IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

In Islam , the "jesus" in their books is a prophet of allah which is not the same as the GOD of the Bible YHVH. Their "jesus" will come in the end and denounce Christianity and kill the unbelievers ( Jews & Christians_)  who do not follow their prophet Mohamed.

so why president George Walker Bush  said that the Christian and the Muslim are worship the same GOD???

Edited by silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

How could I  know what is his motive? perhaps he has been getting briefcases of money from the Saudi Oil Kings?    The Political Elites have their own motives.  I only know it is false , because it contradicts what is well-known & written in Islamic texts. This has been a false narrative that has been continuously repeated &  promoted by the Media that are hardly bearers of the TRUTH.

But I heard that he was moved the Americans very  much for his Christian faith,is that true?

Edited by silviawang

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/13/2014 at 6:55 PM, silviawang said:

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

Recent days I watched a lot of documentaries about the nature (from BBC and discovery channel),and all I heard is evolution, evolution, and evolution.

So when I awake in morning,2 questions come to my mind:

1-      all are the evolution,so there is totally no GOD

2-      and then I aware that a person get this kind of information day by day,year by year,it is almost impossible to him to believe in GOD

in china,lots of people hate Darwin’s theory,bcs the atheism(which is based on Darwinism)almost destroy our morality,and make china extremely corrupt,bcs the evolution,and we are just animals ,the very purpose of our life is just the survive and make our DNA pass down,so we do not need any morality,for survive,the Chinese can do anything evil (as evil as you can image)to earn money ,and according to evolution,you can not say it is worng, and also bcs of evolution(which brings  atheism),people do not believe in gods anymore(the traditional china is polytheism) ,and do not fear the punishment from gods any more,the sinful nature of human being is like an opening Pandora's box ------as terrible as you can image.

So when lots of Chinese aware the consequence of evolutionism ,they became the most radical anti-evolutionism,and the strong controversy about the evolutionism lasting for a long time in Chinese forum.

surprisely, the most strong evidence the evolutionists give,are come from US,which we think the Christian nation,look at these:

http://www.nasonline.org/member-directory/

http://nas.nasonline.org/site/Dir?sid=1011&view=basic&pg=srch

http://www.amacad.org/members/classList.pdf

http://www.nature.com/subjects

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/340/6138.subject-index

so my question is how can a person ,whom raised in evolutionism and living in evolutionism,believ in GOD?frankly to say ,the reason I believe in GOD is bcs I see the deadly consequence of atheism,but the people in western world do not have such experience and understanding,so although the mainstream of western is still be proclaimed as the Christian,but is it only the tradition,not the real faith?

A very good question!

Matthew 7:13–20 (AV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

False prophets exist in education, the media, other religions, and sadly even among believers in Christ... who buy into whatever deception to whatever degree they do...

I have debated and discussed evolution with many scientists and religious leaders and atheists and skeptics.

When I get to the core argument / the root of creationism versus macro-evolution (which is biogenesis) without fail, all who oppose creationism cop out. 

When confronted with the laws of physics (laws, not theories... like the theory of evolution...) we are confronted with the dilemma that all that exists should not exist.

The 2nd law of thermodynamics (maximum entropy) militates against anything being eternal.

The 1st law of thermodynamics (law of conservation) militates against anything coming into existence from nothing.

"So, where did it all come from?" I ask the evolutionist / atheist / skeptic.

To a man / woman I have only seen shrugged shoulders or heard poor excuses as to how evolution does not address the subject of where things come from...

What?

!!!

Evolution, touted by these people and rammed down everyone's throats in the media and education and entertainment and politics IS about how everything "got here" without a god of any sort.

So they claim.

But when the scientific evidence (scientific evidence, mind you) points to a Creator God who transcends the Laws of physics... the opposers run like scared rats  for cover to hide from the truth from facts.

The Bible teaches God can and does create whatever is necessary to accomplish his goals.

Adam and Eve for example were created as fully functioning fully functional adults.

Hey Adam, it's day seven of creation, Happy One Day Birthday!

There was no process of evolving from ameba to adam. God fashioned elements of the ground into a man and breathed life into it / him.

Booyah!

So this "aged" universe we live in could be no more than a few thousand years old. God created a fully functional human. Why not a fully functional universe?

And you will notice in all of the narratives to the contrary they presumptions are:

1. there is no God

2. everything is immensely old

3. no other explanation is possible

You will notice in the elaborate portrayals and depictions of evolution and the old universe mostly artists concepts. And hey they are quite elaborate. If only creationism had such talent in our studios...

The one I love the best is dark matter.

We can't detect it under any circumstances. But doggone it we know its there.

Blind Faith 101.

If the so-called clumpiness of the galaxies is actually a mysterious issue (and not simply a resistance to the facts of a young universe or a Creator), then these folks would do themselves a favor simply stating there is apparently some property to cosmology we have yet to discover. Then they would look less foolish.

After all, believers in a Creator are the ones exercising blind faith (according to evolutionists)... and they constantly step over fact and scientific evidence to hold to their beliefs...

Theirs is a blind faith unmatched by any other faith... since scientific evidence daily proves faith in the Creator God is in fact true. 

The OP asked the question (the way I understood it) in light of "now that most Americans believe in evolution..."

Even if I misunderstood, the point I am making here is:

Fact / Truth is never determined by popular vote / majority rule.

Even if no one believes the truth / facts, it does not alter the fact that they are truth and fact.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, silviawang said:

so why president George Walker Bush  said that the Christian and the Muslim are worship the same GOD???

Just because he said it doesn't mean it is true. GWB was known for making silly remarks during his terms in office.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, silviawang said:

There are some out there who think those from the Arab nations descended from Sarah's handmaiden's son, Ishmael. I'm not very sure, but I think the servants at that time worshiped the same God as their master's. An angel did appear to Hagar personally twice and she did recognize God at that time.

I understand that Allah is not a name , but a word that means God in Arabic and I know that this version of their false God began some 600 years after Christ. The Bible speaks about, by their own fruit they will be known, so look at the fruit that has come from worshipping a name instead of a good.

As far as worshiping God, the Idea of worshiping means you follow his teachings and live by his ideas and that is certainly not the case when you see their rituals and ideals. I think President Bush needed to read history, especially God's history in The Bible and not try to make history, on his own. We would be looking at a very different Middle East If Saddam Hussein was still in power and was a check on Iran.. 

I think that what he said was a stumbling attempt to defuse tensions. i hope that he has not damaged his relationship with the Lord by saying something so ridiculous.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, silviawang said:

But the Muslims,they both accept the OT and NT(their NT is named Injil),and they honor JESUS as the saint, prophet,born from the Virgin Mary,and will judge in the judgment day

No, islam does not believe on the virgin birth of Jesus.  They believe, Jesus was a prophet yes, but not born from a virgin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, silviawang said:

Just can not image this happened in a Christian nation

Or……is US a Christian nation?

I think that for the most part America is still a Christian nation. BUT, we have a big difference in America from the Mid East and maybe countries like China too. On your side of the world the government tends to follow whatever religion their country is. You can really see this in the Mid Eastern Muslim countries. But we have something called Separation Between Church and State. Basically that means the government doesn't have to do what the religion of the country believes. So even if Evangelical Christians made up 70% of the people in America the government could still legalize something that's a sin if they wanted to. When Obama was president most of the government officials were not Christians and the LGBT community put a lot of pressure on the government to make gay marriage legal. That's how it happened. Just so you know, many Americans of all faiths are in shock that this happened. Many Catholics are also shocked that pope made gay marriage allowable in the Catholic religion. The only Catholic I know who doesn't think that's the worst thing that could have happened is 23, and 23 yr old's tend to believe "whatever works for you is fine".