclaimed as the Christian,but is it only the tradition,not the real faith?

Many Christian do accept some form of evolution, but not the atheistic understanding of it.  For me it is obvious that there is an underlying infinite intelligence in this process (evolution), no way could it happen by blind, unconscious, meandering process.    This infinite intelligence is revealed to us through Jesus Christ. 

Peace
Mark

7 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

Hi, Christian here. 

I believe in evolution, and I also believe in God. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

Hi Tea Ess, nice to meet you here.    How so, the God of the Bible gave a specific account on the creation of man and  the world we live in.  Evolution is not mentioned in the Bible , which Christians believe is the word of God and given to us.    So, there is definitely conflict of truths if we use the Bible as the measure.  If however, you are using your own understanding and together with the science, then it is not in agreement  with God's word and have to say evolution is a lie and from the master deceiver, satan.   Also, you have to make a definite choice and not be a fence sitter.  Can't play both sides of the game, it is not allowed, you have to choose your side, hopefully, it is on the word of God.

16 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Hi Tea Ess, nice to meet you here.    How so, the God of the Bible gave a specific account on the creation of man and  the world we live in.  Evolution is not mentioned in the Bible , which Christians believe is the word of God and given to us.    So, there is definitely conflict of truths if we use the Bible as the measure.  If however, you are using your own understanding and together with the science, then it is not in agreement  with God's word and have to say evolution is a lie and from the master deceiver, satan.   Also, you have to make a definite choice and not be a fence sitter.  Can't play both sides of the game, it is not allowed, you have to choose your side, hopefully, it is on the word of God.

Lots of things that are not mentioned in the bible, but are facts none the less.  Like 'germs', 'bacteria', 'atoms' etc. 
I do believe you go too far on your fence sitter analogy.  Many Christians believe that there was a process involved in how things got to be where they are now.....evolution is one word for it.  Though from God's point of view, everything is happening 'now'. 

The work of God through Christ Jesus. How do people raised in islamic countries under hate of christianity come to believe Jesus is messiah? 

How do people in pagan tribes become christian? 

Born again believer recieve from God a spirit of truth, (christ in us) and are taught by God The truth and The Liar is exposed to them.

People who do not love truth but believe "The Lie" are given over to a deception. 

There are decieved people in the west that believe The Lie (satanic deception). But we still have a strong christion base that knows and loves "The Truth". When you know your creator its pretty hard to be decieved by "The Satanic  Lie" "There is no creator". 

Edited by Reinitin
Missed the question

28 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Lots of things that are not mentioned in the bible, but are facts none the less.  Like 'germs', 'bacteria', 'atoms' etc. 
I do believe you go too far on your fence sitter analogy.  Many Christians believe that there was a process involved in how things got to be where they are now.....evolution is one word for it.  Though from God's point of view, everything is happening 'now'. 

We are talking about the very creation of life and the formation of this magnificent universe that we live in.   Well, God does give a specific account on how he created it all.  Well, if some Christians are choosing to have other beliefs in how the good Lord made man and the universe,  then , they most likely have some other doctrines they are listening too and not the Bible.  The Bible gives us a clear and concise account of our creation and how it was done.  Evolution and its propagation is from the father of lies, whose aim is for man to doubt God's word.    Fence sitter analogy is very correct, as either you hold God's word to be true or hold on to what some men has theorize and claim it for a fact.  You have to jump of the fence and choose a side my friend, the coach would not allow you on both side, he is a jealous God. 

18 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

We are talking about the very creation of life and the formation of this magnificent universe that we live in.   Well, God does give a specific account on how he created it all.  Well, if some Christians are choosing to have other beliefs in how the good Lord made man and the universe,  then , they most likely have some other doctrines they are listening too and not the Bible.  The Bible gives us a clear and concise account of our creation and how it was done.  Evolution and its propagation is from the father of lies, whose aim is for man to doubt God's word.    Fence sitter analogy is very correct, as either you hold God's word to be true or hold on to what some men has theorize and claim it for a fact.  You have to jump of the fence and choose a side my friend, the coach would not allow you on both side, he is a jealous God. 

I disagree ;-).  Science, when true, is also the word of God, for the laws of nature and the process of evolution are part of that.  God is the author of all things, that is what the book of genesis taught, not science. 

Peace
Mark